Did Bruce ever got married?

Lorendiac said:
Actually, the marriage you refer to is a bit trickier than that. As I recall, way back in the 1970s Denny O'Neil wrote a story in which Batman was somehow rendered unconscious (I forget how) and then woke up aboard a ship belonging to Ra's al Ghul. Ra's basically said something like, "Congratulations, Detective! You are now married to my daughter!"

Batman says pointedly, "I don't remember saying 'I do!'" Ra's regards that as an unimportant detail, explaining that in the native culture of Talia's mother (I think), all that is necessary is for the girl to voluntarily say "I hereby marry you" or words to that effect. Which Talia did while Bruce was still unconscious.

So Ra's feeds them a sumptuous dinner to celebrate the wedding and then locks them up in a stateroom aboard the ship so they can have a wedding night together. Batman knocks Talia unconscious, picks the lock on the door, and escapes back to the mainland to do something-or-other to foil Ra's al Ghul's latest scheme.

That story is reprinted in the TPB "Tales of the Demon," along with a bunch of other stories Denny wrote at different times in the 1970s about Batman, Talia, and Ra's.

All of the above "really happened" in the continuity of the 1970s.

So Talia is referring to that old story when, in "Son of the Demon," she reminds Batman of a time when she consented to their marriage. He says something like "I remember. But it's hard for me to think of that 'marriage' as real." Then she throws herself at him and they basically end up consummating their marriage -- probably some years after they "got married" in the first place (according to her mother's native culture's laws, whatever that culture may be).

For months after that (still in the pages of "Son of the Demon") they live together, apparently with Batman thinking of himself as being "married" to her, more or less. By the very end of that graphic novel they've broken up. But the "marriage" had technically happened, at least from Talia's point of view, years earlier in that old Denny O'Neil story, and as far as I know, that part is still in continuity and always has been! (Just not the part about Batman and Talia later having sex to "consummate" the marriage in "Son of the Demon.")

And now I hear reports that Grant Morrison has explicitly said he intends to drag "Son of the Demon" back into continuity, so that we can find out what happened to the child of Talia and Batman. (At the end of that story, she had told him she miscarried, but actually she put the kid up for adoption. The baby boy hasn't been heard from since, partially because Denny O'Neil later insisted "Son of the Demon" was way outside of continuity.)

Was all that clear as mud? :)

:ghost: *head spins*

But wait. Since Grant Morisson is bringing back Ibn, does this mean that Bruce and Talia are......... still married? That would make the situation w/ Selena's child all the more f**ked up. And we all know that they're probably going to let us marinate in our little pots of mystery over who's who's daddy and who isn't. God help us all.:(

I did not read but I made a thread asking about his relationship with Wonder Woman and appearently a few sparks flew but it did not work out and now she is mad at him and vice versa or something.

trustyside-kick said:
I did not read but I made a thread asking about his relationship with Wonder Woman and appearently a few sparks flew but it did not work out and now she is mad at him and vice versa or something.

She isn't mad at him anymore, but before it was the other way around. He was angry at her for killing Maxwell Lord, but the ledger between them ended toward the end of Infinite Crisis #7.

Oh ok. See my brother has all of IC just I have not sat down and read them yet. I dunno, I cannot just start reading something unless there is a motivation to. :p

It's certainly worth the read. There are some good Batman moments throughout. Plus, you can get all the story at once. The rest of us had to wait months for this damn thing to come to an end.

Oh ya I know that and all. I just need the push to do it. Maybe when I read some stories I am more anxious to read I will read IC. Just depends on my mood. :p

*pushes t-k*

DO IT NOW! :p

Well I really would like to read the War Games saga and I downloaded War Drums and War Games and my brother has War Crimes issues so I planned on reading those first. After that Identity Crisis and then Infinite Crisis.

batman2505 said:
do u think he will ever have a chance with wonder woman?

My friend, I think the real question is - Would he be able to handle Wonder Woman?:marv:

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Bats? **** yeah

I don't know. I mean bullets can't even penetrate her. And, as we all know, she can be pretty rough. I think she'd be the one cowgirl to kill the horse, if you know what I mean:cool: !

I think Selina married him in her dreams. In an Annual, I believe.

Fledermaus said:
I think Selina married him in her dreams. In an Annual, I believe.

Also, in Grant Morrison's run on the JLA in the late 90s, there was a story where the Key had trapped the minds of the JLA inside dream worlds to keep them distracted . . . for awhile. He knew they'd break loose sooner or later, and that was all part of his plan :)

In Batman's case, in his dream he was around sixty years old and happily married to Selina, with at least one child. He eventually figured out what was wrong, however, and as he turned away from her pleas to come back and help fight the Joker to save their kid (I think), he said something like, "We have no son, Selina. I'm sorry, but you aren't real." (That is not an exact quote.)

Still, as near as I can recall, his own subconscious must have been inspired to invent that scenario as a "dream world" that he would like to inhabit if he could. Just as Superman was dreaming about a world where Krypton was still in one piece.

Nah, Bats knows how to tame her.......or....er....wait....I just got it. Whoa..that's one cowgirl that can ride this horse anytime.....

Okay, perverted comment out of the way.

Talia's about it I guess. Although, how serious did he ever get with Vicki?

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Although, how serious did he ever get with Vicki?

His relationship with Vicki was a bit torn, considering she was both romantically attached to him whether he was Batman or Bruce Wayne. She always had her assumptions that it was him who was under the mask, but he always found a way too make her think otherwise. There was nothing so serious between them as marriage when they were together.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Nah, Bats knows how to tame her.......or....er....wait....I just got it. Whoa..that's one cowgirl that can ride this horse anytime.....

Okay, perverted comment out of the way.

Talia's about it I guess. Although, how serious did he ever get with Vicki?

You, my friend, are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"