DC animated series you'd like to see...

Same answer as the series thead...

Nightwing and Blue Devil

nightwing%20jim%20lee.jpg

296901-42880-blue-devil.jpg

totally agree about nightwing. dont know alot about blue devil though. also I'd like to a green arrow show

Nightwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Birds of Prey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Outsiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally wish they would start up Justice League Unlimited again. Just pick it up where they left off. Why'd they ever cancel that?
Teen Titans really deserves a good treatment. The anime-ish series had its moments but was dorky a lot of times.
The JSA would be interesting to see.

I think Nightwing is the most deserving of all. He's like Batman in certain respects but completely different as far as personality. And women in the DC universe love him so there would be a lot of guest appearances.

Justice League International: Booster Gold and Blue Beetle in particular.
I'd love that, but kids dont know any of the members and it wouldnt be successful. :csad:

Wonder Woman
: I think it's time it happened. Maybe set it in the same general continuity as her DTV like Disney used to spin off their animated films into a series.
Damn right its time it happened! I really want a good WW animated series.
Superman: Batman's gotten, what, four different series in the last two decades? I think it's due time we got to see an animated Supes on the small screen again. There's plenty of story potential.
Agreed.
I think it's going to be Hal-centric, with guest stars from the Corps scattered here and there, like Robin in B:TAS.
With Geoff Johns in charge, you know it to be true. :csad:
Superman and The Flash.
YES!
I don't think WW would do well in an animated TV series
The story potential is there. A good marketing campaign and some cameos from Superman and Batman could come a long way. Plus... WW has boobs! I still remember my childhood fascination with Lara Croft, so i bet that boys will definitely like the show! :awesome:
I personally wish they would start up Justice League Unlimited again. Just pick it up where they left off. Why'd they ever cancel that?
Because they ran out of ideas. The last season was filled with soap opera and it wasnt very good.
I'd like the show to continue but only if they have good stories to tell.

Last edited:
Personally i'd love a Batman and Robin series with Dick and Damian. You know, less grimdark, more action, more fun, flying batmobile, zanny villains, and all that.

pg0001.jpg

They could easily ignore Bruce but i guess that kids would nerdrage just as much as we did when they find that Bruce isnt the one wearing the cowl. So they can summarize his fate in the first episode and then explore it further throughout the series as B&R find more about what happened. Bruce will return at the end of the series. They could even dedicate some episodes to him and show his adventures through time!

The thing is that Dick and especially Damian's origins need to be set up first. You cant just tell kids "look, the old Robin grew old and is now Batman and Bruce's kid is Robin". Kids will be like "WTF man? Who are these guys?" (because i doubt todays kids have watched BTAS to at least know Nightwing). So unless they have a Batman animated series or movie that sets everything up and culminates in Bruce getting Omega sanctioned, B&R wont be possible. :csad:

I wouldn't hate another Superman series for television.

And I agree on Justice Leage Unlimited. They could have gone into a Crisis storyline, resurrected Apocolypse, brought back Doomsday, the return of Lex Luthor, Revenge of Braniac.....lots of story potential there.

Series I'd like to see:

another Superman series
Green Lantern Corps
Nightwing
The Flash
Birds of Prey
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Zatamma

I'd also like to see a Superboy (Kon-El) series

What they did a cg movie? It could be of the justice league or even just one solo character

http://danielaraya.deviantart.com/

This guy has done some great cg designs, i especially like Batmans, the detail is absolutely amazing, with a gritty feel to it like weve seen lately with Superman/Batman Apocalypse and Under The Red Hood i think it would do amazingly well, what do you guys think?

I think an animated Damian would have his balls cut off. He'd be more like, "This stinks," instead of "You've got small ****."

YES. That movie was PERFECT for sending out a WW series. Lauren Montgomery is one of the most talented animators in the field today, and the Timm team would really capture the character's grace and mythological roots.

Besides, we didn't see enough of Artemis or Cheetah!

I agree, I just got the animated movie on blu ray, loved it if you cannot get Kerri Russell back as WW, why not use the voice of WW from JL/JLU?

Justice League International - the Giffen/DeMatties series is one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to see it adapted as either an ongoing series or as an entry (possibly with sequels) in the DC Universe DTV movie line.

The Power of Shazam! - The Marvel Family and their villains are perfect source material for an animated series, and with animation you don't have to worry about the cast aging out of their roles.

The Flash - the comics offer great characters, storylines, and visual elements to utilize. When/if the live action feature film gets a greenlight we'll probably get an animated series to go along with it.

Justice Society of America - selling a 100% period piece series to a network would be very difficult, so I'd structure it with a modern day JSA wherein the old members are training a new generation of heroes with frequent flashbacks to the JSA's Golden Age adventures.

Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey - I'd love to see both as animated series, but it would be very difficult to get a network to buy them since animated shows are heavily dependent on toy sales, which in turn are heavily skewed towards male characters in the action figure market.

Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth - great source material for an action-adventure series. And, no, pre-existing audience awareness of characters isn't necessary for success. What's important is that you have a good, marketable concept.

Legion of Super-Heroes - it's a shame that James Tucker's LOSH was such a misstep since the comics offer so much good material for an animated show. I'd like to see the Legion get another chance at some point.

Metal Men - perfect for a light-hearted animated show.

Justice League International - the Giffen/DeMatties series is one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to see it adapted as either an ongoing series or as an entry (possibly with sequels) in the DC Universe DTV movie line.

The Power of Shazam! - The Marvel Family and their villains are perfect source material for an animated series, and with animation you don't have to worry about the cast aging out of their roles.

The Flash - the comics offer great characters, storylines, and visual elements to utilize. When/if the live action feature film gets a greenlight we'll probably get an animated series to go along with it.

Justice Society of America - selling a 100% period piece series to a network would be very difficult, so I'd structure it with a modern day JSA wherein the old members are training a new generation of heroes with frequent flashbacks to the JSA's Golden Age adventures.

Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey - I'd love to see both as animated series, but it would be very difficult to get a network to buy them since animated shows are heavily dependent on toy sales, which in turn are heavily skewed towards male characters in the action figure market.

Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth - great source material for an action-adventure series. And, no, pre-existing audience awareness of characters isn't necessary for success. What's important is that you have a good, marketable concept.

Legion of Super-Heroes - it's a shame that James Tucker's LOSH was such a misstep since the comics offer so much good material for an animated show. I'd like to see the Legion get another chance at some point.

Metal Men - perfect for a light-hearted animated show.

All of those would be fantastic. A New Gods animated series would be pretty amazing as well.

I've always wanted a Jap-Original Video Animation styled series for Enemy Ace. OVA in Japan usually gets away with things you cant show on regular TV (which if Sankaku Complex is to be believed...they get away with alot as it is) and Enemy Ace is one of those Kubert creations that should get some love.

The kicker? It should be voiced in German. So it has that foreign film charm to it.
http://img68.imageme.fr/DSC1825.jpg 408

What they did a cg movie? It could be of the justice league or even just one solo character

http://danielaraya.deviantart.com/

This guy has done some great cg designs, i especially like Batmans, the detail is absolutely amazing,

I like his designs too, but the look way to similar to the Incredibles, honestly Superman looks like the superhero Brad Pitt is voicing in the movie Megamind

After seeing how awesome the GL animated series looks, I would love to see Superman get a similar treatment in 3D animation. I mean really... imagine stuff like Bizarro, Brainiac, the Phantom Zone, Krypton, Apokolips, Darkseid, Mxyzptlk, etc. in 3D animation. I wouldn't want it to be connected to STAS, though. Whole new continuity. I'd almost want it to be like All Star Superman, using wacky silver agey stuff with modern storytelling. That would be like a dream come true for me.

I think CG could work, although it has to be a mix between a Incredibles-esc and Bruce Timm combination for it to work, i mean the advantages are staggering. The ability to make everything pop even more, from the details to the fight scenes, to the costumes. I think a series of that nature would be very successful. Im looking forward to the CG GL as i think it could mean much more CG series', but the GL series looks very 90's cg from what ive seen, i want the ncredibles-esc and Bruce Timm combination.

Timm even said himself that when he was looking at the animation for GL, he was reminded of The Incredibles and that he liked that alot. So, that would be great if applied to Supes.

Take Superman X from Legion of Superheroes and give him his own series.

YES. That movie was PERFECT for sending out a WW series. Lauren Montgomery is one of the most talented animators in the field today, and the Timm team would really capture the character's grace and mythological roots.

Besides, we didn't see enough of Artemis or Cheetah!

That movie was pretty awesome. I keep watching it over and over. It'd be great to see in action, and to see her supporting cast live and enderaing. The only thing I think they did wrong was make Etta Candy a rival instead of a best friend. Vanessa should've been the rival, and Etta should've been a local college girl, with Julia as a teacher. It would've been so great.

From there, just build her rogues gallery episode by episode, TAS style. Cheetah, Circe, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Devastation, Minister Blizzard, Queen Clea, The Mask, Greek Mythology gone wrong. It'd be great.

After seeing these:

gaslightJL.JPG

I'd actually be really up for a Steampunk JLA series. It'd be something NEW, y'know?

I think Young Justice has big potential, and the animation is great.
Along side that I would also love to see a Nightwing show.
Another season of The Legion of Superheroes
A show that follows the Question (from JLU)
Can we do Vertigo too?
because if so....

Hellblazer_224_1024x768.jpg

can we say Adult Swim

Personally i'd love a Batman and Robin series with Dick and Damian. You know, less grimdark, more action, more fun, flying batmobile, zanny villains, and all that.

pg0001.jpg

They could easily ignore Bruce but i guess that kids would nerdrage just as much as we did when they find that Bruce isnt the one wearing the cowl. So they can summarize his fate in the first episode and then explore it further throughout the series as B&R find more about what happened. Bruce will return at the end of the series. They could even dedicate some episodes to him and show his adventures through time!

The thing is that Dick and especially Damian's origins need to be set up first. You cant just tell kids "look, the old Robin grew old and is now Batman and Bruce's kid is Robin". Kids will be like "WTF man? Who are these guys?" (because i doubt todays kids have watched BTAS to at least know Nightwing). So unless they have a Batman animated series or movie that sets everything up and culminates in Bruce getting Omega sanctioned, B&R wont be possible. :csad:

Bolded=Batman and Robin: The TV Series, directed by Joel Schumacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"