Dark Phoenix Dark Phoenix Deleted Scenes thread *Spoilers*

I mean obviously by now we know Fox doesnt know what to do with these characters and they obviously made it hard for Kinberg with all their changes and demands but at the end of the day if more experienced people and talented writers were involved they could have coped better.

I think that is why he is accepting part of the blame. In the podcast he does say that he has worked on films with a production issues that turned out fine in the end.

Disagree. I thought Sophie, James, Michael, and Nicolas were all good. JLaw phoned it in but she was not nearly as bad as she was in Apocalypse.

Everyone else’s performances were “meh”.
Nicholas Hoult was terrible and has no character to speak of as Beast or Hank McCoy. Way too bland. No charm. No attitude.

Nicholas Hoult was terrible and has no character to speak of as Beast or Hank McCoy. Way too bland. No charm. No attitude.

I agree with this, though I wouldn’t say “terrible.” Tommy Wiseau is terrible. Hoult is “blah” and that’s worse because it’s not at all entertaining. Not even in a bad way!

Hoult was great as Beast. His performance was stronger on DP than the other movies, and his make-up looked terrific. I love the cinematic Beast.

Well, if you’re hoping for an extended OR alternate cut, sadly there’s been no movement behind the scenes for it. Home release extras and deleted scenes were completed months ago.... and there is no “extended” cut, just the theatrical release and scenes deleted from it. Everything has been packed away in Fox’s vault. Or so I’m told :cwink:doesn’t mean there won’t be one, but in the near future, doubt it :(

Well, if you’re hoping for an extended OR alternate cut, sadly there’s been no movement behind the scenes for it. Home release extras and deleted scenes were completed months ago.... and there is no “extended” cut, just the theatrical release and scenes deleted from it. Everything has been packed away in Fox’s vault. Or so I’m told :cwink:doesn’t mean there won’t be one, but in the near future, doubt it :(

If this is true I hope Kinberg or whoever can convince Disney to release the version Icekid and Alessia saw. Where did you hear this from, btw?

I’m sure the original cut (with the reshoots) was better, too, but how much better could it really have been? Even if it were somehow perfectly edited, I highly doubt it could’ve been anything more than just “good.” But, hey, “good” would certainly be better than what we got. :o

I’m sure the original cut (with the reshoots) was better, too, but how much better could it really have been? Even if it were somehow perfectly edited, I highly doubt it could’ve been anything more than just “good.” But, hey, “good” would certainly be better than what we got. :o
Like I said in another thread, I think that there are somethings that can't be fixed. Once again Mystique is leading the X-Men when should have been Cyclops. They didn't wear the new outfits teased in the end of X-Men Apocalypse. In the entire movie they only used the word "Phoenix" only one time. And it was just Cyclops telling Jean the kids are calling her Phoenix. Is like Simon is afraid of embracing the comics.

The original cut could have been worse. Specially because wouldn't have the train scene which basically saved the movie.

Well, 30 minutes of footage can make a huge difference on a movie, and speaking of the ending, the concept artist of the movie released artwork of the ending on his facebook and said he will be releasing more:

This would have been amazing. They really ruined the movie. I can't try to defend this movie anymore. Everyone I know and go to the theater to see movies in general is saying that they hated Dark Phoenix.

I'm such a fan of the X-Men movies and I have to confess that I loved X-Men Apocalypse way better than Dark Phoenix. I hated how Apocalypse was in that movie and felt that the actor chosen was a bad choice for the role but overall X-Men Apocalypse have better scenes. Even better action scenes then Dark Phoenix.

Dark Phoenix have 6 action scenes total.

1. Space mission.
2. Jean vs the X-Men at her house.
3. Jean vs Magneto at his island to see who can control the chopper.
4. X-Men vs The Brothehood on the streets of New York
5. The train scene.
6. After the train when Jean defeats literally only 6 aliens.

That's pretty much it.

X-Men Apocalypse

1. First scene with Apocalypse Horsemen fighting to protect Apocalypse
2. Angel vs Nightcrawler
3. Magneto killing the soldiers
4. Apocalypse and his Horsemen kidnapping Xavier
5. Mansion getting destroyed
6. Jean, Kurt and Cyclops rescuing the X-Men.
7. Wolverine escaping.
8. X-Men vs Horsemen. Cyclops vs Storm, Beast vs Psylocke, Nightcrawler vs Angel
9. Final battle with Jean having a glimpse of the Phoenix

I mean, X-Men Apocalypse have better scenes then Dark Phoenix.

But Dark Phoenix is the first X-Men movie that really shows the best use of Jean telekinesis and telepathy. I loved how she flew more than once and made TK shields and throw people with her TK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"