DC Showcase - Batman: Death in the Family (Short)

He’s a great Batman. DiMaggio and Greenwood are a close second behind Hamill and Conroy.

I’m really glad they changed up this story. The original comic has some good ideas but is ultimately pretty horrible and silly. It had great artwork and the general idea of killing Robin was huge, but the story itself is not good. The story is important to the mythos, but not good... if that makes sense..The stuff with Iran is unreadable garbage. Way too silly for me and not in line with my vision for Joker.

I'm confused about the Blu-ray release date for this. The trailer there says Blu-ray on 13/10, but elsewhere I've seen that's the digital release and that the Blu-ray won't be out till 26/10.

Greenwood is great, but does that dialogue sound a little... unnatural to anyone else?

I noticed it in a previous clip too. It's all so... expository, hitting beats, desperately trying to get over the emotions. Vietti isn't the best writer.

So I finally watched this and honestly I thought it was a filler incomparison to Under the Red Hood. Some of the choices were shocking to be sure, but the narrative wasn't as ground breaking as I was expected.

Jason either became a punisher gun carrying killer either way. Be it Hush, Red Robin or Red Hood

The twist of Batman dying was definitely a switch.

The original ending with a cameo from a certain character was definitely a nice touch.

This finally made its way to HBO Max and of course you cant make any decisions. Looks like you just get 3/4 different stories to watch.

Nvm, its just random shorts that they paired together under the title.

Last edited:
I got the Blu-ray for Christmas. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Yeah, this was a big disappointment. The writing in particular was far too verbose and overcooked.

Greenwood's performance was a bit shaky as well.

This finally made its way to HBO Max and of course you cant make any decisions. Looks like you just get 3/4 different stories to watch.

Nvm, its just random shorts that they paired together under the title.

Yeah I watched it today and you don’t even get to see the different endings. Wtf...

I was just wondering if the animated movies were being add three months after physical release date on HBO Max only to discover it has already been added. Is t his just got HBO Max or did they change this on DC Universe also. I haven't paid much attention to DCU for a while. I was surprised to see the Deathstroke movie on HBO Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"