Darkman

Not to my knowledge. He's a B-actor whose done mostly B-movies.
I guess it's hard to be seen as a dramatic actor - or to get good dramatic parts - when virtually everything you do is B-grade.

darkmanposter.jpg
It has possibly one of the best posters ever.

It's my favorite movie poster, personally. It oozes awesome.

A bit of an older thread I know, but I recently stumbled upon something rare and awesome that relates to Darkman: the full unaired pilot for the television series.

An interesting watch for sure. It's interesting how it differs from the movie,

essentially being a reboot of the storyline from the moment Westlake's lab is destroyed and even then there's some pretty major changes made from that point on, with Julie being killed in the lab explosion and Durant having a new right-hand man with Vincenzo.

I would've loved for there to have been a weekly Darkman television series, it's a shame it never took off. And I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a cartoon series back in the day as well, with the likes of RoboCop and The Toxic Avenger having cartoon series, Darkman seemed like an obvious choice.

I really want Riami to return to Darkman- it's the perfect Riami movie! It's got cheesy horror, superheroics, and it's his original character!
If he were to return to it today, just think of what he could bring to the table.

My favorite Raimi film by far!

I love the suspenseful time limit for the disguises.

I guess it's hard to be seen as a dramatic actor - or to get good dramatic parts - when virtually everything you do is B-grade.

Bruce Campbell is in that USA network series 'Burn Notice'. A few dramatic moments, not much, but a few

Bruce Campbell is in that USA network series 'Burn Notice'. A few dramatic moments, not much, but a few

Found another neat Darkman find, some unfinished pages of the never-released Dynamite Comics series, on this guy's DeviantArt page (more pages are on the next page). The comic apparently wasn't released because Universal didn't like the artwork, which is stupid because I think it looks fine.

I wonder if this comic ignored the movie sequels and picked up from the Marvel series instead, seeing as

Eddie Black sports his gun hands from that series in this one, too. Perhaps it followed the films but lifted Black from the Marvel series for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"