Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell yes, Jen Walters appearing would be great.

As I'm sure many people know, Angie Harmon has been very vocal about her love of She-Hulk and her desire to play the character. I'm just throwing this out there since you guys are mentioning a Walters appearance.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05...s-to-be-she-hulk-dan-slott-offers-assistance/

A few things, though:
1. I know that self promotion does not equal interest or attention from Marvel. (then again: Vin Deisel).
2. Harmon is busy with Rizzoli & Isles (but she wouldn't have a huge role on DD, I assume. More like one or two appearances as a rival lawyer).
3. EVEN IF they used Walters, it is still unlikely that they would use She-Hulk. (unless she gets her own Netflix series in "Wave 2")

Those art photos are all for the show?,I'm impressed and pretty excited

I don't think there's any art for the show yet. None of the stuff on the previous page was for the show. Sorry if you got your hopes up!

I can't wait until we start getting stuff, though. People are going to go bonkers!

What level of content would you want to see from this show? Should it be PG-13 or R?

It is probably going to be pg-13; I doubt Marvel would authorize a tv-ma Daredevil. If they do, I will eat my tee shirt.

I doubt each episode will feel like a mini movie, because I doubt each episode will be self-contained. The overall season might feel like a "maxi-movie", though.

I never said it had to be self contained. I just don't want DD to look like its on a budget and that we're getting some inferior, watered down version. I want it to look as good as any Marvel movie or One Shot, and not like AOS. Agent Carter's cinematography looks better than AOS and consistent with CA: TFA.

What level of content would you want to see from this show? Should it be PG-13 or R?

It has to be R, it wouldn't make sense otherwise for Netflix to snatch it up, I'm not saying all of Netflix's series are R level but for them to do this and have restrictions from Marvel to keep it Pg-13, that would be lame.

I never said it had to be self contained. I just don't want DD to look like its on a budget and that we're getting some inferior, watered down version. I want it to look as good as any Marvel movie or One Shot, and not like AOS. Agent Carter's cinematography looks better than AOS and consistent with CA: TFA.

It's a shame ABC is going to ruin Carter like they did Coulson. :csad:

The One Shot looked fantastic. Just like CA:TFA. I don't see the series looking like that though.

It is probably going to be pg-13; I doubt Marvel would authorize a tv-ma Daredevil. If they do, I will eat my tee shirt.
Everything they've said suggests it will be TV-M type show. They said it's for the hardcore fans, that it will be "gritty" in the Hell's Kitchen setting, and I believe the reason they put it on Netflix in the first place is because they're not constrained to make it family friendly.

I see you're scared of being continually put on blast in the Agents of SHIELD section so you bash the show everyone else. lol what a wuss.

I hope Gordon Ramsay makes an appearance in this show while DD visits Hell's Kitchen. :p

I hope Gordon Ramsay makes an appearance in this show while DD visits Hell's Kitchen. :p

"This criminal is raw! God damnit DD he is supposed to be well-done you bloody idiot!"

DD's hips might be raw if he has another tight leather costume again!

Well from what I heard Sony owns it which is shocking because I thought Kingpin was DD`s number one villain! maybe Sony will let Marvel borrow Kingpin for DD as long Marvel don't reveal Kingpin`s history with SM and Sony don't reveal Kingpin`s history with DD.

I would be shocked if Marvel didn't already have a deal with Sony on this matter, assuming they didn't inherit Fox's ability to use Kingpin when the rights reverted. He's just so central to Daredevil's mythos that I can't imagine Marvel doing anything with Matt if they couldn't use Fisk.

I agree a DD series without Kingpin is unthinkable

I see you're scared of being continually put on blast in the Agents of SHIELD section so you bash the show everyone else. lol what a wuss.

I bash the show quite frequently within the AoS section, especially when they treated us to their big reveal of inexcusably boring Deathlok but being as the show consistently takes breaks I'm not that interested in sticking around watching the AoS fanboy circle jerk.

Hopefully Tuesday's episode will be another improvement but what they've shown hasn't been that good. What I enjoy is that outside the AoS section most people agree the show isn't good.

Does anybody kinda wish they would go with a slightly lighter tone? Don't get me wrong, I love the Miller and Bendis runs of the character as they both helped cement Daredevil as one of my top favorite superheroes ever, but Waid's run is amazing as well. It's honestly probably my favorite, er, tied with Millers to be completely honest.

When it gets down to it, if its done well I wont care if it's dark and gritty or lighter and more positive. I'm just a little annoyed at the trend of everything (not just comic book related) needing to be dark. It's been going on forever. I forget how fun it is to read lighter stuff until I read it. But like I said, give a me a good show and it can be as light or dark as it wants.

AoS is far from great, but I still somewhat enjoy it and think it slightly works for what it is. These Netflix shows needs to be way better in almost every department to work though, especially in production value and cinematography.

Imagining a Daredevil show looking like AoS makes me cringe, it wouldn't work on any level.

AoS is far from great, but I still somewhat enjoy it and think it slightly works for what it is. These Netflix shows needs to be way better in almost every department to work though, especially in production value and cinematography.

Imagining a Daredevil show looking like AoS makes me cringe, it wouldn't work on any level.

DD would have to be more like Arrow in tone and look I think. I want it similar to Law and Order as well. Definitely don't want it to look like AOS.

Does anybody kinda wish they would go with a slightly lighter tone? Don't get me wrong, I love the Miller and Bendis runs of the character as they both helped cement Daredevil as one of my top favorite superheroes ever, but Waid's run is amazing as well. It's honestly probably my favorite, er, tied with Millers to be completely honest.

When it gets down to it, if its done well I wont care if it's dark and gritty or lighter and more positive. I'm just a little annoyed at the trend of everything (not just comic book related) needing to be dark. It's been going on forever. I forget how fun it is to read lighter stuff until I read it. But like I said, give a me a good show and it can be as light or dark as it wants.

All I wish for is a great show.
I also love the Waid run, will definitely get the omnibus when it comes to print but as others have mentioned a lot of the awesome things in that run wouldn't work on a series budget and some of the main characters are tied up with other movie companies (Spot=Sony Mole Man=Fox).

But if Sony doesn't allow Kingpin to be loaned to the show then we don't have the glue that held the Miller run together so they might have to go for the lighter approach anyways.

All I wanna know is where we get a guest appearance from ScarJo as Black Widow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"