Cyborg Needs AntiMalware

Bob Galt

Bored
Reaction score
Ever since Cyborg became a big feature of Justice League in the New 52, I have seen multiple occasions where he's been hacked into, taken over, etc. It happened in the movies, too. I know, he's a cyborg, and he has computers in him. But they're supposed to be hypertech from a singular multiversal omniplanet created by the greatest and most ancient cosmic beings in any reboot, ie Apokolips.

Why is every half-wit with a slide-rule able to take him over? I feel like it's just a lazy plot device to either 1) neutralize his technopathy, which should be able to crush anything short of Brainiac; or 2) just because the authors often have no practical use for Cyborg, so they have him get taken over.

It's similar to the Superman problem in Justice League: he's either better at almost everything everyone else does, or he is completely useless, and the writers tend to do a rather poor job at managing him in JL (even back in the 70s, Superman was jobbing for plot induced reasons).

Ever since Cyborg became a big feature of Justice League in the New 52, I have seen multiple occasions where he's been hacked into, taken over, etc. It happened in the movies, too. I know, he's a cyborg, and he has computers in him. But they're supposed to be hypertech from a singular multiversal omniplanet created by the greatest and most ancient cosmic beings in any reboot, ie Apokolips.

Why is every half-wit with a slide-rule able to take him over? I feel like it's just a lazy plot device to either 1) neutralize his technopathy, which should be able to crush anything short of Brainiac; or 2) just because the authors often have no practical use for Cyborg, so they have him get taken over.

It's similar to the Superman problem in Justice League: he's either better at almost everything everyone else does, or he is completely useless, and the writers tend to do a rather poor job at managing him in JL (even back in the 70s, Superman was jobbing for plot induced reasons).

I think it was the height of disrespect for Cyborg that Batman can hack into his systems... whatever that means. That should be impossible for several reasons
- Cyborg isnt a desktop computer, what did he "hack"
- Cyborg has no interface or operating system
- He literally has technopathic control over his own body, it should be impossible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"