Cyborg Needs AntiMalware

Bob Galt

Bored
Reaction score
Ever since Cyborg became a big feature of Justice League in the New 52, I have seen multiple occasions where he's been hacked into, taken over, etc. It happened in the movies, too. I know, he's a cyborg, and he has computers in him. But they're supposed to be hypertech from a singular multiversal omniplanet created by the greatest and most ancient cosmic beings in any reboot, ie Apokolips.

Why is every half-wit with a slide-rule able to take him over? I feel like it's just a lazy plot device to either 1) neutralize his technopathy, which should be able to crush anything short of Brainiac; or 2) just because the authors often have no practical use for Cyborg, so they have him get taken over.

It's similar to the Superman problem in Justice League: he's either better at almost everything everyone else does, or he is completely useless, and the writers tend to do a rather poor job at managing him in JL (even back in the 70s, Superman was jobbing for plot induced reasons).

Ever since Cyborg became a big feature of Justice League in the New 52, I have seen multiple occasions where he's been hacked into, taken over, etc. It happened in the movies, too. I know, he's a cyborg, and he has computers in him. But they're supposed to be hypertech from a singular multiversal omniplanet created by the greatest and most ancient cosmic beings in any reboot, ie Apokolips.

Why is every half-wit with a slide-rule able to take him over? I feel like it's just a lazy plot device to either 1) neutralize his technopathy, which should be able to crush anything short of Brainiac; or 2) just because the authors often have no practical use for Cyborg, so they have him get taken over.

It's similar to the Superman problem in Justice League: he's either better at almost everything everyone else does, or he is completely useless, and the writers tend to do a rather poor job at managing him in JL (even back in the 70s, Superman was jobbing for plot induced reasons).

I think it was the height of disrespect for Cyborg that Batman can hack into his systems... whatever that means. That should be impossible for several reasons
- Cyborg isnt a desktop computer, what did he "hack"
- Cyborg has no interface or operating system
- He literally has technopathic control over his own body, it should be impossible

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"