Comics Cyberforce/X-Men Crossover (Newest Top Cow/Marvel Crossover)

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
cyberforcexmena.jpg

Xmen_CF_page01.jpg

Xmen_CF_page02_03.jpg

cyberforcexmenb.jpg

Top Cow has provided Newsarama with a preview of November’s Cyberforce/X-Men crossover by Ron Marz, Pat Lee and Rob Hunter.​

The solicitation for the issue reads:

CYBERFORCE/X-MEN
(W) Ron Marz (P) Pat Lee (I) Rob Hunter (C )Dream Engine (Covers) Marc Silvestri, Pat Lee wrap-around cover!

The X-Men and Cyberforce meet head on! While on a trip to Japan, Cyberforce members Ripclaw and Cyblade come face to face with a threat that even their enhanced abilities can't handle: the Sentinels! It's a case of deadly mistaken identity, as Ripclaw and Cyblade's only hope for survival turns out to be the very targets the Sentinels were searching for - Wolverine and Psylocke of the X-Men. Writer Ron Marz and artist Pat Lee, the team who relaunched and reinvigorated Cyberforce, get together for an unforgettable clash of heroes against rampaging robots!
FC, 32pgs $3.99

Well..if you aren't just being sarcastic...Cyberforce is/was a very popular comic from the early to mid 90's started by marc Silvestri of X-Men fame. It was published by Image Comics..a new company started by Silvestri, Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld who were tired of working for the man(men?) marvel and DC and set out to create a brand new creator own company. They produced some mega hits such as WildCATS, Cyberforce, Youngblood and Spawn...as well as Savage Dragon and i believe another was called Black Hawk of Silver hawk..something with Hawk in it....the company folded after 3-4 years and but not before a second culling from marvels top artists, Joe maduera and Carlos Humberto forming Cliffhanger comics under Jim Lee's Wildstorm Imprint...DC eventually swooped in and bought them all out and most of these artists...except for super evil rich genius McFarlane are all happily back working for the man again.

So why in that one image do we have an asian in the classic Psylocke garb, while at the same time, a woman in the back with what looks like a psi-blade. I'm guessing this has nothing to do with Besty/Revanche, so who is the other girl, assuming the front-left one is Psylocke>?

Ripclaw and Cyblade are the members of Cyberforce used in this crossover

all the image comics featuring teams were basically x-men ripoffs...here you have Ripclaw...an OBVIOUS wolverine/sabertooth combo...excepts his claws can change size...and Cyblade...a Psylocke clone...she is not Revanche/Kwannon/English Besty

... they still publish Cyberforce? I thought people stopped giving a crap about them after the 90s were done and over with.

You know, the premise of this crossover seems every bit as stupid as anyone could possibly imagine.

Though it is interesting, that the whole plot revolves around Sentinels mistaking Ripclaw and Cyblade for Wolverine and Psylocke...

Gee, how could anyone ever make that mistake? ;)

And how the hell does a sentinel mistake anyone for anyone? Don't they have programs to identify mutants? Or are these sentinels the ghetto 99 cent store versions that Trask built and threw into storage hoping they'd never get out? :o

"This - unit - apologizes - for - the - mistake - its - coffee - was - replaced - with - decaf - this - morning..."

So... How'd this turn out?

I liked Cyberforce.. Especially Cyberblade. Brigade was also a team I was starting to get into, until they cancelled the book. I think it would be great to get all of the X-Men together with both of these Image Comics teams.

... And I absolutely love the art on that book. Maybe he could replace Bachalo... hehe.

Ive never heard of CyberForce before. What is up with Silvestri's Psylocke? She doesnt look Asian at all

i never read cyberforce but just lookin at the art above, the cyberforce characters are simply a Wolvy and Psylocke rip-offs!

i never read cyberforce but just lookin at the art above, the cyberforce characters are simply a Wolvy and Psylocke rip-offs!

Essentially, yes. Ripclaw was Image's answer to Wolverine. And he was popular for a while, but fell from grace after the team/book tanked... Relatively speaking.

... I just never really understood why Ripclaw had to wear those gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"