AC USM
ASB&R UXM
B U2
CD
JLA
SG
MA

(aren't acronyms great?)

All Star Batman and Robin #5 (it's been a long time, old friend. PS - I don't really like you that much.)
Countdown #50
The Spirit #6
Ultimates 2 #13 (and then I'll buy the trade for whatever reason)

THE SPIRIT #6
MIGHTY AVENGERS #3
MOON KNIGHT #10
ULTIMATE X-MEN #82
ULTIMATES 2 #13 (after a mere 8 months since the last issue, folks!)
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS SPECIAL

Yes, we have two horribly late books coming out this week. The last issue of ULTIMATES 2 shipped 9/27/06. And the last issue of ALL-STAR BATMAN actually shipped almost A FULL YEAR AGO (May 2006). I was getting both and out of sheer disgust I hope to not bother with one, so being a Marvel Zombie I pick to keep Ultimates 2 #13. It's the last issue, and the story has been much, much better. Even if it is rather hard to get worse than ALL-STAR BATMAN. Frank Miller is so past his prime and should just be allowed to fade into history working on his movie adaptations (and, somewhere in a dark corner, pitching a script for ROBOCOP 4).

BTW, I went to a major comic book store in Manhattan yesterday, JIM HANELY'S UNIVERSE, and saw firsthand that Diamond Sales figures don't always show what actually leaves the shelf; the major competitor to MIDTOWN COMICS still has full shelves full of every issue of 52, as well as the first 2-3 issues of ALL-STAR BATMAN and even a first print ULTIMATES #1 there. The reality of sales is that some books are ridiculously overordered and even "hot" books can wind up being sold in half off bin's some 5 years later if a shop can't clear the inventory.

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS SPECIAL is essentially the in-between issue to mark the end of the 8 issue mini and the beginning of the ongoing starting in June. I wonder, couldn't Marvel have simply not bothered with another #1 issue and just retroactively made XM:FC an ongoing? I mean, Marvel has embarrassed themselves in the past when they retroactively converted ongoing titles into "mini's" to cancel them, like NYX and JUBILEE. Why can't they go in the other direction when a mini is becoming an ongoing? And while this book amuses me, it's hardly a top seller so even I am still shocked Marvel is contining it; I'd have much rather seen THE LONERS get an extention. About the only ancedotal evidence to support the move is that XM:FC sells well on newstands (the few that still sell comics) and acts as a sort of MARVEL ADVENTURES X-MEN.

But, any week with THE SPIRIT, DC's most underrated book, is a good one. I also, if I was smarter, officially put ULTIMATE X-MEN on a 3-6 issue notice to improve or get dropped.
Dude, how ****ing pretentious can you get? Honestly. You're constantly talking down to comic book fans when the irony of it all is you're one too.

"Or maybe Marvel fans are bigger gluttons for punishment than DC fans are"

Dude, who the **** do you think you are. I mean, I'm definitely one of the most negative people on this board and even I am tiring of your constant negativity and persistant bashing of Marvel comics. For someone who hates the current climate at Marvel, you sure buy a lot of their books. You turn everything into a DC does this and Marvel doesn't debate when its completely and utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

iloveclones point is completely valid and true. We, the fans you seem to look down and degrade constantly are the only ones to blame for the state of comics. A man can't run a successful business on luck for 7 years, thats fact. You can hate who he is, and what he does and says, but at the end of the day he sells comics. Thats something you can't deny. And your directness to say that fans are "gluttons for punishment" or implying that comic book fans have bad taste constantly because they don't read X-Men First Class or whatever **** you think is the holy grail of Marvel comics is ****ing annoying. People buy comics they like, point blank. I may act like an ******* around here spouting off hate on books, but its pretty much just for jest. I couldn't care less if GNR for example reads PWJ, I give people a hard time, but its all in good fun, or at least I hope. But I can't say the same about you. Your pretentiousness and high horse mentality is just aggravating and I can't fathom why people find you to be so "objective" when you're so clearly not.

I aplogize for the rest of you for derailing this thread. Please continue with your business.

You could've at least fixed the typos.

DC Comics
Batman #665 $2.99
Checkmate #14 $2.99
Countdown #50 $2.99
Justice League Of America #9 $2.99
Spirit #6 $2.99

Marvel Comics

Fallen Son Death Of Captain America Captain America $2.99
Mighty Avengers #3 Cwi $2.99
Moon Knight #10 $2.99
Ultimate X-men #82 $2.99
Ultimates 2 #13 $3.99 (LMAO)
Uncanny X-men #486 $2.99

I really want to read X-Factor, but I want to be caught up when I finally do it my first time.:o

Exiles #94
Uncanny X-men #486
X-factor #19

Mighty Avengers #3 Cwi
Ultimate Spider-man #109
Fallen Son Death Of Captain America Captain America

Marvel Adventures Avengers #13
Moon Knight #10
Ultimate X-men #82

Ultimates 2 #13

Almost everything is subs this week. Great top tier. And seriously, Ultimates 2 #13? I don't even know what to say. Other than wondering if Kevin Smith helped out on the plotting.
subs

Dude, how ****ing pretentious can you get? Honestly. You're constantly talking down to comic book fans when the irony of it all is you're one too.

"Or maybe Marvel fans are bigger gluttons for punishment than DC fans are"

Dude, who the **** do you think you are. I mean, I'm definitely one of the most negative people on this board and even I am tiring of your constant negativity and persistant bashing of Marvel comics. For someone who hates the current climate at Marvel, you sure buy a lot of their books. You turn everything into a DC does this and Marvel doesn't debate when its completely and utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

iloveclones point is completely valid and true. We, the fans you seem to look down and degrade constantly are the only ones to blame for the state of comics. A man can't run a successful business on luck for 7 years, thats fact. You can hate who he is, and what he does and says, but at the end of the day he sells comics. Thats something you can't deny. And your directness to say that fans are "gluttons for punishment" or implying that comic book fans have bad taste constantly because they don't read X-Men First Class or whatever **** you think is the holy grail of Marvel comics is ****ing annoying. People buy comics they like, point blank. I may act like an ******* around here spouting off hate on books, but its pretty much just for jest. I couldn't care less if GNR for example reads PWJ, I give people a hard time, but its all in good fun, or at least I hope. But I can't say the same about you. Your pretentiousness and high horse mentality is just aggravating and I can't fathom why people find you to be so "objective" when you're so clearly not.

I aplogize for the rest of you for derailing this thread. Please continue with your business.

Wow. I think you totally read something into what he said that wasn't there. His two points, about the lateness of Ultimates 2 and All-Star Batman and Robin and the crappiness of X-Men First Class, are both true. (Plus, sale figures aren't always adequate representations of what we're really buying.) I, also, am quite dumbfounded how the hell X-Men First Class got picked up again. It really should say "Marvel Adventures" on the cover.

Countdown #50 $2.99
Justice League Of America #9 $2.99

Cable Deadpool #40 $2.99 Close to dropping
Exiles #94 $2.99 close to dropping
Mighty Avengers #3 $2.99
Uncanny X-men #486 $2.99
X-factor #19 $2.99

Wow. I think you totally read something into what he said that wasn't there. His two points, about the lateness of Ultimates 2 and All-Star Batman and Robin and the crappiness of X-Men First Class, are both true. (Plus, sale figures aren't always adequate representations of what we're really buying.) I, also, am quite dumbfounded how the hell X-Men First Class got picked up again. It really should say "Marvel Adventures" on the cover.

Man, was I asleep in my Business classes.

Man, was I asleep in my Business classes.

Just as Dread stated, many of the top selling books are just sitting on our LCN shelves. I know when I went to Vegas recently, I found about 20 copies of All-Star Superman #1 in one of the stores 25 cent bin. Plus, many comics that don't flood the shelves are sold out before I get to my comic shop two hours after the comics hit the store, like Lone Ranger. SO, when I say sales figures don't adequately represent what we're buying, I mean those of us who are on The Hype, not the comic shops.

Didn't you just count up all the people buying New Avengers? Isn't that proof enough that the Hype is a little closer to reality than a lot here would like to believe? I'm sorry if the unwashed masses are buying things that the higher echelons of comic book taste deem unworthy. But it seems like a lot of them post here. Myself included.

Yeah, the New Avengers surprised me somewhat. But, considering the #2 book was Immortal Iron Fist, it kind of balanced things out a bit more for me.

Dc Comics

Batman #665
Checkmate #14
Countdown #50
Flash The Fastest Man Alive #12
Justice League Of America Var Ed #9
The Spirit #6

Image comics

Madman Atomic Comics New Ptg #1

Marvel Comics

Cable Deadpool #40
Fallen Son Death Of Captain America Captain America