Dick Grayson Casting Thread

He reminds me of Aaron Tveit, who would be much better.

Interesting choice Fatbat86... or should I say Bug Hall...

kcStq6rj_400x400.jpg

Alfalfa-Little-Rascals-Bug-Hall.jpeg

Bit of a weird one but Bug Hall looks the part these days minus the beard.. Yes, Alfalfa ???? #Aaaahbiteme

You are joking, right?

For me Dylan O'Brien or Logan Lerman

Dylan O'Brien

f6hbwQz.jpg

When Kane's right, he's right. O'Brien's really got the perfect energy for the character.
Man I always see these two casted for Robin or Spider-Man. Lol

If you're casting Dick Grayson, looking at guys who could've been Peter Parker but didn't make the cut isn't a bad place to start.

I like Glen Powell for the role. In Expendables 3 he played a gymnastic techie, in Everybody Wants Some a constant jokster, and in Hidden Figures he played John Glenn, a unanimous symbol of classy, heroic masculinity.

What about Joe Keery of Stranger Things fame? I think he would be an ideal Dick Greyson. Especially after season 2, where he shows quite a bit of depth, switching flawlessly between a kind and compassionate person and a brash, somewhat cocky, teenager.

Plus, he has the look.

GettyImages-546360996.jpg

Him or O'Brien would work, I'm probably leaning more towards the latter due to the look.

What about Joe Keery of Stranger Things fame? I think he would be an ideal Dick Greyson. Especially after season 2, where he shows quite a bit of depth, switching flawlessly between a kind and compassionate person and a brash, somewhat cocky, teenager.

Plus, he has the look.

He really doesn't.

I think we might have to face the fact that no one is going to have the perfect look.

Unless they cast a male model

Plus, he has the look.

Too goofy looking

I'd prefer someone that looks more physically threatening for Grayson.

That's just it though, he's never supposed to look like that. He's pretty much always been a boy band looking mother****er that was trained by Batman, which makes him all the more deadly.

Eh, maybe. Shouldn't this version of Grayson be about 30 years old though?

Depends on the age of the new actor and the timeline in Reeves' movie.

Yeah I've never thought of Nightwing as physically imposing. Batman yes but he should contrast with Dick

I doubt they'd set a prequel too far in the past. Bruce is what, 45? 20 years as Batman, with the first Robin for roughly half that time? I'd guess that Dick became Nightwing around 20 years old, which would leave enough time for the Jason storyline to happen.

Just speculating since I can't sleep.

I doubt that Reeves is going to feel beholden to a specific age that Snyder had in mind.

It seems Reeves isn't a fan of anything within the DCFU. He wants this film to be his own.

I think it's less of "he doesn't like what the DCFU has had so far" and more that he wants to be able to put his own spin on the character. The DC Universe has been "unique" in the sense that one guy was in charge of the designs/introductions for all of the main heroes. A guy like Matt Reeves probably doesn't want to be directing "Zack Snyder's Batman" but "Matt Reeves' Batman." Whether he likes what Zack has done or not.

Last edited:

Plus, he has the look.

I actually wouldn’t be even a little bit surprised if he were cast. The fan community would throw a fit because he’s not traditionally handsome, but I think he’d silence most of his detractors once the movie came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"