Deadpool Deadpool's new continuity

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Okay.

So in Timeline Prime, year 1981 (Cyke was 16 years old), Wade Wilson was at least 25 years old. He was turned into Weapon XI, the rest is history. See XO: Wolverine.

When is the new Deadpool movie (Timeline Sigma) set anyway? Since it's pretty much clear ALL mutants age slower and better in the movieverse, I would say the Deadpool movie is set in 2005. Don't forget Colossus's presence.
This means Wade could be almost 50 at the beginning of the movie.

Oh come on. Why does this forum need to be infested with this craziness.

No one cares.

This is probably set in the not too distant future. Maybe sometime after 2016.

Maybe 2015. Wade must be 50 or 55.

Cyclops is 16 yo in 1983 not in 1981

For some reason I feel like this movie starts in the 90s and moves into the early 2000s. The fashion mixed with the music just makes it seem that way to me, along with Wade's cassette player and the Posh Spice reference.

Iunno, could be stylistic choices or the filmmakers targeting an older demo, but it almost feels like the film is intentionally dating itself.

It's 100% the same character, the same guy. X-MEN ORIGINS is still part of the canon of Timeline Prime, the one not altered by the events of DOFP (early 1973).
As you already know, the timeline has been altered, but we're dealing with the same Wade Wilson. His background past prior to 1973 (DOFP) is supposed to be exactly the same as before. His original mutant powers (super reflexes and precision that he uses while fighting with blades/swords) are still in there.
He was never part of the TEAM X William Stryker assembled in late 1973, the squad Logan quitted in 1975, two years later. This means in 1981 he was never turned into WEAPON XI/"THE DEAD POOL" (optical blast, teleport ability, regenerative factor, adamantium blades/skeleton, brainwashed cyborg brain, stitched mouth).
About his age, in the X-Men cinematic universe mutants - all mutants - age slower and better than humans. Not on the level of Wolverine and Mystique, of course.
That's it. Read my site about the fixed continuity:

X-MEN TIMELINES:
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com

The movie is clearly not set in the past. Look at the cars / car stereo, etc. It's set in present times, and the makers probably never even thought about the continuity with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

It's a reboot, guys.

The movie is clearly not set in the past. Look at the cars / car stereo, etc. It's set in present times, and the makers probably never even thought about the continuity with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

It's a reboot, guys.

It's the same guy. Past or not. No problem.

Honestly, this has been something that has been bugging my friends and I because if it's set in the 80s, Colossus can't be there. If it's set in the 2000s or 2010s, wouldn't Wade be in his 60s? Setting it in the 90s would make Colossus a teenager and would make the most sense. However, this film will through Deadpool talking to the audience reference the original film, but will take place in a more modern setting. Read the leaked script if you can find it, set in the present but reference the past. Just consider Deadpool a mutant anomaly who displaced himself to more modern times when the last timeline ended.

It's the same guy. Past or not. No problem.

Yeah, it's the same guy playing the same character from the comics. No ties to the other movie. No problem, at all. Rest ya brains, guys. It's a movie.

It's a reboot, guys.

This is the character who is rebooted. Not the universe.

It's 100% the same character, the same guy. X-MEN ORIGINS is still part of the canon of Timeline Prime, the one not altered by the events of DOFP (early 1973).
As you already know, the timeline has been altered, but we're dealing with the same Wade Wilson. His background past prior to 1973 (DOFP) is supposed to be exactly the same as before. His original mutant powers (super reflexes and precision that he uses while fighting with blades/swords) are still in there.

X-MEN TIMELINES:

Deadpool 2016 is the new timeline altered but in this movie Wade isnt mutant with superhuman abilities before the operation. Just a canadian mercenary, so human.

Was it ever stated explicitly that he was a mutant in XOW?

It wasn't.
He was never part of the TEAM X William Stryker assembled in late 1973, the squad Logan quitted in 1975, two years later. This means in 1981 he was never turned into WEAPON XI/"THE DEAD POOL" (optical blast, teleport ability, regenerative factor, adamantium blades/skeleton, brainwashed cyborg brain, stitched mouth).
About his age, in the X-Men cinematic universe mutants - all mutants - age slower and better than humans. Not on the level of Wolverine and Mystique, of course.
That's it. Read my site about the fixed continuity:

X-MEN TIMELINES:

From Reynolds...
“[Deadpool] will actually have no connection to the one that was in Wolverine.”

He's been saying this for quite sometime. As have Donner and others. Fans can use DOFP to connect if they like, but it was never the intention for Deadpool in Origins to be the same character as the Deadpool here.

Origins will not be brought up unless Deadpool wants to make fun of it anyways.

Last edited:
Fox' X-Men franchise hasn't cared much about continuity before so why should it suddenly matter a lot now?

Yeah, it's a headache to figure out the X-Men franchises continuity. Best just to go with it imo. As long as changes are for the better it doesn't bother me.

From Reynolds...

He's been saying this for quite sometime. As have Donner and others. Fans can use DOFP to connect if they like, but it was never the intention for Deadpool in Origins to be the same character as the Deadpool here.

Origins will not be brought up unless Deadpool wants to make fun of it anyways.

Yes. they rebooted the character. Like they rebooted Jubilee.

I been reading people speculating that Deadpool starts in the 90s because some of the references and clothing making it seem abit 90s

In Origins we saw him in late 70's, next 80's, here he looks much older, so can be 90's.

Oh gawd my head hurts...why not just erase XMO from everything. That would explain why Sabertooth doesn't poke at Wolverine about being his brother in Xmen. We can go back to Wolverine's original flashes of his surgery which was much more dramatic looking and we can go back to Logan having amnesia because of the surgery not some ¢°&@ adamantium bullet! Plus a better Deadpool.

New confirmation from Kinberg. Sorry guys.

Maybe Wade in Origins wasn't originally a mutant? Just altered or superpowered?

New confirmation from Kinberg. Sorry guys.

Maybe Wade in Origins wasn't originally a mutant? Just altered or superpowered?

Here, I'm going to give you an answer. Wade is a mutant. Everybody who has powers in this series, no matter when they get them are mutants until explicitly stated otherwise. In Origins he is a mutant.

Think about this, Deadpool will reference Origins in this new film. Now while I don't agree with when you place Origins, you and I both agree that it takes place a long time before 2016, which is likely when Deadpool will be set due to the presence of Colossus. So mull over this: this new film will reference Origins directly through Deadpool breaking the fourth wall. Nothing has changed. Deadpool, being the presence he is, likely just recalibrated himself into the future, making that one of his mutant powers.

Wade Wilson is not a mutant in this. Nor should he be and that's that. What is it with this obsession?

Last edited:
Here, I'm going to give you an answer. Wade is a mutant. Everybody who has powers in this series, no matter when they get them are mutants until explicitly stated otherwise. In Origins he is a mutant.

Think about this, Deadpool will reference Origins in this new film. Now while I don't agree with when you place Origins, you and I both agree that it takes place a long time before 2016, which is likely when Deadpool will be set due to the presence of Colossus. So mull over this: this new film will reference Origins directly through Deadpool breaking the fourth wall. Nothing has changed. Deadpool, being the presence he is, likely just recalibrated himself into the future, making that one of his mutant powers.

In the original timeline, Wade Wilson was part of Team X... 1973-1975.
His mutant abilities are "invisible": super reflexes, super agility.
In 1981 he was converted into "Weapon XI". AKA "The Dead Pool".

Anyway, in 1973 Wolverine changed everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"