CW Developing Live-Action Powerpuff Girls Series

Hopefully they'll put some money into the actual costumes on the second go round and not this Party City mess.

Hopefully they'll put some money into the actual costumes on the second go round and not this Party City mess.

I mean, I'm not sure how you improve the costumes. That was the costumes from the show.

I'm reading the script and it's cringe.

Mojo Jojo are two different people. Father: Mojo Son: Jojo

Professor Utonium is now 'Drake Utonium' and referenced as just Drake throughout the pilot

Drake is obsessed with keeping the PPGs famous and doesn't allow them to change their looks at the age of 17 compared to what they were at age 7.

Buttercup hates the costumes at age 17 and says its "heteronormativity"

The girls have a grandfather who has different political beliefs than Blossom

Bubbles is essentially Lindsay Lohan

I mean, I'm not sure how you improve the costumes. That was the costumes from the show.

How did they imrove Superman/batman/WW/etc...costumes?

I'm guessing this means recasting. I'm only really interested if Chloe and Dove stay.

They still could add a little more flair and imagination to it though. But this also just goes to show that everything animated doesn't translate well into live action.

Professor Utonium is now 'Drake Utonium' and referenced as just Drake throughout the pilot

Drake is obsessed with keeping the PPGs famous and doesn't allow them to change their looks at the age of 17 compared to what they were at age 7.

Ugh at all of this.

This is so silly. Where did you find the script?

Maybe, but who knows who will rewrite this script.

God I just hope they don't have a mind to do Dexter's Lab next. No Cartoon Network Extended Universe please.

Someone shared a few pages of the script with me. Yikes, I can see why it's being completely redone. It needs a top to bottom rewrite.

Sounds like a fan made parody you’d see on YouTube.

I guess since they already constructed the sets and costumes, they’re not just going to chuck it.

Curious if the writers do a page one rewrite or will it be incorporating some aspects but changing others. Interesting they’re keeping the creative team but basically asking to change everything.

I don't know why they'd keep the same creative team then. Or at least the writers.

I've read bits of it, and...yeah. I thought it might work in a so-bad-it's-good way, but it needs work to even get there, really. It's trying hard to be edgy in the worst possible way.

I just got done reading the script and I was like...
View attachment 46008
Diablo Cody ought to be ashamed of herself and that terrible dialogue. Hollywood needs to start finding creatives who actually care about these franchises.
I read snippets of it on Twitter...woof. I've never been a fan of Cody's writing to begin with. I remember watching Juno way back when and thinking "Nobody talks like this" but admittedly she was at least trying back then. This script just comes off as something a bot wrote after binge watching Powerpuff Girls and reading hate texts from teenagers.

I feel like if you combine forty-something writer who likes stylized, quirky/irreverent writing but doesn't necessarily get the kids these days + being asked to write the equivalent of Riverdale for Powerpuff Girls on The CW, it's not entirely surprising if this is what comes out.

wow, that script is all sorts of bad. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"