Daniel Day Lewis for Sinestro

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sinestrosciver.png

gangs4.jpg

Dude is like one of the most talented actors of our time and he just won a SAG award! If anyone could bring the Alien Despot sinestro to life on the big screen with the right amount of sinister charm and passion it would be this guy! :woot:

sinestro.jpg
22.jpeg

Like that would ever happen...

He's one of the greatest actors i've ever seen

Yet he does not surrender himself to doing many movies at all.

He turned down Lord of the Rings and i think he's only made like 15 movies in the last 20 years.

Would he be a great Sinestro? I'm sure, the guy can make a movie great if the supporting cast is a bunch of paper bags.

But i highly doubt it's a role he'd accept.

Marvel went after him for NAMOR once. It would be cool to see him as Sinestro, but it's unlikely.

Obviously he'd do great and would be a fantastic choice.

But even more obviously he'd never do it.

If he did agree to the role, something that isn't impossible you never know,
He would take to the role with such ferocity and as intense as Heath took the role of the Joker,
that it would be one of the best comic book super villians portrayed in movies.
It could agree to do it if he liked the script, if the quality of the script was up there like Dark Knight or other DC films. Something where it was taken seriously.
Superhero roles seem like something every actor is considering now anyway, even Denzel Washington. So why not Daniel Day Lewis too.
But he probably wouldn't.

how do we know he wouldn't do it?

i ask you to show me where it says he wouldn't do a movie like this.

how do we know he wouldn't do it?

i ask you to show me where it says he wouldn't do a movie like this.

It is extremely unlikely that he would take on a role like this, just take a look at his filmography. Sure it could happen, but it´s just extremely unlikely.

It is extremely unlikely that he would take on a role like this, just take a look at his filmography. Sure it could happen, but it´s just extremely unlikely.
look at Jack Nicholson, would you have thought that he would play the joker in batman after seeing the movies that he had done in his past, or marlon brando as jor el in superman? big names and well respected actors will do superhero movies when there is a good script.

the point in brando's career he did superman he didnt care and was selling out... jack nicholson loves playing insane, why wouldnt he play the joker... DDL is a nice thought for sinestro, but its a pipedream...

look at Jack Nicholson, would you have thought that he would play the joker in batman after seeing the movies that he had done in his past, or marlon brando as jor el in superman? big names and well respected actors will do superhero movies when there is a good script.

Until someone like DDL actually says no, I think there's always some hope. I think that he'd be absolutely perfect for the role. And if they wrote the script with a great story and spectacular lines maybe they'd catch him on one of his good days and he'd say "Hell, why not!" I mean you don't know until you try. :csad:

the point in brando's career he did superman he didnt care and was selling out... jack nicholson loves playing insane, why wouldnt he play the joker... DDL is a nice thought for sinestro, but its a pipedream...
that doesn't give a reason why Daniel Day Lewis wouldn't do a GL movie. what about Liam Neeson in Batman Begins and Willem Dafoe in Spider-Man both heavy dramatic actors that did superhero movies.

wow, thats actually a really good suggestion. whether or not he'd take it is another matter, but it'd be incredible if he did.

i always thought john cazale woulda been great....but you know, he's dead and all now.
18660527.jpg

DDL would have been an AMAZING Bruce Wayne/Batman he would have killed that role imo, absolutly killed it.

He doesn't do epic fantasies. A Green Lantern movie is just too far removed from reality for him to consider when you see what films he usually does.

He's one of the greatest actors i've ever seen

Yet he does not surrender himself to doing many movies at all.

He turned down Lord of the Rings and i think he's only made like 15 movies in the last 20 years.

Would he be a great Sinestro? I'm sure, the guy can make a movie great if the supporting cast is a bunch of paper bags.

But i highly doubt it's a role he'd accept.

Who was he "supposed" to be in LotR?

I think that if a savvy producer presented the material to him from an actor perspective he would see the depth and extraordinary fiber of the character. I think most of all he'd just want to know that the character was complex and deep and once shown that he'd might actually jump at the chance to play the fallen hero/despot. Sinestro is a wonderfully complex villain and DDL might just find something he likes in him.

I mean, he played the butcher in Gangs of New York and I didn't think that movie was ALL that. Sinestro is waaaaaaay cooler.

Sinestrosciver.png

gangs4.jpg

Dude is like one of the most talented actors of our time and he just won a SAG award! If anyone could bring the Alien Despot sinestro to life on the big screen with the right amount of sinister charm and passion it would be this guy! :woot:

sinestro.jpg
22.jpeg

Sorry, but he only does semi-independent 'prestige' projects like his current movie-he'd never play anyone like Sinestro in a movie like Green Lantern-it runs against his artistic grain. In fact, word has it that he doesn't do that many movies at all because of said artistic grain. So that idea is out.

My casting choices:

Lani John Tupu (Bilar Crais on Farscape)

Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed on Enterprise)

Michael Wincott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"