Comics Did anyone here...

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Joined
Jul 13, 2001
Messages
35,629
Reaction score
1
Points
31
hate the black costume? I mean, just really not like that look for Spidey at all?:spidey:
 
You really make too many threads :o

And no I never hated it.
 
Doc Ock said:
You really make too many threads :o

And no I never hated it.

Never hated it.

And its true CW, you make HUNDREDS of threads, the hype stopped counting them after you'd made 500...
 
Chris Wallace said:

Well if I made a thread every time I asked a question the boards'd be clogged up mate. :p
 
If I can fit a question into an existing thread I do, but not if it's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand; kinda like this is.
 
You could have stuck it in the Iron Spider thread or the other hundred costume threads.
 
I love the black costume as much as I love the red and black costume...and that is slightly more than an obese child loves bakery goods
 
Uh...the black costume OWNS. Period.
 
I was buying Spidey comics when the Black costume was introduced, and while I didn't hate it, I didn't think it was the right look for Spidey and was glad that he went back to his red'n blues about 6 issues later.

Though when he wore the black suit that the Black Cat made for him, it was a rough 3 years that followed... because Spidey is iconic enough that you should never change his looks, same as Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman. There can be temporary costumes for the sake of a story, but never anything permanent.

Amazing Spider-Man #301 had a sweet, sweet long-awaited cover... in my opinion.

:)
 
Yeah....When I think "Spidey", I think "Red & Blue". The Black suit still owns, though.
 
I agree that I don't think it's the right 'look' for Spidey, but the black costume represents something more than what it is: it represents the golden age of Spider-Man, IMO. The stories written in that time are what I consider to be his best.
 
Those Were Some Good Stories, I'll Give You That. And No Other Period Has Had As Many Consistently Good Spidey Stories Since.
 
Ash says:

"Next person who says 'iconic' gets a big helpin' of BOOMSTICK!"
boomstick.jpg
 
Chris Wallace said:
Those Were Some Good Stories, I'll Give You That. And No Other Period Has Had As Many Consistently Good Spidey Stories Since.

It's funny... the pre-black costume era was the Roger Stern run, arguably the third best run in ASM history (behind Stan's & Marv Wolfman's), yet the Tom Defalco era, which was basically the black costume time, was pretty decent. I wouldn't say "great", but really decent.

I will admit that Spidey's writers haven't been all that good in nearly 20 years. :(
 
What Are Some Of The Highlights From Stern's Run?
 
Chris Wallace said:
What Are Some Of The Highlights From Stern's Run?

My god... the creation of the HobGoblin, the epic battle between Spidey & the Juggernaut, the kid who collected Spider-Man, the long-awaited return of Mary Jane (she was absent from the book for about 5 years prior to his writing her back in... she took off after Peter proposed to her the first time), some great insights on the origin of the Vulture, a great story involving the original Tarantula, Will'O the Wisp & that evil corporation, Brand, another one with Cobra & Mr.Hyde...

It's all good! :up:

:)
 
WOLVERINE25TH said:
Ash says:

"Next person who says 'iconic' gets a big helpin' of BOOMSTICK!"
boomstick.jpg


I love Army of Darkness...it's so Iconic
 
I could definitely see someone saying the black suit doesn't fit with Spider-Man, but still, it's an awesome design.
 
Themanofbat said:
My god... the creation of the HobGoblin, the epic battle between Spidey & the Juggernaut, the kid who collected Spider-Man, the long-awaited return of Mary Jane (she was absent from the book for about 5 years prior to his writing her back in... she took off after Peter proposed to her the first time), some great insights on the origin of the Vulture, a great story involving the original Tarantula, Will'O the Wisp & that evil company, Roxxon, another one with Cobra & Mr.Hyde...

It's all good! :up:

:)
Oh, boy. You're right. Those are all gems. Now the Cobra & Hyde-is that the one where Hyde was p.o.'d at Cobra & spent half the book w/his hand webbed to Cobra?
 
Chris Wallace said:
Oh, boy. You're right. Those are all gems. Now the Cobra & Hyde-is that the one where Hyde was p.o.'d at Cobra & spent half the book w/his hand webbed to Cobra?

Yeah... Spidey tosses Cobra to Hyde, and Hyde's hand is gooped up with webbing attached to Cobra's head. :D :up:

:)
 
Now see, here I'm forced to agree with you. That was some great storytelling, & while there's been good stuff here & there, nothing has been that good in a while.
Who wrote the return of the burglar?
 
WOLVERINE25TH said:
Black costume rules!

Iron Spidey drools.


Aloha,
Gee that sounds familiar.:) And I completely agree
Spidey rules
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"