WandaVision Darkhold

TheFanGuy

Civilian
Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed that the cover of the Darkhold isn't the same cover from Agents of SHIELD?

Is anyone else annoyed that the cover of the Darkhold isn't the same cover from Agents of SHIELD?

Maybe it's a new edition like other books have different covers and new artwork all the time on Amazon.

Eg:

860775.jpg

16982._SY475_.jpg

41H66ljdx5L._SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

No, because that would provide a false sense that Agents of SHIELD is in continuity with the MCU. Which it is not, and hasn't been for quite a few seasons, due to the contents of AoS being varyingly incompatible with MCU canon.

AoS was **** - so I don’t care

AoS was **** - so I don’t care
WandaVision was good but Agents of Shield was 100x better. You don't make 7 seasons of a show that's ****.

And yes, it is annoying that the book covers don't match with no explanation. For a franchise that prides itself on continuity, they sure dropped the ball on this one. The way I explain it in my head is that the cover on Agents of Shield was more like a magical dust jacket and the cover in Wandavision is the original cover of what was beneath.

Darkhold was going to be in the Hulu shows before Marvel TV was shutdown so this is no surprise. AoS being allowed to close out with it's final season was fortunate for the fans. I have no issue with AoS diverging from MCU and prefer it that way.

Hope to see where Vision and Wanda go from here. I would like to see the elder gods in Strange 2 with Chthon hopefully making an appearance.

I'm not bothered. The Darkhold in Agents of SHIELD demonstrated a malleability that allowed it to present differently in different contexts. I don't see any real inconsistency between the two. They also deliberately made where Coulson hid it to be ambiguous so it could be used in other MCU programs in the future. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he did a very good job.

I'm not bothered. The Darkhold in Agents of SHIELD demonstrated a malleability that allowed it to present differently in different contexts. I don't see any real inconsistency between the two. They also deliberately made where Coulson hid it to be ambiguous so it could be used in other MCU programs in the future. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he did a very good job.
Well technically it was Morgan le Fay who got it first I think. And then the Minoru family. Don't know what they did with it but if you count all the shows as canon I guess Agatha got it from them.

I guess there's no chance of getting Elizabeth Hurley back as Morgan Le Fay to battle Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange in the future?

It's a shame Morgan was used in Runaways then. I'm guessing that if she hadn't been used already she might've been a potential villain for WandaVision.

Liz Hurley? Really?

But I do think that Morgan le Fay could be a part of the MCU sooner or later - integrated into stories with Black Knight and Captain Britain.
But I’d prefer this look - like the Evil Queen from Snow White

I wish we could see the Darkhold being a part of the history of Atlantis or Lemuria

Last edited:
Liz Hurley? Really?

But I do think that Morgan le Fay could be a part of the MCU sooner or later - integrated into stories with Black Knight and Captain Britain.

I wish we could see the Darkhold being a part of the history of Atlantis or Lemuria

Who would you cast as Morgan Le Fay instead then? I thought Hurley was decent enough as Morgan. She looked fairly close to the comic but could've had the purple hair instead of her regular hair.

7825b0edf7ff28055915f9a5f58b35bc520a45e3.jpg

Not a curvy sexbomb - more sleek and cold, like in this pic. Like the evil queen in Snow White
Keira Knightley or Eva Green
Morgan le Fay (Earth-15238)

Eva Green would be good, and better than Keira Knightley in the role.

Well technically it was Morgan le Fay who got it first I think. And then the Minoru family. Don't know what they did with it but if you count all the shows as canon I guess Agatha got it from them.
Was the Darkhold in Runaways? I genuinely don't remember that.

Jaime Fox returned as Elektro. No reason Elizabeth Hurley can't. She will look good for another 20 years no doubt. She doesn't age normally.

I don’t like her acting

WandaVision was good but Agents of Shield was 100x better. You don't make 7 seasons of a show that's ****.
... Big Bang Theory...

But I really r=enjoyed AOS despite some of it's ups and downs. I think it's a net positive for the MCU.
You can come up with a thousand in universe reasons for the prop change, simplest being it's a different copy or volume of it. But I think this is a pretty clear indication that Marvel Studios is not concerned with the continuity of shows produced in the former Marvel Television department. Which is a bit sad since there has been some amazing stuff there.

And yes, it is annoying that the book covers don't match with no explanation. For a franchise that prides itself on continuity, they sure dropped the ball on this one. The way I explain it in my head is that the cover on Agents of Shield was more like a magical dust jacket and the cover in Wandavision is the original cover of what was beneath.

So wait, you blame WandaVision for failing to maintain continuity with Agents of SHIELD in a prop design, but not Agents of SHIELD for several entire seasons worth of plot that makes zero sense in light of anything happening in the movies? *rollseyes*

So wait, you blame WandaVision for failing to maintain continuity with Agents of SHIELD in a prop design, but not Agents of SHIELD for several entire seasons worth of plot that makes zero sense in light of anything happening in the movies? *rollseyes*
The only thing that bothers me from Agents of SHIELD is the "One year later" subtext at the beginning of Season 6. Season 5 ended pre-snap which means that Season 6 takes place about a year into the snap. If you watch Season 6 closely you'll notice that the entirety of the season takes place in the span of 6 or 7 days. With all that was happening there may not have been an opportunity to acknowledge that half the population was missing. Had they added a throw-away, that would've been enough. Season 7 is nonconsequential because it takes place in the past and follows Endgame rules for time travel. Everything else fits with the MCU.

You mean aside from the entire "We use a completely different form of time travel from the movies that follows completely different rules" thing? To say nothing of the increasingly numerous "Look, even if you give normal comic book leeway, there is literally no excuse for the AoS cast not calling for help dealing with these Avengers-scale threats".

Did you even watch the show? As season 7 progressed, the time traveling rules were the same rules the Ancient One described in Endgame. New branches of time were constantly being created with the Agents being able to return to their original timeline in the same way the Avengers were able to.

Also, they called in the Avengers in season 2. That's why the Avengers knew where to go at the beginning of Age of Ultron. It fits well.

The Darkhold is a very significant artifact in Marvel. I wouldn't call it a simple "prop design". This is just as relevant as the Infinity Gems. With this being (re)introduced in WandaVision, other properties like Dr Strange, Eternals, Shang-chi, Blade, Moonknight, even the Fantastic 4 have had dealings with the Darkhold at some point. This is going to be the new Infinity Gauntlet of the MCU.

You mean aside from the entire "We use a completely different form of time travel from the movies that follows completely different rules" thing? To say nothing of the increasingly numerous "Look, even if you give normal comic book leeway, there is literally no excuse for the AoS cast not calling for help dealing with these Avengers-scale threats".
I thought they altered the future in Season 5 to create a branching timeline, which is why the timeline didn't match the snap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"