• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

De Niro and Pacino Reunite for Righteous Kill

New Poster For Righteous Kill

vipb0p.jpg

I like the new poster and I am looking forward to this film. I have a animated GIF avatar for Righteous Kill if anyone's interested
righteouskilloe8.gif

I saw the trailer recently, This is a movie i can't wait to see....One thing i didn't except from the movie is humor. I Though it is was something serious like se7en with brad Pitt and Freeman. Anyways its too early to judge.

This movie has yet to feel like a real movie. All the posters have been cheap looking, the promo-pictures have been not so good quality, and the trailer wasn't put together very well.

It's so odd. I hope it turns out ok.

The last trailer actually has me very excited to see the film. A little more and I'll definitely be there opening day.

When that music kicks in halfway, you can't help but smile. :D

When that music kicks in halfway, you can't help but smile. :D
Especially when it's accompanied by the line " There's not an inch of daylight between them, they're like Lennon and McCartney " and you see them walking out the door together. :woot:

This was the best most cohesive trailer for the movie IMO.

Especially when it's accompanied by the line " There's not an inch of daylight between them, they're like Lennon and McCartney " and you see them walking out the door together. :woot:

This was the best most cohesive trailer for the movie IMO.

I love the bit when it's switching back and forth between them: "It was me", "No, it was my call."

Definitely the best trailer.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20219070_20219072_20218884,00.html

Righteous Kill

righteous-kill_l.jpg

By Jeff Labrecque

When Pacino and De Niro faced off in 1995's Heat, it was a cinematic event even though they had just two scenes together. Now, after 13 years of comparatively uninspired roles, the actors' reunion in Righteous Kill raises the question, What took so long? "It's easier said than done," says De Niro. "I wish at times we had been more proactive, but we weren't. Life, you know?" Initially, the script, about two NYC policemen fighting through political red tape to capture a serial vigilante, called for an old cop/ young cop dynamic. But De Niro, the first to sign on, had a thought: "What about Al?" Turns out 
 Pacino liked the script and connected with the troubled detective: "It's not in my guy's DNA [to retire]," he says of the revamped character. "Probably, his ambition is to die on the job. Sort of like an actor."
OUR TWO CENTS Jon Avnet is no Michael Mann, but these characters and the murky subject matter are right up the Oscar winners' alley. 9/12

I can't contain my excitement for this film. :woot:

Fingers crossed on this one, my expectations are not high so hopefully it is at least solid.

Hmm...I WANT to like this movie...I don't know though. I think it will either be extremly well made, or will just be a lame cop-thriller with its only push to put butts in seats being De Niro and Pacino.

And I hate how the new poster has the tagline waaay bigger than the actual title.

I think it was a pretty good movie then again i am not big on big budgets for everything for a small regular cop film thrill is a good change up. There buddy performance to me is gold and its cool seeing Brian Dennhey again in a movie.
I liked this movie for what it was a pairing of great actors for maybe one last one while both were able too.
Its no Godfather or Heat but its a good wink too Pacino and Deniro's respect for the other actors work.

I doubt this film is any good; I've heard far more about 'Deniro and Pacino' being in it than glowing things about the story or its appeal. I'm afraid it's probably unwatchable.:(

Um I think in this case the point of the film was to put Deniro and Pacino together and i wouldn't worry about performance for Al is a good task masking driving force for a film which he has the better parst in the trailor. I guess i am saying Pacino is a better actor.
I think its a good cop flick as good as any cop show on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"