David O. Russell’s “Amsterdam” (Bale, Robbie, JDW)

Why feel bad for the cast that is cool with sexual assault? None of these actors are hard up. They didn't need this work to eat.
We don't know their ulterior motives. Maybe they all hate Russell and were hoping to get a chance to square up and fight him like Clooney did back in the day.

We don't know their ulterior motives. Maybe they all hate Russell and were hoping to get a chance to square up and fight him like Clooney did back in the day.
They didn't need to do that. They could simply show up to a Hollywood party where DOR is attending and put him in a headlock in front of all the party guests...

They didn't need to do that. They could simply show up to a Hollywood party where DOR is attending and put him in a headlock in front of all the party guests...
Amy Adams getting her revenge:

tumblr_lt8j7bWKAD1r4gei2o8_400.gif

Just got out of this and dug it. It felt very similar to American Hustle with its storytelling and very strong production design. It felt half part comedy, half part thriller and though I don't think the climax comes together as it would want to, the performances kept me entertained. Bale, Robbie, and Washington all had a believable friendship and warm dynamic and I'd love to have spent more time with them.

Not that we don't get enough- we do- but when it's just the three of them- the movie is at its strongest. A lot of the actors each get a moment to shine. Except for Taylor Swift, but to say why would delve into spoiler territory. Both in dialogue and direction, at times this felt very Coen Brothers-esque, but not on that same level. Hell, at times I kept imagining Christian Bale's character played by John Turturro just based on his appearance.

But yeah, I dug this film a lot. It won't make my top 10 or anything, but it gets high marks for its production design alone. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Crashing and burning at the box office. Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Nice bit of irony, is they could of used the money to make this crap to distribute Prey and Hellraiser, each of which would've of made the studio legit cash at the box office.

My review
At the Movies with Kane and BN
2/5

Gotta admit, all the Swifties that will be coming to see this movie for her alone makes me laugh considering what happens in this.

Also dark mode Margot Robbie looks good.
Damn how much money did they throw around to get all these people?

Then again Taylor did Cats.

Every movie that T-Swift has been in has been critically panned. She's a jinx! A jinx, I tells ya!

T Swift can't sing, dance, or act to save her life. :o

I guess the box office disappointments of this, Don’t Worry Darling and Lyle Lyle Crocodile says one thing; putting your popular musician in a movie doesn’t mean people want to pay to see them act.

seen this today and really liked it. This deserves better and the negative sentiment is clearly against the director (imho deserved, if the allegations are true). It’s not in the same league of bad oscar bait as hillbilly elegy or something like that.
The movie has only one problem- it tries to be to grotesque and cynic, while having a plot, that’s too serious.
But I was really good entertained.

seen this today and really liked it. This deserves better and the negative sentiment is clearly against the director (imho deserved, if the allegations are true). It’s not in the same league of bad oscar bait as hillbilly elegy or something like that.
The movie has only one problem- it tries to be to grotesque and cynic, while having a plot, that’s too serious.
But I was really good entertained.
Even if David O. Russell had a squeaky clean slate and made this exact same movie I think it still would have gotten the same reception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"