Cyberpunk 2077

Will this game be third-person or first-person?

It's very likely. But I'm expecting there might some small element where you have some like scope it'll be like first person only for that. kinda what metal gear and devils third have.

I'm expecting to be mostly third person and an RPG mostly but we'll see when they are ready to fully show it.

I hope the gameplay style is closer to Witcher 3, just with a sci-fi, futuristic cyber-punk setting.

No disrespect to Deus Ex, but I prefer the gameplay style of Witcher 3 and find it a little easier to get into. If they could do that with a cyberpunk game, aces.

I love my option's in deus Ex especially the current series. I'm sure the upcoming one will be better. we'll see what this is like but it will Hve sci-fi and an cool RPG elements with some swat or t.c.C. team elements most likely. But as I said we'll see.

Cyberpunk 2077 : Majority of CD Projekt Red Staff Working in Full Production

Posted Nov 02, 2015

The majority of the CD Projekt Red team has moved on from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to Cyberpunk 2077 according to a new interview at GamesRadar.com.
A decent-sized team still works on Witcher, but the majority of the studio is now focused on full production of Cyberpunk 2077 that was announced in 2012.
Nowakowski noted that Cyberpunk 2077 has been in the works since it was first announced back in 2012, though he did add that it was "very early development." CD Projekt Red hasn't given any hint of a release date for the sci-fi, open-world RPG (it's never even officially said the game's coming to this generation of consoles) but we'll hopefully hear more after Blood and Wine launches in the first quarter of 2016.
Read more at the link above.
Want to know more about CD Projekt Red's game? Check out our Cyberpunk 2077 page.
CP2077.jpg
Permalink | 3 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#ypOYPOS9cevZ4vZZ.99

source: MMORPG.com

More successful than The Witcher 3?

That's a bold statement, can't wait for this game now.

I mean it's possible. The acclaim and reputation is there now for CD Projekt RED, they took home three big awards this year, including Game of the Year and Developer of the Year. There will be a lot of expectations and interest in their next game.

Cyberpunk is a very lucrative genre for gaming as well. So CD Projekt RED going from medieval fantasy to sci-fi cyberpunk should be pretty huge as well.

However, if the game does not do better than Witcher 3, they should be realistic. It should not be deemed a failure. Sometimes I think developers set expectations for new games way too high that are insurmountable to reach.

I just hope they won't get lost in concept and ambition, like Konami and Kojima with MGSV.

Ambition is good when you have a very clear vision of what you want to do. So let's hope they have one for Cyberpunk 2077.

Got another article it's shorter though.

Cyberpunk 2077 : Rumors of a Late 2016 Release Surface

Posted Dec 07, 2015

GameReactor.eu is reporting that sources close to CD Projekt Red are hinting that the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 is targeting a late 2016 release.
In addition, the source indicated that the game will likely be released for PlayStation 4 and XBox One as well. While not officially confirmed, the site is confident in its source.
Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development since 2012.
CP2077.jpg
Permalink | 2 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#hVwEIRLviGH6LJ5B.99

source: MMORPG.com

Hmm. Interesting. I still believe it will be out somewhere around 2018.

Got this via there face book there a video as well but it's atthe game spot site it's self.

GameSpot

2 hrs ·

"[Cyberpunk 2077] is even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary."

Cyberpunk 2077 "Much Greater" in Magnitude Than The Witcher, Dev Says
The game is "even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary," according to CD Projekt Red.

Speaking today during The Witcher developer CD Projekt Red's latest earnings briefing, management discussed upcoming RPGCyberpunk 2077 and did not hold back in their enthusiasm for it. According to DualShockers, studio head Adam Badowski saidThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt raised the bar, meaning Cyberpunk 2077 needs to be "even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary" than what the company originally set out to do.

Badowski said the game is still "a long ways away" from launch, and further stressed that CD Projekt Red still has "a lot of work to do" to make it a "truly outstanding game."

The executive went on to say that Cyberpunk 2077 is a "huge game" that has a magnitude "much greater" than The Witcher series. Overall, CD Projekt Red has "amazingly large ambitions" for this game.

To reach this goal, CD Projekt president Adam Kicinski said the studio plans to at least double its headcount, which currently stands at around 400 people. Not all will work on Cyberpunk 2077, of course, as the team members will be split into four distinct groups, some of which will "penetrate new gaming segments," he said.
Cyberpunk 2077 was first announced in October 2012. There have been conflicting reports about when it will launch. One said the role-playing game, developed with the help of board game designer Mike Pondsmith, is not coming until 2017 at the earliest;another, more recent report claimed the title may launch at the end of 2016. The former appears to be true, as CD Projekt said today in its earnings briefing that the game is scheduled to arrive sometime in the 2017-2021 window.
At the end of 2015, Kicinski alluded to the growing ambition of Cyberpunk 2077 and said it needs to be "even more successful."
"The project is even more ambitious than we first planned (...) we need to create a game that will be even more successful," hesaid on Polish TV station. "We have a long way ahead of us to reach the biggest commercial successes in the world."
At the time, Kicinski went on to say that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a big success with 6 million copies sold against an $81 million budget. The game was a "good investment," according to CD Projekt Red management, but at the same time, The Witcher 3 was not a worldwide chart-topper for the full year.
"Sure, many people consider The Witcher 3 to be the best game in the world [in 2015], but this is not a game that broke any sales record," he explained.
Cyberpunk 2077 puts players into a "dark future" in 2077 where advanced technologies have become "both the salvation and the curse of humanity." The game promises a nonlinear story designed for "mature" players and is set in the metropolis of Night City. It was also revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature sandbox elements, though this has not been specified.
Are you looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077? Let us know in the comments below!

Filed under: Cyberpunk 2077 PlayStation 4 Xbox One PC

L.GAMESPOT.COM

Last edited:
Did a search for this and didn't find anything so I figured I'd make a thread. Why should you care about this game? It's being developed by CD Projekt Red. After the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and it's expansions it's safe to say you'll want to keep an eye on this one.

Based on the pen and paper role-playing game Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the open world metropolis of Night City during the dystopian future of 2077, where unbelievably advanced technologies have become both a gift and a curse on human kind.

2775842-cyberpunk1.jpg

[YT]DvVjkqB3LH0[/YT]

[YT]xYxt7cwDk4E[/YT]

oh no there's a thread for this already my man and it's very6 up to date with their last interviews too. Cyberpunk (
multipage.gif
4 )

Damn, my bad. What subforums is it in?
the same place you put it in it'll be on console and pc when it's done. if you find any new news please put it up. I doubt I'll catch every thing. but I do try and do updates if there are any. but there's always some thing else for some other then me to find.

Yeah, no problem. CDPR's been really hush-hush about this one. They've been working on this and GWENT for a year now, more than that for Cyberpunk.

I just hope they actually embrace the Cyberpunk role-playing system and not just the setting and the lore. The Witcher for as great as it is , lacks an actual role-playing system under the hood. Most of the role playing in the Witcher comes from dialogue that can only be manipulated one way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"