Discussion: State Rights

Which state do you nominate? Texas is one of the most independent and isn't in debt up to its eyeballs like California and other prestigious states. Given the size of the state, the size of the state's population, and the natural resources that it provides to the rest of the nation...I would say that yes, Texas is the best state. :woot:

i actually wish you guys would secede so the rest of the country doesn't have to hear you guys bragging about your backwards state anymore.

Or maybe she thinks she's got a some good years still ahead of her and she's positioning for a run for the white house. It seems very unlikely, but it is a thought that popped into my head.

That was actually what alot of people thought for this election. She was at the speaker position at the 2004 Republican Convention where they usually put future contenders. Then soon after she put out a book....but I don't know that she ever did any kind of polling to get an idea of how she would fair. But, her name was certainly batted around for 2008.

Hey, you could be right.....it would certainly give her the executive experience to taut.

Nothing, that's just Sine being Sine.....:cwink:

:whatever: how about you stop marginalizing and dismissing me as some nut and stick to representing the authority class on this board in a respectable manner, huh? thanks.

sine chill out, it wasn't meant in that way, it was simply playing with the fact that you had used that same reply earlier....nothing more, hence my choice of smilie.

Will they never learn? Don't mess with Texas!

baiting much....??? lol

I'm not baiting intentionally, it's just like he's lumping all these people into one group.

I mean it's sorta like how everyone associates New York with New York City when it's a very diverse state. I'm sure that Texas is very much the same way and you get an insulting comment like that!

Frankly if I were from Texas I'd be very insulted by that.

I'm not baiting intentionally, it's just like he's lumping all these people into one group.

I mean it's sorta like how everyone associates New York with New York City when it's a very diverse state. I'm sure that Texas is very much the same way and you get an insulting comment like that!

Frankly if I were from Texas I'd be very insulted by that.

lol, not you doofus.......:oldrazz:

Oops

I'm just as much of a doofus on the Hype as I am in real life :csad:

Well, hey.....at least you are consistent.

Nah, its baiting...not sure why......I just ignored it. Not worth the fight....

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...laiming-sovereignty-under-the-10th-amendment/

Indiana Senate Passes SR42 Claiming Sovereignty under the 10th Amendment

Posted on 09 April 2009

On 04-09-09, the Indiana Senate passed Senate Resolution 42 (SR0042) to claim “sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.”

The final vote was 44-3; find the tally here (.pdf)

Read the full text of the resolution below:

Whereas, The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States specifically provides that, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people”;

Whereas, The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being those powers specifically granted to it by the Constitution of the United States and no more;

Whereas, Federalism is the constitutional division of powers between the national and state governments and is widely regarded as one of America’s most valuable contributions to political science;

Whereas, James Madison, “the father of the Constitution,” said, “The powers delegated to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the state governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, [such] as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce. The powers reserved to the several states will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people”;

Whereas, Thomas Jefferson emphasized that the states are not “subordinate” to the national government, but rather the two are “coordinate departments of one simple and integral whole. The one is the domestic, the other the foreign branch of the same government”;

Whereas, Alexander Hamilton expressed his hope that “the people will always take care to preserve the constitutional equilibrium between the general and the state governments.” He believed that “this balance between the national and state governments forms a double security to the people. If one [government] encroaches on their rights, they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by [the] certain rivalship which will ever subsist between them”;

Whereas, The scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal government was created by the states specifically to be limited in its powers relative to those of the various states;

Whereas, Many federal mandates are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, and infringe upon Indiana’s reserve powers and the people’s reserved powers;

Whereas, The United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States , 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the states; and

Whereas, A number of proposals from previous administrations and some now being considered by the present administration and from Congress do infringe on the States’ reserve powers and the people’s reserved powers, and may further violate the Constitution of the United States; Therefore,

Be it resolved by the Senate of the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:

SECTION 1: That the State of Indiana hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.

SECTION 2: That this Resolution serve as a Notice and Demand to the federal government to maintain the balance of powers where the Constitution of the United States established it and to cease and desist, effective immediately, any and all mandates that are beyond the scope of its constitutionally delegated powers.

SECTION 3: That all compulsory federal regulation that directs Indiana and her sister states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions, or directs states to pass conforming legislation under threat of losing federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

SECTION 4: That the Secretary of the Senate immediately transmit copies of this Resolution to the Honorable Barack Obama, President of the United States, the Majority Leader of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives of each state’s legislature of the United States of America, and each member of Congress from the State of Indiana.

Mitch Daniels will sign it, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"