Discussion: Fat People

My health care plan is tied into the Teacher's health plan for Texas teachers....

For those not in a coop type of program, Medicare is an example....and Universal Health Care will definitely see the impact.

I figured you Health Plan is part of your employer's. But, it should not be regulated like that to where you are force to have higher premiums due to Group Rates. Government designed and regulated the Health Insurance Market to Force Employers to do this while forcing Individual Health Plans into near oblivion. If Government got out of the way, you would be a lot better off and not tied to Big Fatty either.

I agree.......before when we were a total Coop it was worse...its a little better since changing to Blue Cross Blue Shield...

I just signed up with BCBS, I dropped the company insurance and went with an Individual plan. Saving over $500 a year.

Well, my premium is not bad really....I honestly am looking to the future and worrying quite a bit....it would be no problem for my district to op for something the government threw at them if it saved them money. Teachers in Texas FOUGHT for the insurance we have....

But, still tied to Big Fatty.

Whenever I'm in America I absolutely marvel at how large the people there are. It's like a world wonder.

Cruise ships. Americans in swimsuits. Ugh.

Then again, I live in Ontario, which feels like the least healthy and one of the more overweight provinces in Canada. Ontarians can tell I'm not native to the area because I can walk two city blocks without having to breathe through my mouth.

Cruise ships. Americans in swimsuits. Ugh.

Then again, I live in Ontario, which feels like the least healthy and one of the more overweight provinces in Canada. Ontarians can tell I'm not native to the area because I can walk two city blocks without having to breathe through my mouth.

Hey, Ontario......America's North...

So I was skimming through some of Poliquin's old blog archives, and I came across this little gem:

Obviously for a libertarian or the libertarian-esque reader, the answer would be along the lines of: well this is a great argument for government to get the hell out of the way; we wouldn't be entertaining this notion then. I am not disagreeing with you here. So with that bit resolved, I was wondering for the bigger-government-lets-regulate fans here, what do you think of this? Help the environment, raise tax revenues by increasing taxes and cut health care costs. Seems like win win idea for some of you.

Well? :woot:

And welcome to the New World Order...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"