DC Direct Joker Figure v.s. Hot Toys Joker Figure

hi all just came across this thread while doing a search and i have just ordered a DC direct joker!

Im in the UK and the price difference between the HT and DCD is pretty huge unlike u guys in the US..

HT Joker (both versions) - £105 (approx $155)
DCD Joker - £44 (approx $65)

Basically more than double the price!! I aint a major collector or anything, hell I only noticed these figures a few days ago by chance but they look amazing in pics! I agree with most though, prefer the face of the DCD one but the clothes of the HT one. the HT one is outta my price range unfortunately for now.

I have the DC direct figure and i think it is a superb likeness to Heath Ledger. My only gripe is the hair is too short but some green thread should sort that. I would alsolike to buy the Hot Toyz Joker figures but in the UK no shops have them. In order to have the ultimate joker i would need to buy both HT figures and swap the heads. That's gonna cost £260.00 pounds!

I have the DC direct figure and i think it is a superb likeness to Heath Ledger. My only gripe is the hair is too short but some green thread should sort that. I would alsolike to buy the Hot Toyz Joker figures but in the UK no shops have them. In order to have the ultimate joker i would need to buy both HT figures and swap the heads. That's gonna cost £260.00 pounds!

You can preorder both the HT jokers from play, amazon or whereever online. They are due for release on the 30th this month.

Forbidden Planet had them in store as far as I remember but they went pretty quickly. Your best bet is online for this sort of stuff.

Want the perfect Joker?

Buy a normal HT Joker and a HT Bank Robber Joker, put the BRJ head on the normal joker body and whala you have the perfect joker figure :D

YAAAY, I ordered a BRJ like 2 months ago, WHY CANT THE END OF THIS MONTH COME ANY SOONER?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want the perfect Joker?

Buy a normal HT Joker and a HT Bank Robber Joker, put the BRJ head on the normal joker body and whala you have the perfect joker figure :D

YAAAY, I ordered a BRJ like 2 months ago, WHY CANT THE END OF THIS MONTH COME ANY SOONER?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I'm doing when I get mine. I can't wait any longer either!

Well I just took the plunge and bought Both Hot Toys Jokers on Ebay... *Sighs*

Got them for $140 each, Free UPS shipping...

They better be the most badass figures ever in person, or I'm going to be majorly pissed...

Well I just took the plunge and bought Both Hot Toys Jokers on Ebay... *Sighs*

Got them for $140 each, Free UPS shipping...

They better be the most badass figures ever in person, or I'm going to be majorly pissed...

3017425530_934d9f3990_o.jpg

You won’t regret it… Definitely the best TDK Joker figures out there! Especially seeing the head sculpt of the Bank Robber version in hands, you will be wowing for months… it looks beyond amazing and so life like; from the realistic glare in the eyes down to the incredible paint app on the face with incredible skin-like texture. For all it is, it is definitely worth the purchase. :D

Spidey, do you keep yours displayed, or put them back in their boxes?

Spidey, do you keep yours displayed, or put them back in their boxes?

Both :woot:... Right now, in my display cabinet downstairs, I have one of my Bank Robber Joker out on display along side with Tyler’s replica mask and the same goes with my TDK Batman as it is displayed along side with the cowl. The rest of the figures are either in MIB or placed back in to their original box. What about you?

Both :woot:... Right now, in my display cabinet downstairs, I have one of my Bank Robber Joker out on display along side with Tyler’s replica mask and the same goes with my TDK Batman as it is displayed along side with the cowl. The rest of the figures are either in MIB or placed back in to their original box. What about you?

Sitting on my desk waiting for the Bank Robber. Then someday I'll stick them in a big glass display unit. When I get one that is.

3110812960_951e38b93c.jpg

Yeah, I had mine preciously on my desk a few months ago… a lot of maintenance; especially the constant collecting of dust and stuff on the coat of the Joker and the cape of the Batman. Anyway, can’t wait to see some amazing pics of your BRJ when you get him.

So I was walking around in my local comic shop today, and came across a DC Director Joker figure. They retail for 80 bucks there, and they have a 20% off sale this week.

I really don't see the big gripe people have with it, the head sculpt may not be as detailed as Hot Toys' but the Hot Toys purple suit Joker's head sculpt just looks evil. So I think I'm going to pick up the DC Direct figure for just under 70 bucks. Not a bad steal.

You should. Check the previous page. The last post.

Since Medicom finally released pics of their final production-run version of TDK Joker, we can now view all three final production-run figures from Hot Toys, DC Direct, and Medicom…

3155968931_8099ee2540_o.jpg

No more prototype comparisons and talks. :woot:

Last edited:
Medicom's face sculpt isn't all that bad.

Mike Crawford,in his review of the DCD Joker a while back said something was wrong with the scars. I got the impression either they were incomplete or incorrect or even missing altogether.
Can anyone clear that up?
I just ordered mine from Amazon.com as a belated Xmas present to myself .
(56 bucks, not a bad deal)

Mike Crawford,in his review of the DCD Joker a while back said something was wrong with the scars. I got the impression either they were incomplete or incorrect or even missing altogether.
Can anyone clear that up?
I just ordered mine from Amazon.com as a belated Xmas present to myself .
(56 bucks, not a bad deal)
perfect price

Oh dear. It's very cartoony. I certainly wouldn't pay over £100.00 for that. If it was around £40.00 I might consider it. I'm glad I bought both Joker versions from Hot Toys.

Ugh! This is the worst one yet! I'm glad to see the coat looks better than it did but the face is just ******ed.

^You do know that pic depicts the prototype one... the final version is the one with the scary light blue eyes and cartoony look.

Final production-run (the actual figure in the market):
3049765825_9ec87cc125_o.jpg

Prototype:
Joker-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"