Cyberpunk 2077

Didn't say anything about reviewers not using their own video captures of the game...

Typical corporate "apology". Doesn't address a lot of the wrong doing.

Just a heads up, I got a notice saying my refund has been processed so if you’ve applied for one keep an eye out for that about now too. Will let you know when the money arrives but they did say if they can’t refund onto the card they’ll add it to the psstore

Iwinski didn't say anything we didn't know since December. Not a huge surprise they're focusing on getting past gen version running more or less without issues.

So that E3 demo was fake eh? Shouldn't be a surprise considering marketing/advertising is a big part of the hype machine and fake gameplay and "bullshots" have been part of the industry for many years.

Just a heads up, I got a notice saying my refund has been processed so if you’ve applied for one keep an eye out for that about now too. Will let you know when the money arrives but they did say if they can’t refund onto the card they’ll add it to the psstore
Got my refund few days ago. I know they are swarmed with requests but it shouldn't take a month to receive fake money (I asked for digital wallet credits).

So that E3 demo was fake eh? Shouldn't be a surprise considering marketing/advertising is a big part of the hype machine and fake gameplay and "bullshots" have been part of the industry for many years.
Even in 2018 it was heavily speculated that it's just vertical slice type of presentation. Considering the rumors (that ended up being real) how the actual development started around 2016, no wonder they didn't have much by then and it was specifically crafted to promote the game. They did that before in case of Witcher 3 too. First trailers were really different from what we got in the end. And even later gameplay videos were also bullcrap. But since Witcher 3 ended up a very nice game (one of my favorite of all time) with a mostly smooth release, people just brushed it off. Who cares - the final game is great.

Didn't fly the second time. And it's not really bugs. More and more people notice how shallow it is outside cutscenes. How approach in the last year or so was "just get it working". How so much was abandoned, cut and unused.

Got my refund few days ago. I know they are swarmed with requests but it shouldn't take a month to receive fake money (I asked for digital wallet credits).

yeah mine just officially arrived now, not sure why it took so long but PlayStation is notorious for being stingy with refunds

yeah mine just officially arrived now, not sure why it took so long but PlayStation is notorious for being stingy with refunds
Same for me as well, I was worried it hadn't gone through because it took so long.

Cyberpunk was a disappointment. The hype was not warranted. The gameplay isn’t anything special as far as I am concerned, and the map is empty. I get it’s an RPG at heart but I found myself skipping a lot of the dialogue.

Seeing all the stuff come out about CDPR is pretty damn sad, especially as someone who loved the game for what it is. They really did lie and deceive their audience, and i gotta say, as a fan, it's still hilarious to me to see those who **** on Bethesda and other companies the past few years trying to somehow defend or hold back on their CDPR criticisms. And before someone brings up Fallout 76 and all the controversy, just know that it wasn't a traditional BGS game. Besides, at least Bethesda doesn't reveal their games too early, and then create fake footage at E3. They've kept Starfield close to the chest for reasons such as this. They want to make sure the game is ready when they finally show it, and I personally can't wait.

Anyway, I love CDPR and I loved The Witcher 3, but they are just another gaming company and I'm very happy to see people realize they aren't above anybody else.

So is this Colonial Marines level of bad? I remember being so excited for that game then it dropped and read the reviews.

I'm also playing TW3 so my roommates can see why I love the story so much and its hard to believe the fall from grace they're having while playing this game.

I watched Crowbcat's compilation video of this entire disaster, and let me just say...I am so sorry for everyone who was legit hyped for this game. It wasn't on my radar and even I feel so pissed off at the deception and incompetence.

I was hoping it would be the best game to date. The Witcher 3 was a great benchmark and I thought they could build on the skills used there to build something just as good in a futuristic environment.

Didn't say anything about reviewers not using their own video captures of the game...

Typical corporate "apology". Doesn't address a lot of the wrong doing.
CDP are being sued because of this game, and probably need to be careful with their apologies. If they come out and apologize for some things it could be taken as admission of guilt.

So is this Colonial Marines level of bad? I remember being so excited for that game then it dropped and read the reviews.

I'm also playing TW3 so my roommates can see why I love the story so much and its hard to believe the fall from grace they're having while playing this game.

The game, if you can get it running, is definitely a better game than Colonial Marines. There was still a comparable amount of bait and switch, however. Also doesn't appear to have done the same kind of corporate deception Gearbox did.

After finishing the game on PC, I feel my only major issue with it (if we don't count promises) is quests feel more linear than in any other CDPR game. There are very few quests that legit engage with branching or lasting consequences. You sort of get interesting (and sometimes absolutely amazing) stories, but you rarely feel the effect of your decisions. Everything else didn't bother me that much. At least, no more than in Witcher 1-3.

The game is bloody stunning, though. I wish CDPR just keeps beefing it up with fixes and more content. I don't want leave the damn place.

Wow...

So, after nearly 90 hours of spending time in "Night City", I finally completed my journey. Not to sound over-dramatic but, holy hell, it leaves such an empty feeling. I'm sad that I chose "The Devil" ending for my "V". I spent so much time building up my relationships with people that, when the time finally came for them to help me, after all I had done for them, I pulled "the Spider-Man" and chose to go at it alone.

While I'm glad this resulted in things falling onto my shoulders/no casualties occurring for my sake...it really was just so sad. (Though I loved that the slow cover of "Never Fade Away" is the song that plays in this finale, as well as, the horror elements.)

This game was honestly incredible. I don't know if I've played anything this extensive/spent this amount of time with video game characters. I was never one to play games like "The Witcher" or Grand Theft Auto so, when the credits rolled for this game, there was definitely this emptiness. I now understand what gamers mean when completing games they've invested countless of hours into. Usually I play linear, story driven, narratives. This though, this was an awesome change of pace. The decisions really make you wonder, while subjective, did I do the right thing?

I echo everyone's sentiments here. What CDProjektRed had on their hands...this should've been praised/a game for the ages. While it's not your typical run and gun action adventure, if you don't mind slow pacing, there is a phenomenal story here. You really get to know these characters through the dialogue options and I'm floored how well they're written/resonated with me.

The entire main cast of characters are scene stealers and given so many layers that make them feel authentic. I think I'm going to do a second play-through option as a female V and maybe lean "tech heavy" this go around.

All in all, while I had no skin in this game until a few days before launch, this is one of the best games I've ever played. (And that's saying something considering it being unfinished/having certain things I need to overlook.) I really wish CDProjektRed could've stuck to their guns and delayed the game until it was absolutely ready. Maybe they'll be the latest story of redemption ala "No Man's Sky"?

What was everyone else' thoughts on this game? What ending did you get? Which ending do you prefer/think was the best option?

I'm really excited by the prospect of multiplayer/future DLC. As Boose said, I don't want to leave Night City but, unfortunately, I completed everything. (Aside from purchasing the cars.) I may try to platinum this game.

CDPR is the new target of a ransomware attack.

Heard about that earlier. I'm glad they're not giving in to it.

Finally just started playing this game. While there are glitches it is not as bad as some are making it out to be and the story so far has been great. Just a lot of side quest from the jump but if you played The Witcher III you'll be use to it as long as you don't lose yourself in the side quest and for the main story like I did with the Witcher :(. However the game is alright but would've been much better if it was VR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"