Dark Phoenix Dark Phoenix Deleted Scenes thread *Spoilers*

But the released version is the director version... his own words, paraphrased as they are, were “it tested badly and then someone leaked the whole thing on reddit. To be honest, they were right, it was long and empty and there was a lot of conflict left unresolved”.

Then he proceeded to tell my why it wasn’t empty and that’s who the two parter conversations came about.
You're wrong. The released version on theater is the Studio version. The Director had to made several changes in the movie because demands of the Studio.

You're wrong. The released version on theater is the Studio version. The Director had to made several changes in the movie because demands of the Studio.

But I’m not.. he himself told me that he liked the reshot version better, he wanted to resolve a few lingering plot lines particularly with Beast and Magneto. He did want to reshoot with them at the UN but when that proved impossible he wrote the train sequence.

You realize I can’t be wrong about these things because I’m the one that all of this information is coming from, and that is coming directly from Simon and his team, right? I’ve known this all for months, I’m just finally talking about it since my NDA is up.

No they would release the alternate cut, unfinished as it is, since it had score and editing completed. Phoenix effects were completed as well, just some slight texturing was incomplete for the ships and the aliens in some shots. It may come out as an exclusive for the series set which I think will exclude the Deadpool films.

@icekid Were the effects for the UN sequence quite far along before the axe fell on it?? Did they finish the effects expecting to add to the sequence?? They actually look really good, judging by the leaked trailer :up:

Last edited:
Curious to see what deleted scenes will surface for the home release. This UN set sounds insane and it didn't make the film. Crazy.

Trollol

#TheKinbergCut is a cut even Kinberg didn't like

I haven’t heard a chance of an extended version but I’m hearing rumblings of a UN cut however it won’t have completed effects. The effects were around 90% completed anyway.
Is Chastain going to be Lilandra in the UN cut?

Can anyone point me to this leaked trailer that supposedly showed part of the UN set piece? I don't remember that

@icekid Were the effects for the UN sequence quite far along before the axe fell on it?? Did they finish the effects expecting to add to the sequence?? They actually look really good, judging by the leaked trailer :up:
They were far enough along. They were almost completed by April which in May the reshoots were decided on. Score and editing were complete and that bad test screening happened in February. It’s safe to say there’s enough there for a release.
Is Chastain going to be Lilandra in the UN cut?
She was both a Lilandra and they tested nameless. Not sure if Shiar was name dropped on either.
Can anyone point me to this leaked trailer that supposedly showed part of the UN set piece? I don't remember that
Check your PM

Personally I would like to see an Extended Cut of the current version instead of the "UN version."
Obviousl. I'd love to see two alternate extended versions, but if I had to see one I would choose an extended cut of the current version. But of course we'll be lucky to get one alternate cut. I actually loved the reshoot version finale but felt the movie needed more room to breathe in the first two Acts.
any information, ideas or guesses on how much deleted material we will get on the discs?

Personally I would like to see an Extended Cut of the current version instead of the "UN version."
Obviousl. I'd love to see two alternate extended versions, but if I had to see one I would choose an extended cut of the current version. But of course we'll be lucky to get one alternate cut. I actually loved the reshoot version finale but felt the movie needed more room to breathe in the first two Acts.
any information, ideas or guesses on how much deleted material we will get on the discs?
Id even be ok with everything being in deleted scenes cause we'll pretty surly get fan cuts which can be really fun

Check the spoiler thread. It’s all covered in I’d say the last 5ish pages.

An Extended version of the current version is more likely than an Director version of the movie with the ending in Space. I wouldn't mind have both. Deadpool 2 got the theatrical version, the extended version and the PG13 Version. 3 versions of the same movie.

Deadpool 2 wasn't trash and made some money though. I'm not sure Fox/Disney would invest any extra money in a deluxe home release for Dark Phoenix. They've spent way too much on it already.

They were far enough along. They were almost completed by April which in May the reshoots were decided on. Score and editing were complete and that bad test screening happened in February. It’s safe to say there’s enough there for a release.

She was both a Lilandra and they tested nameless. Not sure if Shiar was name dropped on either.

Check your PM
Can you send it to me as well, please!

I just want an extended cut of the version we got since I think its editing was one of the big reasons it failed for me.

But the released version is the director version... his own words, paraphrased as they are, were “it tested badly and then someone leaked the whole thing on reddit. To be honest, they were right, it was long and empty and there was a lot of conflict left unresolved”.

Then he proceeded to tell my why it was empty and that’s when the two parter conversations came about.
did Kinberg actually film anything with Erik and Quicksilver?
or he completely ignored the previous two movies and their relationship?

and did Dazzler have at least 1 line of dialogue with any x-man?

1. Magneto and Quicksilver never meet in this movie. So, is not like they ignored their relationship, is just that they don't meet in this movie.

2. Dazzler was singing. So no time to talk since her performance was interrupted by Dark Phoenix.

I just want an extended cut of the version we got since I think its editing was one of the big reasons it failed for me.
It was Disney fault. Reports says that this movie was supposed to be 30 minutes longer. But they demanded Kingberg to cut 30 minutes of the movie.

No, nothing, completely ignored. There wasn’t a way to write the two together with both of their schedules.

I don’t think so, not in anything that I saw at least. I think Kinberg mentioned another Dazzler scene cut but I’ve never heard of it. Might have been during the scrapped sequence with everyone teaching and doing things around the school when they get the call to suit up, but I’m guessing at this point.

Count me in for wanting to see a longer version of this movie. Act II was PAINFULLY short. 15-20 min breathing space I think would’ve added a lot of weight to this film. I hope they just put it out on home video, unlike the Snyder cut there is literally nothing to lose by releasing it...ASSUMING the cut is already ready to go and completed already.

Why would scenes that were cut be completed with FX? I never see deleted scenes from science fiction and super hero movies that are a hundred percent complete. They always seem to be in some stage of completion, but never usually completely finished.
They aren't going to spend a penny to complete any special effects.
I get that the scrap United Nation sequence was nearly complete but that's because it was the main battle of the Final Act and they had to to work on that to make the original release date. But random extended scenes from earlier parts of the movie are not going to be complete I don't think.

Why would scenes that were cut be completed with FX? I never see deleted scenes from science fiction and super hero movies that are a hundred percent complete. They always seem to be in some stage of completion, but never usually completely finished.
They aren't going to spend a penny to complete any special effects.
I get that the scrap United Nation sequence was nearly complete but that's because it was the main battle of the Final Act and they had to to work on that to make the original release date. But random extended scenes from earlier parts of the movie are not going to be complete I don't think.

They are if the extended scenes already had completed VFX prior to being edited down. And i think that’s a huge possibility considering the final cut reeked of being hacked to death at the last minute.

I hope you're right I would buy that in a second.

Deadpool 2 wasn't trash and made some money though. I'm not sure Fox/Disney would invest any extra money in a deluxe home release for Dark Phoenix. They've spent way too much on it already.

It happens even with critical and financial failures such as Alexander and Blade Trinity.

Fox even put out extended versions of Alien 3 and Alien vs Predator: Requiem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"