Arcane (Netflix)

I want a season or separate show set in the dark times that the little councilor keeps having PTSD flashbacks to.

It's insane to me Blizzard and Activision never got on the Netflix train for Overwatch when the franchise was its peak and do something like this. Instead we got three seasons of Skylanders, and now Activision has gone to hell with no escape in sight.

The animation for this show is pretty unique and impressive. I don't think we've ever seen anything quite like this before.

Last edited:
It's insane to me Blizzard and Activision never got on the Netflix train for Overwatch when the franchise was its peak and do something like this. Instead we got three seasons of Skylanders, and now Activision has gone to hell with no escape in sight.

The animation for this show is pretty unique and impressive. I don't think we've ever seen anything quite like this before.

I've said for years the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo series would be awesome as animated shows.

I've said for years the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo series would be awesome as animated shows.

I'm surprised though with Overwatch's popularity they didn't do anything like this. Seems like Overwatch was a property tailor-made to get transmedia adaptations with the comic book superhero influences.

Here's my main problem with the first season of Arcane, the plot tends to meander A LOT. Lots of set up. Reminds me of the lesser parts of Marvel Netflix.

I'm surprised though with Overwatch's popularity they didn't do anything like this. Seems like Overwatch was a property tailor-made to get transmedia adaptations with the comic book superhero influences.

Here's my main problem with the first season of Arcane, the plot tends to meander A LOT. Lots of set up. Reminds me of the lesser parts of Marvel Netflix.

Yeah I feel like it could've been 8 episodes and told the same story but I don't think it's bad enough to take away from it.

Just finished this. Holy crap what a show :applaud

This show lived up to the hype and then some. The first two episodes were kind of slow for me, but once it got to Episode 3 I was hooked and that ending almost destroyed me.

Silco and Powder have to be one of the most compelling and fascinating villain dynamics ever and the action sequences in this show are beyond top notch aswell as the animation.

The score including that Imagine Dragons song is pretty amazing too.

That was one way to end the season, I wonder if that's how they'll explain Viktor's full turn into a cyborg?

This was great. Probably one of the best shows of the year.

The only small thing I didn’t like was that VI didn’t seem to care at all about
Ekko after that explosion on the bridge. She was only worried about Caitlyn, who she barely knows... She never even mentioned him again.

giphy.webp

I can already see the trite conflict this is going to cause between Cupcake and Vi.

Netflix (France) disappointed me : only 3 episodes are displayed on the show overview windows but the 3 next episodes are there when you start watching and the last 3 aren't available at all while you can find them on pirate streaming sites.

The more I reflect on this show the more I like it.

I'm confident it's my favorite show of 2021, surpassing The Queen's Gambit, which is surprising since I knew nothing about the game or even heard any reviews about it. I just checked it out because it looked interesting and ended up binging the first 3 episodes.
Hell, I never once skipped the opening credits for any episode, Enemy just worked so well with the opening credit visuals.

I'll probably end up doing a second viewing this weekend.:wowe:

I'm only two episodes in, but I really like what I've seen so far. I've no idea what the video game was about (as usual, I've never been a gamer and am always clueless lol), but this seems like a solid story, and of course a huge attraction for me so far is these truly great visuals. Very impressive.

But also even more important - interesting characters, which might usually be lacking in video game adaptions. I hope this keeps up with further episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"