Cyberpunk 2077

He doesn't look that bad but I am definetly going to customize him right away like his hair and probably make him a bigger strong dude like his friend Jackie

I am a bit surprised to not see more activity in this sub-forum lately because this is one of the most talked about games at the moment. With just over three months to go to its release there is plenty of content coming through on the internet on top gaming blogs, forums and also from some top youtubers. One excellent blog about Cyberpunk 2077 is psychosquad which offers up-to-date information about the game including latest news, updates and useful guides.

This game has been so long coming and so obsessed over by the media and so over examined that its become tedious. The delays of it when its finished also isn't helping the hype situation.

My hype for this is in standby mode. It'd take a demo to make me hyped right now.

I'll buy on GOG so I can give 100% of my money to them.
Me too. These days I always give preference to GOG. On top of those guys making insane games, there's also preservation of classics and no DRM policy is admirable and worth supporting.

Oh dear that’s not good news. I also saw it coming but I still don’t like it.

controversial opinion but I would rather loosing a feature or two rather than putting people through that

Oh dear that’s not good news. I also saw it coming but I still don’t like it.

controversial opinion but I would rather loosing a feature or two rather than putting people through that
Slightly different opinion. I'd wait another six months.

Last edited:
Shame that even CDPR feel the need to do this. I hope it’s not too horrific for all those employees.

I hope that top part of the tweet is accurate as it wouldn’t be as bad then.

6 weeks of mandatory extra day crunch isn't the end of the world. It's basically 6 extra days on the final push on the game that they were making for 5 years or so already.

It's less crunch than Witcher 3 so it won't be too bad for them I don't think.

6 weeks of mandatory extra day crunch isn't the end of the world. It's basically 6 extra days on the final push on the game that they were making for 5 years or so already.
Yeah, nah. Beyond the fact the fact it shouldn't be happening as it clearly has physical and mental ramifications, the chances this has just properly started or is limited to a certain amount of time are zero.

Yeah, nah. Beyond the fact the fact it shouldn't be happening as it clearly has physical and mental ramifications, the chances this has just properly started or is limited to a certain amount of time are zero.
I'm gonna be honest: I'm fine with it if it's an extraordinary measure and not permanent state of things. I don't know the details, but it's not always outright evil and abuse.

I'm gonna be honest: I'm fine with it if it's an extraordinary measure and not permanent state of things. I don't know the details, but it's not always outright evil and abuse.
It's easy to say you are fine with it, but you aren't being forced to do it, when the issues with are widely known and how it is not advised to be done at all in a quality work environment. Crunch is evil and abusive. That is it's very nature, which is why it is forced by an employer and not voluntary. How else do you describe such a practice?

It's easy to say you are fine with it, but you aren't being forced to do it, when the issues with are widely known and how it is not advised to be done at all in a quality work environment. Crunch is evil and abusive. That is it's very nature, which is why it is forced by an employer and not voluntary. How else do you describe such a practice?
I don't describe it anyhow. Depends on a situation. Sometimes extra effort is well worth it. Sometimes it's not too hard on employees or relatively short. Sometimes it's never-ending nightmare. There's difference between one extra day of work for several weeks and sleeping bags in the office. Either way, I don't know enough about the situation in CDPR and I'm not gonna rely on hearsay or speculation.

There's another side to the situation. CDPR need to learn not to give false promises.

Why is this crunch so often needed?

Why is this crunch so often needed?
To meet deadlines as a result of internal delays.

There must be some bad management that possibly caused overscoping and makes features being cut here and there. The wall climbing/crawling and third-person cutscenes were removed, for examples.

Imagine all the hours/days/weeks/months people working on things just to get cut? All that time and resources wasted... On the coding side, I'm sure there are the usual bad merges and code conflicts. Now stack all of these unforeseen "problems" and you get internal delays.

I do software development, and while I don't do crazy overtime hours, I happen to do crunch time occasionally due to unanticipated issues.

To meet deadlines as a result of internal delays.

There must be some bad management that possibly caused overscoping and makes features being cut here and there. The wall climbing/crawling and third-person cutscenes were removed, for examples.

Imagine all the hours/days/weeks/months people working on things just to get cut? All that time and resources wasted... On the coding side, I'm sure there are the usual bad merges and code conflicts. Now stack all of these unforeseen "problems" and you get internal delays.

I do software development, and while I don't do crazy overtime hours, I happen to do crunch time occasionally due to unanticipated issues.
I see, thanks for that info. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"