Dark Phoenix Deleted Scenes thread *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by eledoremassis02, Jun 7, 2019.

1. TheNewSlayer

TheNewSlayer Registered

You're wrong. The released version on theater is the Studio version. The Director had to made several changes in the movie because demands of the Studio.

2. icekid

icekid Registered

But I’m not.. he himself told me that he liked the reshot version better, he wanted to resolve a few lingering plot lines particularly with Beast and Magneto. He did want to reshoot with them at the UN but when that proved impossible he wrote the train sequence.

You realize I can’t be wrong about these things because I’m the one that all of this information is coming from, and that is coming directly from Simon and his team, right? I’ve known this all for months, I’m just finally talking about it since my NDA is up.

Confusion and TWayneP like this.
  3. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Registered

Well, Kinberg’s film wasn’t highjacked from him.

Confusion and icekid like this.
  4. TWayneP

TWayneP Registered

lol.

Confusion likes this.
  5. Justice4#Rouge

Justice4#Rouge Registered

@icekid Were the effects for the UN sequence quite far along before the axe fell on it?? Did they finish the effects expecting to add to the sequence?? They actually look really good, judging by the leaked trailer :up:

#80 Justice4#Rouge, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Registered

Curious to see what deleted scenes will surface for the home release. This UN set sounds insane and it didn't make the film. Crazy.

Trollol

#TheKinbergCut is a cut even Kinberg didn't like

Confusion and psylockolussus like this.
  7. Marc122

Marc122 Registered

Is Chastain going to be Lilandra in the UN cut?

8. Nintendo

Nintendo Man Thing

Can anyone point me to this leaked trailer that supposedly showed part of the UN set piece? I don't remember that

9. icekid

icekid Registered

They were far enough along. They were almost completed by April which in May the reshoots were decided on. Score and editing were complete and that bad test screening happened in February. It’s safe to say there’s enough there for a release.
    She was both a Lilandra and they tested nameless. Not sure if Shiar was name dropped on either.
    Check your PM

10. Krystal

Krystal Registered

Personally I would like to see an Extended Cut of the current version instead of the "UN version."
    Obviousl. I'd love to see two alternate extended versions, but if I had to see one I would choose an extended cut of the current version. But of course we'll be lucky to get one alternate cut. I actually loved the reshoot version finale but felt the movie needed more room to breathe in the first two Acts.
    any information, ideas or guesses on how much deleted material we will get on the discs?

11. eledoremassis02

eledoremassis02 Registered

Id even be ok with everything being in deleted scenes cause we'll pretty surly get fan cuts which can be really fun

12. icekid

icekid Registered

Check the spoiler thread. It’s all covered in I’d say the last 5ish pages.

Krystal likes this.
  13. TheNewSlayer

TheNewSlayer Registered

An Extended version of the current version is more likely than an Director version of the movie with the ending in Space. I wouldn't mind have both. Deadpool 2 got the theatrical version, the extended version and the PG13 Version. 3 versions of the same movie.

14. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Registered

Deadpool 2 wasn't trash and made some money though. I'm not sure Fox/Disney would invest any extra money in a deluxe home release for Dark Phoenix. They've spent way too much on it already.

Confusion likes this.
  15. Matt.S99

Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

Can you send it to me as well, please!

16. The Original Bamfer

The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

I just want an extended cut of the version we got since I think its editing was one of the big reasons it failed for me.

Matt.S99 likes this.
  17. SumT

SumT Registered

did Kinberg actually film anything with Erik and Quicksilver?
    or he completely ignored the previous two movies and their relationship?

and did Dazzler have at least 1 line of dialogue with any x-man?

18. TheNewSlayer

TheNewSlayer Registered

1. Magneto and Quicksilver never meet in this movie. So, is not like they ignored their relationship, is just that they don't meet in this movie.

2. Dazzler was singing. So no time to talk since her performance was interrupted by Dark Phoenix.

19. TheNewSlayer

TheNewSlayer Registered

It was Disney fault. Reports says that this movie was supposed to be 30 minutes longer. But they demanded Kingberg to cut 30 minutes of the movie.

20. icekid

icekid Registered

No, nothing, completely ignored. There wasn’t a way to write the two together with both of their schedules.

I don’t think so, not in anything that I saw at least. I think Kinberg mentioned another Dazzler scene cut but I’ve never heard of it. Might have been during the scrapped sequence with everyone teaching and doing things around the school when they get the call to suit up, but I’m guessing at this point.

21. kguillou

kguillou Registered

Count me in for wanting to see a longer version of this movie. Act II was PAINFULLY short. 15-20 min breathing space I think would’ve added a lot of weight to this film. I hope they just put it out on home video, unlike the Snyder cut there is literally nothing to lose by releasing it...ASSUMING the cut is already ready to go and completed already.

22. Krystal

Krystal Registered

Why would scenes that were cut be completed with FX? I never see deleted scenes from science fiction and super hero movies that are a hundred percent complete. They always seem to be in some stage of completion, but never usually completely finished.
    They aren't going to spend a penny to complete any special effects.
    I get that the scrap United Nation sequence was nearly complete but that's because it was the main battle of the Final Act and they had to to work on that to make the original release date. But random extended scenes from earlier parts of the movie are not going to be complete I don't think.

23. The Original Bamfer

The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

They are if the extended scenes already had completed VFX prior to being edited down. And i think that’s a huge possibility considering the final cut reeked of being hacked to death at the last minute.

Krystal likes this.
  24. Krystal

Krystal Registered

I hope you're right I would buy that in a second.

25. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Registered

It happens even with critical and financial failures such as Alexander and Blade Trinity.

Fox even put out extended versions of Alien 3 and Alien vs Predator: Requiem.

#100 Hand Banana, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019