Daylight Saving Time

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
Anyone else think enough is enough?

They came up with it back in the day when they actually needed it. Apparently it now wastes more energy than it saves.

If we didn't have Daylight savings, on December 21st 2012, (Winter Solstice), the sun would rise at 6:17 am and set at 3:32 pm. And I thought it was annoying when the sun would set at 4:32 pm.

Daylight savings is the worst. Does anyone other than the USA do this? And Arizona doesn't even do it.

This screwed me over, went to sleep at 430 last night, waking up at 1230 now. Thanks clock! Lol.

I love it. At least when I get out of work everyday, there will be sun light now. It was depressing to leave work in the dark.

I think we should just have DST in effect all year round.

I'd much rather have it be dark at 7am in the winter if it could be light out into 6 or 7.

Having more or less daylight doesn't mean a hill of beans to me. It's going to get dark later in the day, whether we change clocks or not. The tilting of the planet's axis has nothing to do with the setting of a timepiece.

It's time to end it.

Anyone else think enough is enough?

They came up with it back in the day when they actually needed it. Apparently it now wastes more energy than it saves.

It's stupid and makes no sense. Is the sun going backwards or something? No. We are just tricking ourselves by playing God with our time.

:cmad: it was 1:59am and then *BOOM* 3am. Damn you, Federal Govt.

:o in uplifting news, 1 hour closer to NFL season.

Another year, another thread where people passionately rage against resetting their clocks.

I detest daylight saving time, but I've learned to adjust to it.

Seriously, you know all you people who supposedly hate daylight savings time would be crying like children if it started getting dark at 3pm in December.

I saw a programe once with some people, both for and against daylight savings, voicing their opinions. There were many good points put forward for keeping it up, such as farmers working early, children going to school, etc. But the main thing that the person against it had to argue was "it's a terrible hassle resetting all my clocks".

So yeh, keep it.

Another year, another thread where people passionately rage against resetting their clocks.

:funny:

How much of an effort does it take on our part, really? I mean, come on... most **** does it automatically.

DST. It's a thing. Deal with it.

Seriously, you know all you people who supposedly hate daylight savings time would be crying like children if it started getting dark at 3pm in December.

Yeeea, that's ''natural'. It isn't like the Earth or sun is moving slower or anything, we are just lying to ourselves.

I think we should just have DST in effect all year round.

I'd much rather have it be dark at 7am in the winter if it could be light out into 6 or 7.

Whichever one means it stays lighter out in the winter, that's what I want. I hate getting out of class at 6 and when its really dark.

Nope. More like celebrating.

Yeeea, that's ''natural'. It isn't like the Earth or sun is moving slower or anything, we are just lying to ourselves.
The concept of 3 PM isn't "natural" to begin with. Also, what's this nonsense about the earth and/or sun moving slower? DST implies nothing of the sort.

This just shows you how untech savvy I am but I can't figure out how to change the time on my cellphone that didn't set itself for Daylight Savings.

honestly with all these electronic devices doing it automatically, you barely even have to notice.

honestly with all these electronic devices doing it automatically, you barely even have to notice.

Unless you have an antiquated cellphone that requires you to manually change the time for the correct DST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"