Deadpool: The Movie

I've always been in favor of a Deadpool movie; and there was some talk about it getting developed after Blade 3 but nothing came of that. It seems that the execs are finding the concept of a psychotic, serial killing mercenary who spouts incoherent ramblings a little too hard a sell.

Also, a lot of the comedy that makes DP great can't really be done on film easily. Firstly, Deadpool wouldn't be able to have celebrity cameos and parodies of the more famous heavyweight characters. Secondly, breaking the fourth wall of a movie doesn't have the same effect as in a comic.

But that being said, an interesting question would be how faithful would the costume be when adapted into the film. Somehow, a red-and-black spandex wearing floozy doesn't look very menacing. Another question would be who the villain ought to be. Any ideas?

who are his enemies?

I've always been in favor of a Deadpool movie; and there was some talk about it getting developed after Blade 3 but nothing came of that. It seems that the execs are finding the concept of a psychotic, serial killing mercenary who spouts incoherent ramblings a little too hard a sell.

Also, a lot of the comedy that makes DP great can't really be done on film easily. Firstly, Deadpool wouldn't be able to have celebrity cameos and parodies of the more famous heavyweight characters. Secondly, breaking the fourth wall of a movie doesn't have the same effect as in a comic.

But that being said, an interesting question would be how faithful would the costume be when adapted into the film. Somehow, a red-and-black spandex wearing floozy doesn't look very menacing. Another question would be who the villain ought to be. Any ideas?

Make it a R-Rated Dark action/comedy.

You do it under Marvel's company to allow for cameos of Marvel characters they already have the rights to. Iron Man and Hulk so far.

Breaking the fourth wall has been done in movies, And can be done in a Deadpool movie, But it isn't a necessity.

The costume obviously wouldn't be spandex. Some type of Batman/Spider-Man-esque armor/fabric hybrid. Wouldn't be hard to pull off at all.

Make it a R-Rated Dark action/comedy.

You do it under Marvel's company to allow for cameos of Marvel characters they already have the rights to. Iron Man and Hulk so far.

Breaking the fourth wall has been done in movies, And can be done in a Deadpool movie, But it isn't a necessity.

The costume obviously wouldn't be spandex. Some type of Batman/Spider-Man-esque armor/fabric hybrid. Wouldn't be hard to pull off at all.

My worry was for a Spider-man-esque costume, especially if you go for a dark action/comedy. While the material worked well for Spider-man, it wouldn't for Deadpool since he's a gun-totting, blade-wielding mercenary. I mean, I don't remember the Punisher dressed as such in his movie (though I could be mistaken). Rather, I think a better approach would be to borrow parts of Agent X's costume though Deadpool's 'Face' needs to be kept.

As for villain, does anyone else think that Tolliver the crime boss (not the Genesis/Tyler Dayspring aspect) would make a good villain? Or what about Taskmaster? Not to mention, I'd love it if Weasel is in it too.

I can never spell the man's name right, but the guy from Robocop I think would be my choice to direct Deadpool. Him or the guy who directed Die Hard, whose name I also can't spell at the moment (too tired).

Whoever would do it, Deadpool needs to be done in a tongue and cheek, over the top 80's action movie style.

Sam Rockwell for Deadpool:

samrockwell.jpg

who are his enemies?

I think the closest he has to a nemesis is T-Ray, someone he killed and "came back," or Ajax/The Attending, the guy in charge of the actual dead pool from the Weapon X program.

What's that supposed to mean?

It means he likes Tarantino. That's it :whatever:

Deadpool annual '97. Check it out for his origins.

Can't decide if I want an origin story or not on this one.

Does any other hero have the potential to blend comedy and action so well? Sounds like a definite greenlight to me.

I wouldn't call Tarantino overrated, but he's definitely not the director needed for Deadpool, I'd say go with Micheal Davies(shoot em' up) for director.

I;m actually in the first thread, i don't know about you guys, but I find that hilarious that I would do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"