Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine there'll be some folks who gripe about this Domino not having the chalk white skin, but Beetz looks good in this image. Plus, this is merely a first look. Anything else done to the look could always come later IF the film wants to go in that direction.

Looking good and very true to the comics, cant wait to see Cable.

Only thing I don't like is the cleavage. Its ridiculous in most comic book movies except Wonder Woman.

I imagine there'll be some folks who gripe about this Domino not having the chalk white skin, but Beetz looks good in this image. Plus, this is merely a first look. Anything else done to the look could always come later IF the film wants to go in that direction.

I think people should just accept that this is how Domino looks in the movie. Hoping that she'll look different in the movie is setting yourself up for disappointment. She won't have the chalke-white skin, and there ain't anything to her look that they need to change in post-production.

Only thing I don't like is the cleavage.

Why? What's wrong with being sexy these days?

lol at very true to the comics.
yeah, much better than Hulk movie addaptation, or adult Beast. no doubt

She looks exactly like I expected her to look like. I like it.

I do not particular care about Domino in the comic books. Thus, I am not particular protective about her comic book look,...

Very, very nice. Now if only they could give us a look at Cable.

lol at very true to the comics.
yeah, much better than Hulk movie addaptation, or adult Beast. no doubt

Except for her skin - her look IS very true to the comics.

Wow, I can't believe they actually went with the (natural) dark skin/white spot look. So... stupid. I'm glad they at least kept her afro, but overall... no sir, I don't like it.

I'm not too knowledgeable about Domino. How does she look to you guys that are?

I mean they flipped her skin color obviously, and Domino doesn't have an afro in the comics. But in terms of the costume, yeah it's pretty accurate. I even see a bit of blue and purple in there (which she sometimes has in the comics).

domino-square_0.png

basically.

Cleavage doesn't equal sexy

giphy.gif

She looks great! Sassy and badass. They flipped her skin color (which is no big deal IMO), but went as far as including the purple and blue that's present in many comic book iterations of the character.

It's both gritty and comic book-y, and VERY faithful (unless you can't look beyond her skin).

Df stop quoting me then. You have a different idea on what sexy is then I do. And idky a woman has to be sexy in a cbm anyways.

Move on

They didn't flip her skin color. Comic Domino is not "white" with a black spot on her eye, she's chalk white with a black spot on her eye. This is just... lazy.

The character's been adapted to fit the actress.
As loki brought up like if Pam Grier was cast as Domino.

Domino's **** are always on display in the books. Google her now.

X-23 isn't half-Mexican in the comics either. But in the context of the films, it worked really well so I didn't care that they made that change. I want to see this in the context of the actual film before passing judgment on it.

The first Deadpool set up a more down to Earth and gritty atmosphere anyway, reminiscent of the classic action movies of the 1980s and 1990s - with a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"