DC Direct Joker Figure v.s. Hot Toys Joker Figure

^You do know that pic depicts the prototype one... the final version is the one with the scary light blue eyes and cartoony look.

Final production-run (the actual figure in the market):
3049765825_9ec87cc125_o.jpg

Prototype:
Joker-1.jpg

That production piece is saturated with too much light. The details are probably comparable to the proto.

The worst part is the hair was never falling like that in the film. Just as if a girl would do that with her hair.

I think the hair is very close to this pic:

tdk181fl7.jpg

It doesn;t look great, but I will probably be buying it and seeing what a good repaint can do for it. The attire is not too bad, at least the coat is purple with the orange lining. If futzed with and posed, there may be something to salvage from it.

aha the medicom Joker is as bad as I thought it would be

I don't think HOT TOYS have anything to worry about. I think MEDICOM need to get some better sculptors on board if they want to compete.

Just curious. Does the Hot Toys Batman have as restrictive movement in his shoulder articulation because of the armor?

I mean DCD Batman is a little annoying because you can't pose the shoulders much at all.

Picked up the DC direct Joker. Couple notes, the Jackets are all pretty bulky, he's nowhere near as slim as he was in the film, and the glock's magazine isn't extended like the HT Bank Robber Joker's is. Either way, I'll still pick up the HT Bank Robber Joker down the road.

Just curious. Does the Hot Toys Batman have as restrictive movement in his shoulder articulation because of the armor?

I mean DCD Batman is a little annoying because you can't pose the shoulders much at all.

Does that count?

Pics belongs to, Magnuz.
tdkbatvjoker.jpg

tdkposes1.jpg

tdkposes3.jpg

Ya know.

The Medicom figures are great for theyre cartoon-y look.

I'll buy it when its 2 bucks at a flea market on the Moon in 150 years.

Well, i'm picking up the DCD Joker on Saturday, so koodos to me.

I think the shirt and tie are vastly superior on the DC direct figure compared to the ones on the hot toys joker. The buttons on the Hot toys coat are also really cheap and come off easily where as the DC directs coat buttons look just like the movies and are more sturdy shame the coat is just too long for the hot toys figure though. I have actually taken the shirt and tie from my dc direct figure and put it on my hot toys joker. Together with the bank robber head the figure looks amazing.
How I compare them.

DC Direct Overcoat 8 vs Hot Toys Overcoat 8
DC Direct Blazer 7 vs Hot Toys Blazer 9
DC Direct Waistcoat 9 vs Hot Toys Waistcoat 9 (despite the velcro it is a great colour)
DC Direct Shirt 9 vs Hot Toys Shirt 8
DC Direct Tie 10 vs Hot Toys Tie 7
DC Direct Trousers 8 vs Hot Toys Trousers 10
DC Direct Shoes 8 Vs Hot Toys Shoes 9
DC Direct Clown Mask 9 vs Hot Toys Clown Mask 8
DC Direct face Sculpt 9 vs Hot Toys V1 face Sculpt 6
DC Direct Accessories 9 vs Hot Toys Accessories 7

I decided to take the DC Direct Joker out to futz. I hated the way the clothes/tie were sitting and having a little photo shoot fun.

I also added shoulder pads to prop up the shoulders under both jackets giving them somewhat sharp edges and added the missing gold weathered chain.

3821642462_c0949a7f8a.jpg

3821628784_0eff7d93c8.jpg
3820855927_d8f076f426.jpg

3821628792_932e84a300.jpg
3820897335_61f6763cee.jpg

3820931573_e47463d93d.jpg

3821717236_bf43cf41c4.jpg
3820956265_b86462a66e.jpg

3821779836_0dcb3d0b1e.jpg

3820931589_979bb2f59b.jpg

The DCD Joker isn't really all that bad. The face sculpt is actually more accurate than the first HT Joker.
The only complaints I would make otherwwise is the grey coat is too bulky, removing it makes the figure look much better. Not exactly screen accurate, but in my opinion it's not that noticeable in the film anyway. The paint job on the face and the hairsculpt could have been better, but that is easily fixed by someone with painting and sculpting skills (like me!). Oh and the missing chain, also easily fixed.

The DCD Joker isn't really all that bad. The face sculpt is actually more accurate than the first HT Joker.
The only complaints I would make otherwwise is the grey coat is too bulky, removing it makes the figure look much better. Not exactly screen accurate, but in my opinion it's not that noticeable in the film anyway. The paint job on the face and the hairsculpt could have been better, but that is easily fixed by someone with painting and sculpting skills (like me!). Oh and the missing chain, also easily fixed.
The DCD scupt is actually the most accurate one(apart from the scars).The sculpt is a 3D scan of Ledger's face or so says the scluptor of the figure, it's the hair and the scars that are sculpted by hand.

Last edited:
I had to fix all the hands. Those bright purple gloves drove me nuts. It didn't even match the trench coat.

3865116557_fb82c34e80.jpg

3865116529_3073c0ec51.jpg
3865116539_08c932d89e.jpg

Old thread..

But I finally got the DC Direct version today, paid quite a bit for it, the equivalent of $116 actually. Buuut I mean this is 4 years old now and it's in a new condition, plus here in the UK they're certainly not easy to get haha. Plus I can't afford the Hot Toys stuff and I desperately wanted it when it came out, just didn't have money back then, a bit too young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"