dchisholm's art thread! - Part 1

Thread continued!!!!!

Last edited:
these are some new pages for my newest project. it's called "instrumental," and the plan is to make a comic that's around 200-ish pages and to make an accompanying album 'soundtrack.' i haven't posted any new art on here in a long time because i've been working on my doctorate in music, and now i'm almost done (hopefully will graduate in may!!!).

i'm so so psyched about this project--it's about music, life, and the possible end of the world. i'm not going to be posting the whole thing on the internet (like i did with "let's go to UTAH!"), though. i want to pursue submitting this to a few publishers first. but yea. here are some pages!
i would love to know what you think!

instrumental_preview_page_01_by_davechisholm-d5uv855.jpg

instrumental_preview_page_02_by_davechisholm-d5uv8kc.jpg

instrumental_preview_page_03_by_davechisholm-d5uv8ry.jpg

instrumental_preview_page_04_by_davechisholm-d5uv8z4.jpg

instrumental_preview_page_05_by_davechisholm-d5uv96p.jpg

and here's a second pass at the second page--i think the bottom two panels are much better but the top one is a wash. i will probably do a third pass at it! which do you think is better?

another replacement for the second page of this set. i think this one's the best--what do you think, SHH?

ps. i have gotten 28 pages done for this project. i'm so so psyched about it!

instrumental_cover_art_first_pass_by_davechisholm-d5xammf.jpg

here's a first draft cover for my pitch to publishers!

Last edited:
dudes. i'm about 34 pages into this thing and it's going great. i've decided to share the coolest part of the first chapter with y'all, so i hope you like it! this is the first time Tom (main character) plays a newly acquired mysterious trumpet. stuff = not normal, apparently!

instrumental_chapter_1_pages_24_25_by_davechisholm-d5xsgz6.jpg

instrumental_chapter_1_pages_26_27_by_davechisholm-d5xshbr.jpg

i'm so psyched for this. my pitch/proposal is almost done--sending it to publishers soon! be excited with me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"