Dark Matter

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Sony Pre-empts Blake Crouch Novel ‘Dark Matter’ For $1.25 Million

by Mike Fleming Jr
November 11, 2014 8:08pm

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is deep in negotiations to make a pre-emptive $1.25 million deal for Dark Matter, a novel by Blake Crouch that is based on a 150-page partial manuscript. I’m hearing that Matt Tolmach will produce this and that Sony president Michael De Luca oversaw the deal with exec Rachel O’Connor. The book’s described to me as a high-concept sci-fi thriller in the vein of Memento and Looper. The author will write the script when he completes the book. His Wayward Pines sold to Fox for a 10-part TV series in 2015 that will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan and star Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino, Terrence Howard and Toby Jones. The book deal was brokered by Angela Cheng Caplan for lit agent David Hale Smith. It’s a hot book; the publishing rights for North America sold last Friday to Crown for more than $1 million. Stay tuned, I will tell you more tomorrow when I know it.

{EXCLUSIVE HEAT METER} “WAYWARD PINES” AUTHOR BLAKE CROUCH HITS THE MARKET WITH “DARK MATTER”
Sammy Mink said:
A hot new manuscript from “Wayward Pines” writer Blake Crouch is on the market and making some noise! The twisty sci-fi book, titled DARK MATTER, centers on a physics professor who is forced into an alternate reality where he suddenly realizes that the world he’s come to know is completely wrong. Angela Cheng Caplan of the Cheng Caplan Company is out with the project, which we’re hearing already has offers in from early weekend slips. David Hale Smith at Inkwell Management represents Crouch on the lit side of things.

Crouch has made a name for himself with fans of suspense novels, having published over twenty novels, many of which have gone on to be bestsellers. Crouch’s bestselling book trilogy, Wayward Pines, is set to debut in 2015 on Fox as a 10-episode series starring Melissa Leo, Terrence Howard, and Matt Dillon. The series is being produced and partially directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Crouch and Pines showrunner Chad Hodge also recently sold another of his novels, Abandon, to USA Network with Steven Spielgberg’s Amblin Television on board to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"