Disenchantment (Netflix)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
20264761_10155594928346617_8741766343185044379_n.jpg

20374698_10155594929081617_5129798963476894676_n.jpg

20246470_10155594930286617_7184685136568735289_n.jpg

I would be much more on board if David X Cohen was involved.

I'm still looking forward to it. It's got a lot of the right elements to it plus no network meddling or censorship.

Pastarama?

Nah, this sounds great, I'm glad I have Netflix now.

I'll be watching.

First Look at “Disenchantment” Princess, Elf, and Demon From “The Simpsons” Creator’s New Series

Last summer, Netflix ordered twenty episodes of “Disenchantment”, an adult-themed animated comedy-fantasy series from the mind of “The Simpsons” and “Futurama” creator Matt Groening. Now, after last night’s tease, we have the first full look at a trio of characters – the princess, elf, and demon – with news that it will be streaming on August 17, 2018.

In “Disenchantment”, viewers will be whisked away to the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, where they will follow the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo, and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools.

Warrior-Pose-Image-FIN_400dpi.jpg

Group-Sitting-On-Ledge-Vertical-FIN-400dpi.jpg

Looks incredible, I can’t wait! The elf is a bit too bart Simpson but I suppose stick with what works. Anyway I’m looking forward to it!

This could be great. I hope Netflix is paying for some decent animation and not resorting to the flash/symbol stuff all their adult animated series have used.

[YT]Gp_RnJcb8Ig[/YT]

Something about the animation still feels off.

Was checking new stuff on Netflix coming in August and read about this one. Looks fun! That demon character is probably gonna steal the show

Something about the animation still feels off.

The bgs are all drawn off of 3D bases (along with some bgs being fully 3D). It doesn't pair well with the animation.

I am absolutely loving it. Especially the king, he’s a real scene stealer.

There are already so many supporting characters I want to see return

even though he fell in lava I would love to see the radical priest guy come back as like a nemesis of Luci

Caught the first two episodes... So far it's okay. Not bad but it does feel very much like a fantasy FUTURAMA with a lot of analogs I.E. Elfo is Frye, Luci is Bender etc. But I would be lying if some stuff didn't make me laugh heartily. I will definitely be watching the full season to see how it develops.

most into episode one and I am enjoying the hell out of it the gnome/ogre war had me :funny:

I just finished. I don't think I've ever watched a full season of either of his other shows, but this felt nicely paced for something more serialized. That's quite the cliffhanger.

Caught the first two episodes... So far it's okay. Not bad but it does feel very much like a fantasy FUTURAMA with a lot of analogs I.E. Elfo is Frye, Luci is Bender etc. But I would be lying if some stuff didn't make me laugh heartily. I will definitely be watching the full season to see how it develops.

Ha, I remember when people said that about Futurama. Bender is homer, fry is Bart etc

Ha, I remember when people said that about Futurama. Bender is homer, fry is Bart etc

That... Makes zero sense. Frye is NOTHING like Bart. The similarities between Bender and Homer starts and ends with alcoholic consumption.

Luci is similar to Bender in that he's the nihilist egging on others to be bad and it seems the only thing keeping him from even greater evil is general apathy to the world. Elfo is SO Fry. He's the well meaning numskull in a whole new world he's not familiar with that, just like Fry, has a crush on another cast member.

Now... The show is gonna go on and likely change up some aspects but the way certain characters are written and the gags they have come up with does feel familiar to me. That's not bad. But... It's noticeable.

Come now, they’re not entirely different, at least when the first episode started and people pretty much wanted the simpsons but in space. I mean homer and bender have similar loud in your face outrageous personalities and even have a similar look with the bowl cut and the overbite thing. Obviously as the series went on people saw the differences more starkly. Plus, like homer, bender was on ALL the merch and clearly intended to be the fave.

Bart and fry, I suppose people saw them both as delinquents that never get anything right. Again as the series went on the differences became more obvious. But that’s definitely what people were saying at the time

Very uneven first season imo, but the last two episodes made it all worth it. Looking forward to season two.

It was hit and miss for me. At times it seemed dull and honestly I do not like Bean too much. I would say about a third of the episodes were "meh". But some of it did give me a good laugh. Did like the last two episode and was disappointed when I found out I watched the last one.

Ok I finished it. I loved every second of it. A lot of people have compared it to Futurama and the simpsons but I actually reckon it has more than enough Adventure time DNA in it. Interesting that John DiMaggio was in that series too

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"