DiCaprio and Ridley Scott to Make "Brave New World"

As long as Leo doesn't play John the Savage, I'm golden.

Universal Studios has been trying to make the film for years but according to the Times Online, the studio’s wrangling over the terms of Huxley’s will have finally been settled and the long dormant project is finally moving ahead. Visionary director Ridley Scott has long been interested in directing the project and according to the article, the film has yet another big name championing for it: Leonardo DiCaprio who will play the key role of John the Savage.

:o

I actually just finished this book three days ago for my English class. It's gonna be a tough adaptation, due to the fact that there isn't really a single likable protagonist.

Universal Studios has been trying to make the film for years but according to the Times Online, the studio’s wrangling over the terms of Huxley’s will have finally been settled and the long dormant project is finally moving ahead. Visionary director Ridley Scott has long been interested in directing the project and according to the article, the film has yet another big name championing for it: Leonardo DiCaprio who will play the key role of John the Savage.

:o

:cmad:

GRRPOSGHOSGWNRGWPRGHANIH PSGSOGNOBSOUBGOWB!

Stop it! You don't look like a f***ing savage, you look like a 12 year old boy! You will always look like a 12 boy! Stop stealing roles that belong to guys that don't look like 12 year old boys! Stop it, just stop!

Has he read the book past the blurb at the back? He's Bernard Marx through and through!

I'm going to close my eyes and when I open them, this will be the official image of John in Brave New World.

^^I know what you're saying. Leo does look very young.

Any way, I'm very excited about this film.

^^I know what you're saying. Leo does look very young.

Any way, I'm very excited about this film.

Clearly Leo is too young looking for this role

leo-dicaprio-this-much.JPG

what's with leo taking every worthwhile role in hollywood with all the acclaimed directors?

Variety has an article claiming that Scott's about to make 'The Forever War.' I hope this film doesn't come before that one, but they both sound intriguing.

I'm excited. I've been wanting a new film version of this novel since I read it in high school English.

Great book, good pick for Director ( wish it was Michael Mann though) Horrible very very horrible pick as John the Savage. I have no problem with Leo, but no god no.

...so how will audiences react to two dicaprio sci-fi flicks back to back?

it shouldnt matter too much if both movies are good, but this kinda stuff can be unpredictable

A Brave New World for Scott and DiCaprio
Source: Risky Biz Blog August 6, 2009

The Risky Biz Blog is reporting that director Ridley Scott is taking on Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World."

Scott will produce the project as a directing vehicle at Universal, while Leonardo DiCaprio is on board to produce as a starring vehicle.

The studio has brought on Apocalypto screenwriter Farhad Safinia to pen the script.

Scott and DiCaprio also will produce via their respective Scott Free and Appian Way banners, with Michael Costigan also producing for Scott Free and George DiCaprio producing at Appian. Peter Cramer is overseeing for Uni.

I was hoping this book would never be adapted...damn. Im not a fan of Ridley Scott especially his adaptations. Blade Runner was watered down and nothing compared to the actual novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"
Brave New World is one of my favorite books and i fear this film has the potential to miss a lot of undertones and themes this book possesses. I can only hope that Leo's talent will help Scott's direction. But other wise im somewhat pissed.

I was hoping this book would never be adapted...damn. Im not a fan of Ridley Scott especially his adaptations. Blade Runner was watered down and nothing compared to the actual novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"
Brave New World is one of my favorite books and i fear this film has the potential to miss a lot of undertones and themes this book possesses. I can only hope that Leo's talent will help Scott's direction. But other wise im somewhat pissed.

Just dont worry about it.....it wont effect your view on the book...so...

Just dont worry about it.....it wont effect your view on the book...so...

No but more people will most likely see this film rather then read the novel, so if the film gives the subject matter a bad rep its gonna urk me. By all means I hope im wrong and Ridley gives us one hell of a movie. But i havent really liked his recent work so i am worried.

Thats the case with a lot of stuff. Just make them feel stupid and inferior. :hehe:

I do it with Watchmen all the time. Even though I love the movie to death.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm way too out of to write somehting coherent.

My only fear about this project is that they'll go the whole genetic engineering route instead of like in the book, where everyone is chemically and psychologically conditioned from the womb...er...bottle.

i always really enjoyed this aspect of the world like making certain castes fear flowerss by running a current through the floor when they try to touch flowers as babies. I mean its a terrible prospect but very interesting.

heres to hoping though!

I think Leo would do fine as John, but he seems like more of a Helmholtz Watson to me. Although, now that I think about it, have him grow in the goatee like in Blood Diamond or The Departed, and he could look like the perfect John.

Marx is the only main character that I think he WOULDN'T be suited for, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've read the book, but I thought Marx was supposed to be short, dark haired, scrawny and the type of person no one would pay attention to if he walked into a room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"