Discussion: The Westboro Baptist Church

The Force, my Padawan learner?

go to their official website, Marvolo... you'll find that they pride themselves in holding to all 5 points of TULIP.

now you claim you've never seen this stuff in Calvinism... well, i can tell you fro personal experience debating with Calvinists, and simply talking with them, and Reformers alike, that they do act and behave like that... i see the fruit they yield day in and day out, and i also see their hatred for the Word of God when those who do go out and street preach, they lash out and proclaim they cant help but sin, and point to their flesh as if it's their excuse to sin... i say that these people are like this because this is what Reformed Theology leads people to, when taken to its logical conclusion. it leads to this because its roots are not in Christ... its roots are in Satan himself. I know this for a fact because i see it daily in them. when push comes to shove, they will produce that.

and here's that quote you were looking for:

"In a word, Augustine is so wholly with me, that if I wished to write a confession of my faith, I could do so with all fulness and satisfaction to myself out of his writings. But that I may not, on the present occasion, be too prolix, I will be content with three or four instances of his testimony, from which it will be manifest that he does not differ from me one pin's point. And it would be more manifest still, could the whole line of his confession be adduced, how fully and solidly he agrees with me in every particular.
~ John Calvin, “A Treatise on the Eternal Predestination of God”. Calvin’s Calvinism. Page 38

i had more to say, but i have better things to do with my life rather than to argue with you about this.

you can sit here and yell at me about what i said all you want, but apparently it doesnt matter to you all that much, so consider this my last post to you about this.

I have gone to several different churches from Baptist, to Methodist, Presbyterian, Bible Baptist, Church of Christ, and I have visited many, many churches over the years working in them during Summer internships, as well as a member. I now, when I attend, I attend a non-denominational church. I am not one to sing the praises of the church today....I think many have lost what they were intended to do...(not anything like WB church), but in the area of simply ministering many have lost that IMO.

I also know several 5pt. Calvinist, went to college with quite a few....and it was from them and them only that I have heard anything of what you are saying in your post. NEVER, in the 42 years that I have been attending church have I heard ANYONE in a Sunday school class, from the pulpit, in a revival, or at a luncheon, EVER heard anything about that Calvinist hold to. May those preachers and some of the members believe it? Sure, is it in any of the by laws, etc of those churches? If it is, it isn't being taught.

To me? it isn't the thing that is hurting the church today, lack of ministry is hurting the church today....the desire for membership and $$$$ is hurting the church today. The fact that it has lost the desire to help the street corner it is built on is what is wrong with the church today.

Last edited:
I love watching them run off like the cowards they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"