The fighting

spiritmight

I don't get it
Reaction score
I've been thinking for a while, and really besides Chow-yun-fat, none of the cast really has any martial arts experience. How do you think they will go about the action sequences? All "normal" and coreographed like a Jet Li movie, or "insanely unrealistic" and completely superhuman, like the Matrix (except on a more over-the-top level) Since alot of the movie seems more realistic than the normal series, I'm starting to wonder.....:huh:

Probably a combination of both. Seems like the best choice.

I think that as long asd it doesn't involve the superhuman people (goku, piccolo...) the fights wil be more realistic

If the fights are more realistic...then I hope that the fight choreography team has a substantial amount of time to prep the "fighters". And let's just say that Chatwin better put in work to convince me that he's got Goku skills.

I don't know, I thin with Goku from a certain point (or at least the final fight with Piccolo) they can go with a real "unrealistic" fighting style if you see my point

I think a decent way to portray the super fast fighting (if they decide to do so) would be to have everything in the background in slow motion, while the fighters are going at a normal speed.

I think a decent way to portray the super fast fighting (if they decide to do so) would be to have everything in the background in slow motion, while the fighters are going at a normal speed.
Wouldn't that be... lame? If they do it right, maybe.

I belive they did that in "the One" at the end when Jet Li was fighting himself. I have a feeling we will see something similar. Personally, I would like realistic but working its towards superhuman to set up the next movie.

I don't know, I thin with Goku from a certain point (or at least the final fight with Piccolo) they can go with a real "unrealistic" fighting style if you see my point

But I doubt that all of Goku's scenes will be filmed in an "unrealistic" fighting style. He'll have to look convincing at some point.

Wouldn't that be... lame? If they do it right, maybe.

I belive they did that in "the One" at the end when Jet Li was fighting himself. I have a feeling we will see something similar. Personally, I would like realistic but working its towards superhuman to set up the next movie.

Exactly...this director has used that technique before. What's to stop him from doing it again?

if 'the One' is any indication of what the fights in this flick will be like...they'll have a loads of wire work, excessive slow mo, a lot of quick cut editing, and plenty of bad camera angles. i hope James Wong watches some Tony Jaa or maybe old school, Hong Kong Jackie Chan because the action is about the only reason i want to see this movie...

...and Emmy Rossum of course. :woot:

... like the Matrix (except on a more over-the-top level)...

I think that “more over-the-top” doesn't even begin to describe what this movie would need. Not to begin the classical, pointless debate (“who would win in a Neo vs. [insert your favourite DB character here] fight?”), but in as much as the two universes can be compared, Dragon Ball's typical fighting level is WAY beyond anything seen in the Matrix movies... at least, by the time DBZ started (I'm not sure when you could pinpoint DB as showing an overall fighting level somewhat similar to that of the Matrix, but I guess it'd be pretty early in the former's story arc). I mean, c'mon, Neo was the only one able to fly at the end of Matrix, while nearly all of the main fighters at DB were shown to have that ability to some degree; and the same could be said about physical strength and speed. We won't even compare ki focusing/projecting abilities... :whatever:

My point is, they may need to think of something completely different that the Matrix, to make it work -and to make it at least a bit reminiscent of the manga/anime. Wirework and SFX are givens, of course, but as for the slow-motion, I can't see it working here... actually, I think they should go the other way: fast-motion. In that respect, the anime could be a good template: a lot of the action made insanely fast and largely untraceable with the eye (even by slowing down the video with your player :woot:), going from one point here to another a few hundred meters there instantly and only seeing glimpses of the effects of the battle on the environment, mixed with some (supposedly slowed-down) brief seconds of any two of the fighters trading punches and kicks at a rate way beyond anything visible... and only at sometimes they would slow down and separate a bit, to try a ki attack.

And if you think about it, all of this might require surprisingly little in the way of martial arts training by the actors; nearly everything would be either camera angles, video editing, wirework, or SFX.

Ki attacks are what i`m most looking forward to seeing

i wonder if they'll have alot ki attacks in this movie.

i hope, this movie is getting worse evrey time i think about it.
i just got finished watching a 3day marathon of the first 3 seasons of dbz and cant wait for tomarrow when season 4 comes out

I think that “more over-the-top” doesn't even begin to describe what this movie would need. Not to begin the classical, pointless debate (“who would win in a Neo vs. [insert your favourite DB character here] fight?”), but in as much as the two universes can be compared, Dragon Ball's typical fighting level is WAY beyond anything seen in the Matrix movies... at least, by the time DBZ started (I'm not sure when you could pinpoint DB as showing an overall fighting level somewhat similar to that of the Matrix, but I guess it'd be pretty early in the former's story arc). I mean, c'mon, Neo was the only one able to fly at the end of Matrix, while nearly all of the main fighters at DB were shown to have that ability to some degree; and the same could be said about physical strength and speed. We won't even compare ki focusing/projecting abilities... :whatever:

My point is, they may need to think of something completely different that the Matrix, to make it work -and to make it at least a bit reminiscent of the manga/anime. Wirework and SFX are givens, of course, but as for the slow-motion, I can't see it working here... actually, I think they should go the other way: fast-motion. In that respect, the anime could be a good template: a lot of the action made insanely fast and largely untraceable with the eye (even by slowing down the video with your player :woot:), going from one point here to another a few hundred meters there instantly and only seeing glimpses of the effects of the battle on the environment, mixed with some (supposedly slowed-down) brief seconds of any two of the fighters trading punches and kicks at a rate way beyond anything visible... and only at sometimes they would slow down and separate a bit, to try a ki attack.

And if you think about it, all of this might require surprisingly little in the way of martial arts training by the actors; nearly everything would be either camera angles, video editing, wirework, or SFX.

Then you will get complaints from fans who actually want to see the fights...not just blurs representing the fight. They might be able to use your ideas for a couple of scenes...but it would get really old really fast.

I dont want to see super fast fights in DB..Save those for DBZ

if 'the One' is any indication of what the fights in this flick will be like...they'll have a loads of wire work, excessive slow mo, a lot of quick cut editing, and plenty of bad camera angles. i hope James Wong watches some Tony Jaa or maybe old school, Hong Kong Jackie Chan because the action is about the only reason i want to see this movie...

...and Emmy Rossum of course. :woot:

i haaate tony jaa:o

Look at Justin's double...he is amazing.

easy...

haterade.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"