World David E Kelly's unaired Wonder Woman pilot

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
A place to talk about the unaired pilot starring Adrianne Palicki.

As mentioned in the Gal thread, she has 3 secret identities: she went by Diana Themyscira and Diana Prince as well as WW, but it seems that everyone knew who she was anyway.

And she now ran some company Themysciran industries and was set in LA. And they were talking about trying to make various merchandise including dolls to promote her image. But she complained about the doll's **** being too big. She actually used that word, which is so unfitting for a princess, and one from a different society to be using that kind of common phrase.

It was such a horrible pilot with very bad characterisation. It's like David E Kelly tried to shove in some Ally McBeal into it with Diana being slightly neurotic and worrying about things which the modern woman might worry about.

Steve Trevor was played by Justin Bruenning, who played Michael Knight in the 2008 Knight Rider series.

I just felt bad for Adrienne. She would've made a great tv Diana but for some reason they got some guy who knows nothing about action or superheroes.

The castings were spot on but thats about it.

And they were talking about trying to make various merchandise including dolls to promote her image. But she complained about the doll's **** being too big. She actually used that word, which is so unfitting for a princess, and one from a different society to be using that kind of common phrase.

Oh dear. :csad:

The idea of Diana running a business in the modern world is an interesting one to me, but having said business promote herself is too narcissistic for Di - she's not Lex Luthor or even a Tony Stark.

My guess is it would have been a very Greek mythology and supers-free series, with Wondy essentially being a weekly ad hoc crimefighter/detective in addition to her business, taking on mostly street-level opponents.

As bad as this pilot was, it could've been even worse. One of the actresses who auditioned for the role, a South African actress named Tanit Phoenix, was even worse. The dialogue was bad enough, especially the **** line, but at least in Adrianne's mouth it was slightly more palatable. When Phoenix said it she was absolutely awful.

Unfortunately that audition tape has been taken down from YouTube, and I'm not surprised. She probably doesn't want that floating about. But from what I recall, she was like a bored and whiny Diana.

If the Adrianne version is on YouTube, then watch that bit, and then try to imagine it much worse.

Had to look up Tanit Phoenix - good looking girl but yeah, seems to be mainly known as an underwear model. I see she married Sharlto Copley last year.

He's another South African.

I think she's only had very minor roles in movies like Death Race 2. She had a kind of snooty delivery which was even worse for WW. It was like a snooty, bored Diana for whom this business of dolls was too beneath her. I don't know if she was trying to convey the princess side of things, but it didn't work.

She definitely didn't have any of the warm characteristics normally associated with Diana.

He's another South African.

Yes, I loved it when he really let rip with his accent as 'Kruger' in Elysium (he was easily the best thing in that movie)...

"You hear that sound, boy? That is the sound of me coming for you!" :woot:

I still need to know what they were thinking with that cheap ass costume they had made. They couldn't afford anything more then $10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"