Justice League Who would you pick to replace Zack Snyder if he doesn't return for JL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys this thread was fun while it lasted, but JL starts filming as planned in about two days. If there was a director swap or delay I think we would have heard it by now. The best to hope for now is Snyder getting phased out of the DCEU brain trust and not directing JL 2. That is to say if your not a fan of his.

I just don't see him delivering a JL that is loved by everyone or that breaks BO totals.

I just don't see him delivering a JL that is loved by everyone or that breaks BO totals.
You don't see it because it's not going to happen. The film will be lucky to hit 850-900mil in total.

I don't give two craps about the vapid Avengers movies but they are crowd pleasers and get good reviews. Most people enjoy them so they will make 1.5 and 1.4 billion worldwide. They are easy to watch films for the masses and as I've stated the critics enjoy them as well to varying degrees. Snyder is not the crowd pleasing type of director.

Last edited:
I think just having a happier ending will make the film more crowd pleasing...so I think it won't take much for Snyder to improve upon BvS' general watchability. Which I assume will mean higher critic ratings. Doubt this will mean matching the Avengers but doing better than BvS is the only thing film absolutely has to do.

If he dials back on the complex story cogs I can see it. I've always said Snyder is a naturally kinetic director who's more suited for popcorn flicks, but instead has opted to be 'more than he is'.

Maybe now WB has more pull in dictating that JL has to be mainstream friendly. I don't imagine Zack suddenly lost the ability to go back to his DoTD/300 sensibilities.

I just don't see how a Snyder JL will do this franchise any favors with the majority of audiences and critics. Doubling down in this scenario will not be for the best.

If he dials back on the complex story cogs I can see it. I've always said Snyder is a naturally kinetic director who's more suited for popcorn flicks, but instead has opted to be 'more than he is'.

Maybe now WB has more pull in dictating that JL has to be mainstream friendly. I don't imagine Zack suddenly lost the ability to go back to his DoTD/300 sensibilities.

I expect JL, atleast part one, will be more of a popcorn film. They've already said it will be lighter and I don't think it's going to be overly complex. Plus I think there were some inherent flaws to having a Batman V Superman film that a lot of us just wanted to overlook. Especially while building a new world. Hopefully these issues won't persist into JL.

I think Snyder can deliver if he just focuses on a simple plot and doesn't add on to it.

*Batman and Diana look for the Metahumans*

*The villain plots during their search*

*Aquaman is the last on the search but the Atlanteans and Amazons are at war*

*The villain uses this to his/her advantage*

*The JL finds out the real villain in the 3rd act*

*There's a big 3rd act showdown in which Superman returns*

*Cliffhanger ending*

Easy money :o

Variety has an update on Snyder, Geoff Johns, and the inter-working of WB and DC.

It's been posted elsewhere, boils down to

-WB had a lot of faith in Snyder, they did knew the film would be criticized for being a "transitional movie", but where not excepting critical panning

-WB does not have a Kevin Fiege type individual. They have a brain trust of people that are unfortunately busy with other things along with being apart of the DCEU brain trust. Example Zack Snyder, director and member of DCEU brain trust, got two big jobs on his plate.

-WB putting a mandate on Snyder for JL to be lighter, more straight forward(less "what does it mean to be a superhero?)" , and a crowd pleaser.

I can't believe no one has yet made a spoof/comedy sketch video parodying Zack Snyder pitching a movie to WB execs.

He comes in with action figures and goes

"Alright. Wouldn't it be cool if.... "

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

If this is true, coming from variety rather than El Mayimbe. And also making sense, I think we could see a JL movie getting better reviews than BVS. Lighter tone already confirmed by Terrio, could make the movie more accessible. Lets be honest Snyder isn't Nolan, he can't pull off making philosophical themes about superheroes.

Making a lighter/simpler JL could be better for Snyder and WB. Still don't see him pulling off crowd pleaser. 70% rt score is the max I see him doing.

Zack Snyder's returning. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back