The Winter Soldier Director for Cap 2(If JJ doesn't return)

kedrell

Fork&SpoonOperator
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that JJ was interested in staying on for the sequel but until it's confirmed I thought maybe we should have a discussion about who would be a good replacement if such an event happens to occur.

So let's start throwing out names.

I'd like it if Joe Carnahan got a swing at it. He's a bit of a fanboy from what I know so he'd approach the film probably from a position of loving the source material. He's made two great movies and two so-so movies but he's definitely got talent and that makes him an option to consider in my book.

I could have sworn that JJ signed on for 2 films. I'll have to go check.......

Last edited:
Well that didn't take long. Yes I was right JJ has signed on for 2 Captin America films.:

As far as Johnston’s continuing role within the Marvel Universe, there are endless possibilities, and few guarantees.
“Well I only signed on for two. The actors have to sign on for six, at least six, and I only sign on for two which is not to say that I wouldn’t agree to do more or that they would ask me to do more — I don’t know. But my point is that there are thousands of characters in the Marvel Universe, of which I am only familiar with a very few of them and it might be interesting to sort of go into the Marvel vault and find a character that you can develop a whole story around. I would definitely be interested in doing that.”

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-2-director-joe-johnston-the-winter-soldier-rothc-123912/

Excellent then. He deserves it. Ok mods, I guess you can close this thread then.

well you really don't have to close it, he still might not direct cap 2, he might want to direct something else for marvel though

or he might direct cap 2

it's all speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"