Discussion: State Rights

Which state do you nominate? Texas is one of the most independent and isn't in debt up to its eyeballs like California and other prestigious states. Given the size of the state, the size of the state's population, and the natural resources that it provides to the rest of the nation...I would say that yes, Texas is the best state. :woot:

Yes, the government of Texas wanted to be annexed. My ancestors DID NOT......:cwink:
Not every Colonist in the Americas in 1775 wanted to be Indepenent of England. They didn't get their wish.

Not every Colonist in the Americas in 1775 wanted to be Indepenent of England. They didn't get their wish.

No, they moved to Canada.....

Which state do you nominate? Texas is one of the most independent and isn't in debt up to its eyeballs like California and other prestigious states. Given the size of the state, the size of the state's population, and the natural resources that it provides to the rest of the nation...I would say that yes, Texas is the best state. :woot:
It is in the Top 10 Best Economies in the World if considered it own Country.

Not every Fantastic 4 Member is Awesome.

Not all of them.

The majority did, and those that didn't.....apparently didn't care enough to move north...and were content with staying and adapting to a new government.

As I'm sure many in Texas did, most of my ancestors went back to Tennessee, some stayed in East Texas, later moving to West Texas...but they have remained independent in nature throughout the generations.

Only 1/3 wanted Independance, 1/3 wanted to remain part of England, and 1/3 didn't care.

The majority did, and those that didn't.....apparently didn't care enough to move north...and were content with staying and adapting to a new government.

As I'm sure many in Texas did, most of my ancestors went back to Tennessee, some stayed in East Texas, later moving to West Texas...but they have remained independent in nature throughout the generations.

...and that means what exactly??....kind of like how some Cleveland Brown fans claim Baltimores super bowl win as theirs??

It is in the Top 10 Best Economies in the World if considered it own Country.
1. How much of that economic success relies upon oil?

2. What happens when they run out of oil?

...and that means what exactly??....kind of like how some Cleveland Brown fans claim Baltimores super bowl win as theirs??

That is simply their nature......they aren't going around saying..."we want to be a republic again". It just simply means that independent nature was strong enough to last from generation to generation.

I have no clue what your analogy means....lol

Except to say, NO, Dallas Cowboy fans would not claim a Houston Texans Super Bowl win as their own.....by a long shot. Don't remember any Houston Oiler fans claiming a Cowboy win as their own either....

Only 1/3 wanted Independance, 1/3 wanted to remain part of England, and 1/3 didn't care.

????????????????????????????????????:huh::huh::huh:

I'm not sure anyone would know.....they didn't exactly have polls back then. I would venture to say that an historian at some point put that out there, and it was just repeated. Or, a 5th grader is editing Wiki again....

I'm not sure anyone would know.....they didn't exactly have polls back then. I would venture to say that an historian at some point put that out there, and it was just repeated. Or, a 5th grader is editing Wiki again....
It is based an a Letter from John Adams and Historians accounts from the time. Of course it's a guesstimate, but it is said all the time.

Government seemed so "far away" back then. I wouldn't be surprised.

"The English are comin', Bob!"

"Who cares? Unless they are gonna help me plant this week."

:thing: :doom: :thing:

It is based an a Letter from John Adams and Historians accounts from the time. Of course it's a guesstimate, but it is said all the time.

In the 21 hours of American History classes that I had in college was there ever a percentage or even an estimate given. What has been said is that a strong contingency made their way to Canada settling first in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, diffusing from there.....and it was strong enough to clearly dominate the culture of Canada, besides Quebec, for years to come. I've never seen anywhere a number or percentage, guesstimate given to a group that "didn't care".....

I've been reading it for years...

I don't know what to tell you.

It's just a knee jerk reaction. I've lived in Chicago, NY, and Hartford and alot of people who've never been to Texas told me how much they hated it.

There are ***** here. But I've met those kinds in every state in the union.

It's just a knee jerk reaction. I've lived in Chicago, NY, and Hartford and alot of people who've never been to Texas told me how much they hated it.

There are ***** here. But I've met those kinds in every state in the union.

Ive driven through Texas and have no desire to stay there, visit, or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"