Dick Grayson Casting Thread

aiv4iqv.jpg
I like this choice. He definitely has the build.

Gah, hope we never get a Robin on film again. Probably will, if this is loosely connected to the Snyder stuff before continuity wise, but ehh.

Always just felt so out-of-character to me, Bruce exposing a protege to all the risks of his own pretty-insane life. Especially when they all seem to start out as kids. "Bruce Wayne taking a 12 year old with a staff out into Skid Row to fight La Cosa Nostra with uzis" kinda...automatically takes him out of "good guy" sympathetic territory to me, pretty much makes The Punisher of all people seem sane by comparison.
That’s true of the comics and why I never got into the comics - for me. However - as an idea, a story - I think it’s cool and I like the way Nolan did it.
My idea or my perfect take - which is is just limited to my mind - Bruce takes the kid in and prepares him for the real world. Gets him fit, healthy and active with mma, sports and the community! He knows Dick is going to want to follow his footsteps so he beat prepares him - up until he is 18, Dick is at home, repairing bikes, gadgets, intel, investigating.. Dick is raised well and he isn’t stupid to put himself in a situation - but as a teenager as all teenagers do, they get mixed up in the wrong crowd or wrong place at the right time and he is able to come out unscathed. So yeah Robin has always been a side kick but helping in different ways and he becomes nightwing as the finished article!

I'd have Bruce bring in Dick and Jason at the same time. Have the story focus on him attempting to give these two orphaned kids a fighting chance. The intention was never to recruit them, but to give them the tools he never had at that age.

Only he can't get through to Jason, who steals a prototype Batsuit at night (similar to the Robin suit of course) and take his rage out on criminals. And then this is what thrusts Dick (couldn't help myself) into action, basically to try to intervene.

Honestly, it's kinda just a rip off of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. You got these two brothers that grow up under the same roof, but with such wildly different ideologies that one eventually rebels against the father, only to "die" because of it.

I'd have Bruce bring in Dick and Jason at the same time. Have the story focus on him attempting to give these two orphaned kids a fighting chance. The intention was never to recruit them, but to give them the tools he never had at that age.

Only he can't get through to Jason, who steals a prototype Batsuit at night (similar to the Robin suit of course) and take his rage out on criminals. And then this is what thrusts Dick (couldn't help myself) into action, basically to try to intervene.

Honestly, it's kinda just a rip off of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. You got these two brothers that grow up under the same roof, but with such wildly different ideologies that one eventually rebels against the father, only to "die" because of it.

This sounds cliche and done before... having said that, it still feels fresh and would look great on screen if done properly and actually sounds plausible in 'real world' terms... i like it a lot.

This sounds cliche and done before... having said that, it still feels fresh and would look great on screen if done properly and actually sounds plausible in 'real world' terms... i like it a lot.

Haha definitely cliche. Like I said, I ripped off the idea from JoJo which ripped it off from every other melodrama. bad place, Thor has clearly done this as well. But it'd be a nice way of diving into the Batfamily without having Bruce look like a repeat offender when it comes to child endangerment.

Plus I like the idea of this being something that comes back to Bruce and Dick 10-15 years later. This decades spanning tragedy and the mystery of how it has come back to haunt them. And also how drastically different Jason's death affected them both. Lots to play around with there dramatically and structurally even.

Gah, hope we never get a Robin on film again. Probably will, if this is loosely connected to the Snyder stuff before continuity wise, but ehh.

Always just felt so out-of-character to me, Bruce exposing a protege to all the risks of his own pretty-insane life. Especially when they all seem to start out as kids. "Bruce Wayne taking a 12 year old with a staff out into Skid Row to fight La Cosa Nostra with uzis" kinda...automatically takes him out of "good guy" sympathetic territory to me, pretty much makes The Punisher of all people seem sane by comparison.

I reckon it makes sense. First of all dick isn’t just an average kid, he helps batman heaps and has saved his life many times plus it gives him someone to bounce off. And also, it shows Batman’s empathy because he and dick have both suffered tragedy and batman doesn’t want him to be alone like he felt.

Call me by your bat signal

7df3a9d339bb6c03ac2661ea00f518a4.gif

tumblr_n5qos5S07H1qire1qo3_250.gif

she was my fave part of Kick ash so.... gimme forking 7 yrs old badass Dick Grayson

I doubt whoever is cast as Robin is gonna be older than 18 if Taron Egerton is one of the options for Batman. Just saying.

Finn Wolfhard.
He'd be better as Klarion the Witchboy. Plus that dude is in everything nowadays. Better to get a newcomer, and someone even younger than Wolfhard. I want to see Grayson's origin unfold in realtime instead of flashbacks.

Even though they’d both be great in the roles, Chalamet and Hammer should be avoided to avoid the Batman and Robin are gay jokes

Even though they’d both be great in the roles, Chalamet and Hammer should be avoided to avoid the Batman and Robin are gay jokes
I'd like Hammer for Batman role.
But this situation would launch epic memes. :funny:
Heck, that BatHammer rumor already created CMbYN jokes on Twitter.

Too young looking, not in 'Jared Leto young' either. He's in his mid 20s and still playing coming of age roles.

As someone else has already pointed out, it is a point of contention even in the comics. But it may not be as big of an issue if Reeves is going the detective route and Batman gives Robin on the job training as a detective but then is the primary skull-cracker in the dangerous fighting situations

Of course it's still a big deal, playing up the detective element or no.

Only way you can dull the irresponsibility of it all is if Robin starts as an adult like Forever or the way Nolan approached it, which was fine for what that was. But even then it's kinda strange characterization-wise, Bruce exposing someone else to all of this type of stuff. It works in a light campy sense like the 60s show where there's nothing really horrible going on, but if you're going for grit, don't bring in Robin. It just makes Bruce seem like either an ***hole or genuinely being insane with crappy judgement. Better off just having him working work Gordon to crack cases, and whatever momentary allies he comes across.

I think we probably will see Grayson at some point, but I'm not sure when. And with this focusing on a younger Batman, it makes me wonder if it'll be in this trilogy

I think we probably will see Grayson at some point, but I'm not sure when. And with this focusing on a younger Batman, it makes me wonder if it'll be in this trilogy

Hope so. I feel like it’s time to try and do the bat family well in live action.

Of course it's still a big deal, playing up the detective element or no.

Only way you can dull the irresponsibility of it all is if Robin starts as an adult like Forever or the way Nolan approached it, which was fine for what that was. But even then it's kinda strange characterization-wise, Bruce exposing someone else to all of this type of stuff. It works in a light campy sense like the 60s show where there's nothing really horrible going on, but if you're going for grit, don't bring in Robin. It just makes Bruce seem like either an ***hole or genuinely being insane with crappy judgement. Better off just having him working work Gordon to crack cases, and whatever momentary allies he comes across.

I totally see your point. However I could see it in a sense where Dick is already scarred by the world he has seen. He is so immersed in the ugliness having held his dying parents that the damage is done and detective/vigilante work is cathartic.

Agreed that it isn’t easy to pull off because the risk of Bruce coming off as a psycho or a jerk is very real, but pulling it off is not completely out of the question. And I could see that it is ambitious enough that if it is pulled off it could be pretty impressive from a story standpoint

Nick Robinson (Jurassic World)
Fionn Whitehead (Dunkirk, Black Mirror Bandersnatch)
Lucas Jade Zumann (Sinister 2, 20th Century Women)
Levi Miller (Pan, A Wrinkle In Time)

I totally see your point. However I could see it in a sense where Dick is already scarred by the world he has seen. He is so immersed in the ugliness having held his dying parents that the damage is done and detective/vigilante work is cathartic.

Agreed that it isn’t easy to pull off because the risk of Bruce coming off as a psycho or a jerk is very real, but pulling it off is not completely out of the question. And I could see that it is ambitious enough that if it is pulled off it could be pretty impressive from a story standpoint

I guess they could make it work if they establish that Dick would be out doing this on his own anyways, and Batman training him would actually make him MORE safe in the sense he would have actual combat skills, armor, tools, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"