DBELLA! Going to Italy and need HELP!

Superman4ever

Superhero
Reaction score
Or anyone for that matter!

I need help with cultural activities in Italy. Places to go, things to do, festivals, etc. I have a 4 week break from school and I'm planning a trip in December to Europe (I leave in just under 2 weeks and am spending less than a week in Italy) and I don't have family there and was wondering if someone could give me some info on some fun things to do there. The more unique the better.

Any website or info would be SO helpful.

Thanks SO much for you time,

:heart:

BTW, happy holiday everyone!

Eat pasta, and whack someone for crossin the family. Maybe catch a flick in between.

Google "italy, cultural activities, landmarks, festivals". Bingo. Answers every which way you look.

Buy lots of wine. The wine there is spectacular. Ship some home if you can :up:

http://fodors.com/ click 'talk' for their boards. Those people are in the know. I've only been to Torino, Milan and Bardonecchia for like a week for the Olympics.

Google "italy, cultural activities, landmarks, festivals". Bingo. Answers every which way you look.

Isn't it precious when people who are too damn lazy to do even a simple web search come here expecting us to do it for them?

The Ice Cream and Pizza is great :up:
Milan is great for shopping obviously and Lake como is a beautiful place to visit. Be prepared to be stuck in a Taxi for hours if your in Rome because the traffic is horrific and exeryone drives like lunatics.

The Ice Cream and Pizza is great :up:
Milan is great for shopping obviously and Lake como is a beautiful place to visit. Be prepared to be stuck in a Taxi for hours if your in Rome because the traffic is horrific and exeryone drives like lunatics.
That's why you shouldn't take Taxi in Rome.
You know last year a cab driver stabbed a guy near a hotel.

Or anyone for that matter!

I need help with cultural activities in Italy. Places to go, things to do, festivals, etc. I have a 4 week break from school and I'm planning a trip in December to Europe (I leave in just under 2 weeks and am spending less than a week in Italy) and I don't have family there and was wondering if someone could give me some info on some fun things to do there. The more unique the better.

Any website or info would be SO helpful.

Thanks SO much for you time,

:heart:

BTW, happy holiday everyone!
I don't know what's your area of interest, so I can't give you any specific advice, but you may find useful this site:
http://www.italia.it/it/scout/evts/5,en,SCH1/objectId,RGN8it,modulId,guide,r,RGN8it/evcrit.html
The portal www.italia.it is the main touristic guide for our nation.

The church's and other old buildings are breath-taking, so much history, it really is amazing.

For all those who replied with your wonderful advice and links I very much appreciate it. :woot:

Isn't it precious when people who are too damn lazy to do even a simple web search come here expecting us to do it for them?

Oh, for G-d's sakes. You 2 cliches obviously missed the point of this thread. I've done my research, but I'm looking for, as stated, unique places to go. Things that people who are familiar with Italy would know about...

For instance, if someone wanted to visit Detroit, you could very well type out, "detroit, cultural activities, landmarks, blah blah" and get a good deal of info that would interest you, but it won't give you info on this little "mom and pop" Italian Bakery on Schafer Rd. that has the best cannolis ever. It's something a Detroiter would know. That's why I asked Bella...she's lived there for sometime and thought her wisdom could be useful. Or anyone who is familiar with Italy or Europe.

Anyways, I'm going soon for only a week (actually it's more like 6 days), which means I probably won't have enough time to go through Italy with a fine comb so any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I'm doing anything like this, especially alone, so I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It's probably my only time off school I'll have for a while cause once I get back I have a semester before clinical rotations start, and my life for the next 2 years, at least is over. :(

Go up to the nearest girl and say...

Io Voglio La Tua Pantaloni

For all those who replied with your wonderful advice and links I very much appreciate it. :woot:

Oh, for G-d's sakes. You 2 cliches obviously missed the point of this thread. I've done my research, but I'm looking for, as stated, unique places to go. Things that people who are familiar with Italy would know about...

For instance, if someone wanted to visit Detroit, you could very well type out, "detroit, cultural activities, landmarks, blah blah" and get a good deal of info that would interest you, but it won't give you info on this little "mom and pop" Italian Bakery on Schafer Rd. that has the best cannolis ever. It's something a Detroiter would know. That's why I asked Bella...she's lived there for sometime and thought her wisdom could be useful. Or anyone who is familiar with Italy or Europe.

Anyways, I'm going soon for only a week (actually it's more like 6 days), which means I probably won't have enough time to go through Italy with a fine comb so any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I'm doing anything like this, especially alone, so I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It's probably my only time off school I'll have for a while cause once I get back I have a semester before clinical rotations start, and my life for the next 2 years, at least is over. :(

If someone visited Detroit (why anyone would on a vacation I don't know) I would recommend them filling out a will and then using Google to find the going rates on funerals. "Culutural activities" in Detroit are drive-bys.

I still didn't get what you're interested in.
6 days? I would have suggested doing a three cities tour (Venice, Florence and Rome) but going from Venice to Florence is a half day trip be in in train or plane.
For example if you're interested in models and flashy bars, Milan is the place for you. But apart from the Sforzesco Castle and the Last Supper there isn't that much on the cultural or historical aspect to see.
Tell me something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"