WandaVision Darkhold

No offense to the fans, but I tuned out of Agents of SHIELD a long time ago.

No offense to the fans, but I tuned out of Agents of SHIELD a long time ago.
You should go back and watch it. It's really good.

Apparently one of the WandaVision directors said that he imagines it as the same book from Agents of SHIELD. Don't know why he imagined it with a different cover. The Showrunner is saying this is a question that keeps coming up.

Is anyone else worried that Wanda in astral form reading the Darkhold that will evantually release a far greater more powerful evil(like Chtron or Mephisto)

The book could be controlling her to try to get release someone.

"When asked if it was the same exact book or an entirely different one, Shakman said that he "would imagine it's the same book:""

It annoys me that he imagined it with a different cover.

Plenty of books have different covers all the time. Unless you're specifically wanting it for the cover, it's the content inside that counts.

Yeah, one thread is fine for this. Feel free to continue discussing it there.

"When asked if it was the same exact book or an entirely different one, Shakman said that he "would imagine it's the same book:""

It annoys me that he imagined it with a different cover.
They literally showed a different cover for it on AoS that it used to have though.

Magical books don't have different editions. They're one of a kind.

Even if they were one of a kind they can still have different covers. People can change them over time if one is falling apart through deterioration or someone spilt tea on it.

Even if they were one of a kind they can still have different covers. People can change them over time if one is falling apart through deterioration or someone spilt tea on it.
That's weirdly specific. I don't think that is the case here. WandaVision cover looks centuries older than Agents of SHIELD cover. Both look extremely old. It's not as if you could make multiple editions of the same book back in the day. It was a single book that was written and if you wanted to read it, you would travel from afar. Printing press didn't exist until the 18th century.

That's weirdly specific. I don't think that is the case here. WandaVision cover looks centuries older than Agents of SHIELD cover. Both look extremely old. It's not as if you could make multiple editions of the same book back in the day. It was a single book that was written and if you wanted to read it, you would travel from afar. Printing press didn't exist until the 18th century.

Printing press didn't exist yes, but there were scribes who would painstakingly make multiple copies of ancient manuscripts by hand. This is the case even in real life. So there can easily be more than one edition of the same book with a different cover rather than a single one.

I'm telling you... magical dust jacket. Same book but the WV version is how the book is supposed to look while the AOS and the Runaways version had a dust jacket with a lock. That's the way I justify it. Hopefully in a future property they'll have it restored to it's proper look. It is dumb that they would create the discrepancy.

Is anyone else annoyed that the cover of the Darkhold isn't the same cover from Agents of SHIELD?
Not me. I've watched all of AoS at least twice.....couldn't tell you what the cover looked like. So, no big deal. Plus I see it the same as Rhodey.....Rhodey got a new cover in Iron Man 2....that didn't ruin anything.

It's kinda weird how Agatha talks about the darkhold as if the audience already knows what it is. People who didn't watch those other shows are probably confused.
Judging by the discusiions of Multiverse of Madness going on many of those that saw WandaVision didn't understand the implications of Wanda reading from it in WandaVision.

As far as AoS goes it is not the look of the book, since on that show the book looked different to each user, but rather the disposition of the book in its last AoS appearance and the questions of how it ultimatly got to Westview

the disposition of the book in its last AoS appearance and the questions of how it ultimatly got to Westview
If we take all these shows and movies as canon, the known position and ownership over time would go like this:

- ~2nd Century: Chthon's dark magic is transcribed into the Darkhold on Wundagore Mountain (Multiverse of Madness)
- Sometime before 2012: The Darkhold has been hidden in someone's basement (strongly hinted to belong to Johnny Blaze) (AoS)
- 2012: Lucy and Joseph Bauer find the Darkhold in the basement and take it with them (AoS)
- 2012: Joseph Bauer hides the Darkhold before being put into a coma (AoS)
- 2017: Lucy Bauer (now a ghost) finds the Darkhold again (AoS)
- 2017: Lucy hands it over to Eli Morrow to be read in Los Angeles (AoS)
- 2017: SHIELD finds it and takes it to their base The Playground (AoS)
- 2017: SHIELD gives Holden Radcliffe and Aida access to the book (AoS)
- 2017: SHIELD gives the book to the Koenig family who hide it in a vault named The Labyrinth (AoS)
- 2017: Holden Radcliffe steals the book and gives access to it to Anton Ivanov (AoS)
- 2017: Robbie Reyes takes the book from Ivanov and takes it to Hell (AoS)
- 2017 or 2018: Morgan le Fay obtains the Darkhold somehow and brings it back to Los Angeles (Runaways)
- 2018: Robert Minoru briefly gets access to it (Runaways)
- 2018: Morgan le Fay is banished from Earth. It's unclear what happened to the Darkhold. Presumably it remained with her coven, though it might have been retrieved by the Minoru family (Runaways)
- Sometime before 2023: Agatha Harkness obtained the Darkhold (WandaVision)
- 2023: Agatha took the Darkhold with her to Westview, New Jersey (WandaVision)
- 2023: Wanda Maximoff took the Darkhold to her cabin (WandaVision)
- 2024/2025: Wanda took the Darkhold with her to Kamar-Taj
- 2024/2025: Sara destroyed the Darkhold

So less than a year after Robbie took it to Hell, Morgan le Fay somehow obtained it. I think that part is the hard part to explain.
The fact that it fell into Agatha's hands after Morgan le Fay was banished from Earth actually makes a lot of sense if it remained in possession of her coven of lesser witches. Agatha likely keeps on communities of witches and her whole thing is taking power from the undeserving, so it's very understandable that she might take an artifact as powerful as the Darkhold from unworthy lesser witches.

Last edited:
It really is best to just ignore all of the stuff before Agatha getting it. I guarantee you it will never be referenced as any kind of canon.

Errr…wasn’t it hinted that Agatha found the Darkhold in the 16th century and kept it until 2023? Where else should she learned the dark magic with what she killed her coven.
So everything that happened during AoS is meaningless

Errr…wasn’t it hinted that Agatha found the Darkhold in the 16th century and kept it until 2023? Where else should she learned the dark magic with what she killed her coven.
So everything that happened during AoS is meaningless

Couldn't be 16th century, because Salem wasn't settled yet. But yeah, something along those lines.

In the comics she‘s from Atlantis, so it could be, that she and the coven were there, before the puritans settled there…

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"