11 States Declare Sovereignty

I am surprised how none of this gets picked up by the press, I mean they pickup stories about the Obama children getting a swing set over this. Hrmmmm...

I am surprised how none of this gets picked up by the press, I mean they pickup stories about the Obama children getting a swing set over this. Hrmmmm...

I'm surprised as well. You would think Fox News would be all over this. I could see the rest trying to bury it, but this should almost be in the top 10 stories on each show everyday on Fox.

Yes blame the GOP, the god damn dirty, corrupt, sore losing, GOP's fault. All of it. But lets completely ignore the fact that:

Washington, Kansas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oklahoma have Democratic governors. That's eleven out of the sixteen states. Just in case you don't want to do the math.

Washington, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Minnesota have large Democratic majorities in both chambers of their legislatures. West Virginia has a Democratic supermajority in both chambers of its legislature. Indiana and Kentucky have Democratic majorities in their House of Representatives, Montana is has the same amount of Democrats as Republicans in their House of Representatives and are considered the majority party. In Tennesse, the Democrats have a large minority to where Democratic support is needed to get anything done in their House of Representatives. In Georgia's Senate Democratic support is needed because Republicans don't have 2/3 control That's five states legislatures with Democratic majorities in both chambers. Three states with Democratic majorities in one chamber. That accounts for eight out of sixteen states, plus Tennessee making it nine out of sixteen.

So as you can see here, I have clearly proven that it is the GOPs fault for this, all because they have a grudge against Obama.

Dang, HH... that was some serious pwnage. :woot::woot::woot:

I think it is quite clear that a lot of states are concerned about the power of the federal government being drastically expanded. This isn't about party lines anymore. This is States v. Federal. It's actually kind of scary to me how much this administration is trying to expand the grip of the federal government not just into the private sector... but now into the states themselves. How much longer can this go on?

Last edited:
- Pennsylvania has introduced a 10th Amendment resolution.

- A legislative panel in Arkansas has rejected their 10th Amendment resolution.

So what does this really mean? They're just rejecting the stimulus money, right?

Isn't the talk about this being the biggest state-federal confrontation since the Civil War quite a bit overblown?

Heya,

I'm not a much of a political nut, or guru, but my current state of New Mexico has also started the process as well, which I'm glad for all of this is a joke of a "bailout", IMO.

Then again, make SuBe happy he got me supportive of the FairTax. Granted, some things I don't like with it, but it's better than what we currently have in place that's for sure.

Anyways, I hope this movement grows, and better idea comes in it's place, and NM does end up joining the ranks against it.

Hasta,
Ali

What don't you like about it, more than likely it's because you don't understand it fully, but once you do, you will support it as much as I do.

- Pennsylvania has introduced a 10th Amendment resolution.

- A legislative panel in Arkansas has rejected their 10th Amendment resolution.

Great news, but Rendell is a party line hack. He'll veto it (hell, we'll be lucky if he can even take ten minutes from trying to sell our turnpike despite 90 % of our population being against such a move, just to skim the bill).

Yeah, Rendell won't let that go through....

So what does this really mean? They're just rejecting the stimulus money, right?

Isn't the talk about this being the biggest state-federal confrontation since the Civil War quite a bit overblown?

Not if it is the biggest state-federal confrontation since the Civil War. The states shouldn't cede ANY power to the federal government that isn't given to it in the U.S. Constitution. Like SuBe said, some of these bills have been around in one form or another since before Obama came along. Personally, I think it's getting so much more attention because of the power grab being attempted in Washington right now.

But, whether these bills had originated now or five years earlier, I would still be supporting them. :up:

Not if it is the biggest state-federal confrontation since the Civil War. The states shouldn't cede ANY power to the federal government that isn't given to it in the U.S. Constitution. Like SuBe said, some of these bills have been around in one form or another since before Obama came along. Personally, I think it's getting so much more attention because of the power grab being attempted in Washington right now.

But, whether these bills had originated now or five years earlier, I would still be supporting them. :up:

Theres just this feeling I have that if Obama would take over the Presidency that the people delivered to him with an overwhelming vote, and quit allowing Pelosi to write all of this damn legislation, I think we might actually get some good legislation where a bipartisan vote can put it into law.

And NOTE TO OBAMA.....you sure as hell better watch the gyrations of the Stock Market....because your damn Bear Market is screwing us. WAKE THE HELL UP....

Both primaries were amazing. We knew we were in a reccession. Early signs were showing as soon as mid to late 2007...yet our populace nominated the two people who both came out and said, "I really don't know much about how the economy works." You have an economic genius on the Republican side in the form of Mitt Romney and Bill Richardson who oversaw massive economic growth in New Mexico on the Democratic side...yet voters selected the one who gave the prettiest speeches and the one who sucked up to the voters of New Hampshire the best.

This was a Rock Star vs. Old School election.....plain and simple.

As far as the Republican party NOW, not alot of new ideas coming from the Republicans.

Everyone, including Democrats, including Obama.....are more about Rush Limbaugh than where they should be focused.

The fact that people are now looking to their states for leadership, I think, says alot.
And, I'm not saying Republican states, this thread shows, that its across the board. I'm not seeing alot of leadership in Washington at the moment. I'm not saying that I won't soon, but at this moment, I don't see any. Republican or Democratic leadership.

I think Republicans may need to look at Rep. Shock from Illinois for its future.....Obama certainly sees his potential, who knows what is in store for this young man. The first piece of legislation with his name on it? Legislation that mandates "special elections" for all vacated congressional seats.

Yes blame the GOP, the god damn dirty, corrupt, sore losing, GOP's fault. All of it. But lets completely ignore the fact that:

Washington, Kansas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oklahoma have Democratic governors. That's eleven out of the sixteen states. Just in case you don't want to do the math.

Washington, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Minnesota have large Democratic majorities in both chambers of their legislatures. West Virginia has a Democratic supermajority in both chambers of its legislature. Indiana and Kentucky have Democratic majorities in their House of Representatives, Montana is has the same amount of Democrats as Republicans in their House of Representatives and are considered the majority party. In Tennesse, the Democrats have a large minority to where Democratic support is needed to get anything done in their House of Representatives. In Georgia's Senate Democratic support is needed because Republicans don't have 2/3 control That's five states legislatures with Democratic majorities in both chambers. Three states with Democratic majorities in one chamber. That accounts for eight out of sixteen states, plus Tennessee making it nine out of sixteen.

So as you can see here, I have clearly proven that it is the GOPs fault for this, all because they have a grudge against Obama.

Yeah, I don't think this matter of blame, different people have different ideas for solving a crisis and some governors might to do their own plans to solve this problem and don't want the strings that will come with that money. Its not really anyone's fault if leaders don't agree, not everyone will agree to a same solution to a crisis.

Yeah, I don't think this matter of blame, different people have different ideas for solving a crisis and some governors might to do their own plans to solve this problem and don't want the strings that will come with that money. Its not really anyone's fault if leaders don't agree, not everyone will agree to a same solution to a crisis.

Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner!

This was a Rock Star vs. Old School election.....plain and simple.

As far as the Republican party NOW, not alot of new ideas coming from the Republicans.

Everyone, including Democrats, including Obama.....are more about Rush Limbaugh than where they should be focused.

The fact that people are now looking to their states for leadership, I think, says alot.
And, I'm not saying Republican states, this thread shows, that its across the board. I'm not seeing alot of leadership in Washington at the moment. I'm not saying that I won't soon, but at this moment, I don't see any. Republican or Democratic leadership.

I think Republicans may need to look at Rep. Shock from Illinois for its future.....Obama certainly sees his potential, who knows what is in store for this young man. The first piece of legislation with his name on it? Legislation that mandates "special elections" for all vacated congressional seats.

I don't know how true that is, The Gohmert Plan came out, but to very little Media Fanfare (no surprise). This is a brilliant plan, and unfortunately couldn't get it's legs, but is a wonderful new idea.

I don't know how true that is, The Gohmert Plan came out, but to very little Media Fanfare (no surprise). This is a brilliant plan, and unfortunately couldn't get it's legs, but is a wonderful new idea.

This is another contradiction in conservative thought, talk about personal responsibility and talk about hating people with victm complexes, but things don't go your way, blame everything on the "liberal media", act like a victim and avoid personal responsibility.

Here's an idea, maybe Gohmert Plan didn't gain a lot of media attention for the same reason Obama's plan is being rejected by a bunch of state governors, they didn't sell it well enough. Its the GOP's job to sell this plan, not the media's. Maybe conservaties should stop talking about personal responsibility and actually apply it to their lives.

This is another contradiction in conservative thought, talk about personal responsibility and talk about hating people with victm complexes, but things don't go your way, blame everything on the "liberal media", act like a victim and avoid personal responsibility.

Here's an idea, maybe Gohmert Plan didn't gain a lot of media attention for the same reason Obama's plan is being rejected by a bunch of state governors, they didn't sell it well enough. Its the GOP's job to sell this plan, not the media's. Maybe conservaties should stop talking about personal responsibility and actually apply it to their lives.
I never said anything about the Liberal Media. I just said Media fanfare. That would include internet campains, Radio, Columnists, Fox News, etc. Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said anything about the Liberal Media. I just said Media fanfare. That would include internet campains, Radio, Columnists, Fox News, etc. Don't put words in my mouth.

Irrelevant, you are blaming someone besides the GOP for their failure to sell this plan. Primary responsibility to sell this plan lies with the GOP, not the media. Its thier job to sell this plan, not anyone else. Just like its Obama's job to sell his plan and if governors reject well then he didn't do a good job selling it, that is his responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"