Products Custom Superman Costume

Kal-EL84

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone know who anybody of can make a custom superman costume, i kinda want it to be a mix between dean cains and the new routh costume. anything info helps. thanks!

This looks like a winner, aawwww ain't he cute?

20137.jpg

I'm in the process of making molds for the belt and chest emblem for the returns suit if i get good enough results i'll pop a few on ebay..

i made my suit entirely EXCEPT for the emblem and belt, which i obtained from a very talented friend of mine. I know it's not 100% accurate, but i like it like this...

supes3.jpg

supes5.jpg

super4.jpg
DSC00014.jpg

The only thing still left to do is attach the emblem to the suit, and get a haircut. I'll also add that i'm not taking requests for suits like this. I do this for my own collection.

yeah, that is very nice... i wish I could make my own suit

I just finished this up last night.... although i'm thinking about redoing the cape in a different pattern to avoid that seam... we'll see.
returns1.jpg
returns3.jpg

supes4.jpg
returns2.jpg

Again, this is only for my own personal collection, i'm not taking any type of orders

Cool, dude! I notice you went with a plain cloth for the cape instead of the leather type, is that right? Again, great work. :up:

What kind of material did you use for the body suit? Well, what kind did you use for all the pieces? It all looks great. And can you PM me contact info for the people that did the molds for you? I must have a good Superman costume by Halloween this year.

http://www.kmdtheatrics.com/
does by far the best comercial costume work I have ever seen. Kelly can make literaly any type of costume you want. I suggest talking to her if you want a kick @$$ custom suit.

02.jpg

09.jpg

03.jpg

Orlando Spider said:
I just finished this up last night.... although i'm thinking about redoing the cape in a different pattern to avoid that seam... we'll see.
returns1.jpg
returns3.jpg

supes4.jpg
returns2.jpg

Again, this is only for my own personal collection, i'm not taking any type of orders

wow man these r great, just fantastic. could u at least tell us the materials and such that u used. i am making a fan film and it would be great to know how u made ur costume, no ordering or anything just a list of materials. if u dont want to post it here u can pm me, thanx

Christ, that's a brilliant Wonder Woman costume - fairly close to the approach I'd like to see the movie take, though not quite. I don't like the big W accross the waist particularly, I'd prefer a traditional, more slender belt and a gap between the belt and chest-eagle.

I suggest talking to her if you want a kick @$$ custom suit.

Uh, Kelly's actually a guy :)

Orlando Spider - the design of your Superman costume is awesome. The colours and the whole "cut" of it is great - the sizes, shapes and arrangement of the various elements - is much better than the real Returns one, much more faithful, even though the changes themselves are slight, they are significant. If that costume was made with the same level of quality as the actual Returns suit it would look absolutely fantastic (this is not a slight against you at all - just acknowledging that a Hollywood feature film's costume is made to a higher standard). I prefer the longer cape of the Returns suit, but apart from that all your design choices are superior - the collar is a vast improvement.

Is the cape able to drape over your shoulder a bit, the way Frank Quitely draws it in All Star Superman?

Kelly is THE MAN! he hleped with some parts o f my Robin suit
BatmanRobin.jpg

I dont think he likes the SR suit though lol. But it doesnt hurt to ask lol.

contact him at [email protected]

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
BatmanRobin.jpg

That Batman costume is excellent.:up:

im going tomorrow to get parts for my superman costume for my fan movie, wish me luck

Orlando,

That is an incredibel looking suit. I'm working on one myself, but need help with the emblem and belt. I know you say your not making them, but do you know ANYONE that is??? I really want to get my hands on a set. Any help from anyone would be appreciated and rewarded. ;)

Thanks

i just want to know where i can buy the blue jump suit here in england..can't find anything like it anywhere.

great work by the way.

Orlando Spider said:
returns1.jpg

Nice codpiece. Did you make the boots yourself too? They're better than the movie ones. And for the costume, is it spandex or another material?

I could be mistaken but it doesn't look like lycra/spandex to me. That's the problem with all "spandex" suits... actual Spandex itself sucks, it's an unattractive looking material which no superhero costume should ever be made of. It's just got a horrible sheen.

But if you make a "tights" based costume out of another, high-quality material it can look great. Orlando's costume doesn't look as great as the real Returns or F4 or Spidey suits as far as what it's made of, but it's way better than Dean Cain's shiny lycra.

Most of those KMD costumes suffer from being made of spandex, even though they're incredibly well made. If they were made of another material thay'd look a great deal better. Alex Ross' art suffers from the same thing - most of his heroes actually look like they're wearing cheap lycra, when he could be painting them to have any nice-looking finish he likes.

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
BatmanRobin.jpg

Awsome, is that from your film?

Hey guys, thanks for the kind comments on my suit.

Concerning the Belt and Emblem, to those who have shown interest:
Although I did not make them, the artist that DID has only done these two items, and these two only. Since these were molded he has begun work on a new version of the emblem and belt (as new reference has surfaced since then) and probably will not have any readily available until closer to the premier. As it stands, my belt and emblem are 1 of a kind.

Concerning the body suit material, All materials are lycra (aka, spandex) based materials (cape included). What i do not understand, is that MOST spandex fabrics have two sides, a solid side, and then a rather shiney side... and for some reason, most costumes are made with the shiney side and end up looking like crud, whereas the solid/flat side looks better. I always make my suits with the flat side. So to answer the question, yes it IS a lycra/ spandex blend, but it's just incorporated in a better way.

Concerning the boots:
I got them off of a generic shoe website, they are imported and very cheap... however with some modification and vinyl/ leather spraypaint, (as well as in my case, switching out the soles) you get a good looking/ comfortable/ and durable boot.

And concerning the Codpiece comment...
What Cod piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"