Robin's own feature film?

I think Robin should have his own film in the future. I think it should be Tim Drake put I also prefer Dick Grayson the original and the best Robin. But after he makes his debut in a future Batman film. Maybe he won't appear in either The Dark Knight or it's sequel. But maybe a fourth Bat film. Perhaps Batman Begins,The Dark Knight and it's sequel are the Year One trilogy and maybe there could be a Year Two trilogy where Dick Grayson a.k.a. Robin the Boy Wonder appears and then Robin could have his own film or trilogy of films.

:gl: :batty: :super:

I have always found Batman interesting when Robin was with him. If Robin hadn't been created at all I would have not been the rabid Bat Fan I am. Batman and Robin were always a great team. I used to love watching Batman and Robin in the cartoons when I was little including The New Adventures of Batman and the superman-Batman hour. And he was great in TAS. He was no longer the holy this holy that sidekick from the TV show but a straightforward character. I like Dick Grayson as Robin but I also thought Tim Drake was good as Robin as well. Robin makes Batman feel like a father figure or an older brother. Robin is the light in Batman's dark world. I have always liked Robin's colorful costume and I have also like Robin's updated costume with a black cape as worn by Tim Drake. He is a great detective alongside Batman. I would love to see Batman and Robin team up in a future film but I think it would be cool if Robin alias either Dick Grayson or Tim Drake got their own film or trilogy of films.

:super: :gl: :batty:

Iron Man said:
I once wrote an idea down (about 3 months ago) where Dick Grayson/Robin is in his own feature film...without Batman. (Well, Bruce Wayne is there, he's just not Batman anymore) The story goes like this...

"Dick Grayson is a smart young man working for Wayne Enterprises, Bruce Wayne's company. When Bruce is so impressed by Grayson's work, he invites Dick to his granddaughter's birthday party, (who Dick is in love with) but Bruce has another suprise for Grayson. When Grayson arrives at Wayne Manor, he falls through a mysterious hole, leading him into the BatCave. He finds Batman's costumes, arsenal, and Batmobile. Bruce Wayne then steps in, and tells Grayson his origin. (Please be aware that Wayne is about 70 by now) Grayson is offered the life of a superhero and accepts. He becomes ROBIN, the Boy Wonder (well, the Man Wonder) and fights the crime in Gotham City. He becomes an instant celebrity, and loves the attention, but will it consume him?......"

I didn't really think of a villain (like Joker or Two-Face) but I think it'd be great to see Robin in his own series of movies if he's not going to be in Nolan's Batman series. What do YOU think?

Sounds like you had a total re-imagining of the character.

One idea I had for this movie which I thought would be extremely cool, yet possibly very technical and very expensive... also, a scene from POTC2 reminded me of the thought I had:

A camera, whos POV is anchored with Robin as opposed to the ground. Robin does his flips and sweep and cartwheels and the camera swings and flips with him and you watch things from 'Robin's POV' as he bounces from thug to thug, much the way the camera follows Spider-Man as he swings, and the turn of the water wheel in POTC2... it could be dynamic and set the film apart and works best for short chains during a fight scene for acrobatic character like Dick Grayson...

That said, I'd say PG-13 it, hype it up real big and let the kids have a new favorite superhero...

GL1 said:
I thought a Robin movie should actually follow the plot of the comics, where a circus kid loses his parents and gets taken in by Bruce Wayne. The background explains a younger person would be any good at acrobatics, swinging, throwing weapons, disguises and sleight of hand that would make him useful at all to Bruce Wayne's mission.

You put him through his paces, give him a young love interest -- call her Alice and make her a target for Mad Hatter, you brining in Killer Croc for muscle and we can attatch them emotionally by having them come from the same circus.

Keep Batman in the background as a harsh trainer and let Robin fly Solo, as he almost always does, in an effort to stop Mad Hatter and prove himself. Done deal.

Yeah, I like this idea. Although Christian Bale has turned down cameo roles in the past (like in The Rules Of Attraction, but honestly he his part would've been so inconsequential and pointless it's a good thing he declined, and American Psycho 2, which was a bastardisation anyway) I'm sure, or would at least hope, that he and Michael Caine would cameo for a solo Robin movie.

Half the film dealing with Grayson, his training under Bruce and his transition into Robin (obviously he won't be as uber-good as Batman), the next half about Mad Hatter/Killer Croc or whoever and Robin proving himself.

Then you can either transition into a new Batman movie where Robin cameos, and then flash forward to a Nightwing movie because by then Nolan's trilogy would probably be over so we could jump to Nightwing and if they did another Batman movie they could introduce Tim Drake or even Jason Todd and have Nightwing cameo.

I wish they;d do something like that :batty:

SpeedballLives said:
I think a Nightwing movie would work better than a Robin movie.
Have to agree with you there. Nightwing NEEDS his own Movie!

SpeedballLives said:
I think a Nightwing movie would work better than a Robin movie.

This always confuses me...

1) They're the same character.

2) Batman: Year One/Two/Three is of the same (a lower) experience level of a Nightwing, has the same method of Operation, much of the same supporting cast and generally, is like making Batman "2" with a different character.

3) Robin's costume can be updated, just as it has been in comics.

GL1 said:
This always confuses me...

1) They're the same character.

2) Batman: Year One/Two/Three is of the same (a lower) experience level of a Nightwing, has the same method of Operation, much of the same supporting cast and generally, is like making Batman "2" with a different character.

3) Robin's costume can be updated, just as it has been in comics.
People always say the same crap. "Nightwing is cooler than Robin." What they really mean to say is "Nightwing's costume is cooler than Robin's," because that's pretty much the only difference. And when they say that, they always think of the yellow cape and green underwear, because heaven forbid Robin be included in a movie wearing Tim Drake's costume or an amalgamation of Robin & Nightwing's suits. :whatever:

Make it a trilogy.

First one with him being Robin and at the end having a falling out with Bruce making him into Nightwing.

Second one starts off with him being Nightwing protecting Bludhaven from whatever goon was in the first 100issues or so of the Nightwing solo (Desmond whateverthe****, it slipped my mind) with the end having him go back to Bruce to reconnect only to find out that theres a new robin

Third onf starts off with there being a new robin and Dick teaching him the "more finer" points of being a robin that Bruce could never teach ending with Dick getting shot and Tim saying he'll take up the Nightwing Mantle.

Something like that, though it would probably be better suited for TV stuff, not actual big movies.

For those of you who don't want to spend the time or disk space downloading the fanfilm at theforce.net, you can also see it at Youtube:

Grayson

It's only a very slight drop in quality from the hi-res version on theforce.net.

I also highly reccommend the 30-minute "making of" video, "Grayson: Pieces of the Puzzle." It's truly amazing to see what John Fiorella was able to do with his extremely limited resources.

Pieces of the Puzzle

Iron Man said:
I once wrote an idea down (about 3 months ago) where Dick Grayson/Robin is in his own feature film...without Batman. (Well, Bruce Wayne is there, he's just not Batman anymore) The story goes like this...

"Dick Grayson is a smart young man working for Wayne Enterprises, Bruce Wayne's company. When Bruce is so impressed by Grayson's work, he invites Dick to his granddaughter's birthday party, (who Dick is in love with) but Bruce has another suprise for Grayson. When Grayson arrives at Wayne Manor, he falls through a mysterious hole, leading him into the BatCave. He finds Batman's costumes, arsenal, and Batmobile. Bruce Wayne then steps in, and tells Grayson his origin. (Please be aware that Wayne is about 70 by now) Grayson is offered the life of a superhero and accepts. He becomes ROBIN, the Boy Wonder (well, the Man Wonder) and fights the crime in Gotham City. He becomes an instant celebrity, and loves the attention, but will it consume him?......"

I didn't really think of a villain (like Joker or Two-Face) but I think it'd be great to see Robin in his own series of movies if he's not going to be in Nolan's Batman series. What do YOU think?

this is really more like Batman Beyond than anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"