Disney Goes Franchise Sequel Crazy

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Posted: Friday February 23rd 2007 6:56am
Source: Jim Hill Media
Author: Garth Franklin

Jim Hill Media has an interesting column of late which reveals that Disney Pictures has gone "franchise-crazy," and is planning sequels to practically every project currently in development or being considered.

Hill claims Disney's next big franchise could come out of "The Prince of Persia" video game series which Jerry Bruckheimer is developing. That film is on track to be the studio's big Summer 2008 live-action tentpole pictures.

Also in the works is a possible "Enchanted" sequel, three more "Narnia" films, a third and fourth "National Treasure", and of course more "Pirates of the Caribbean" films.

Good

Pirates and National Treasures are great adventure films, and I am sure Brcukhiemer can make it happen again with Prince of Persia

Good. Obviously Narnia and POTC was gona get more sequels. I'll go see Prince of Persia.

BUT STOP WITH THE NATIONAL TREASURE SEQUELS ALREADY!

Good. Obviously Narnia and POTC was gona get more sequels. I'll go see Prince of Persia.

They are fun movies, Indiana Jones like but where Indiana Jones is an A+ National Treasure is like a B, doesn't make them bad movies, they are fun, and they are the type of movies that get better with sequels as their legends grow

They are fun movies, Indiana Jones like but where Indiana Jones is an A+ National Treasure is like a B, doesn't make them bad movies, they are fun, and they are the type of movies that get better with sequels as their legends grow
Well, I agree. The first movie was good. I don't mind a second. Maybe a third. But a fourth? Come on.

More National Treasure sequels ? hmmmmmm,glad to hear the POP as actually still actively moving forward,we should get some casting this year

Well, I agree. The first movie was good. I don't mind a second. Maybe a third. But a fourth? Come on.

You definatley makea fair point

If the second is good, I think I can be game for 4

toy story 3 is als in the works. i hope they make incredibles 2 also.

Incredibles 2 should have been made before TS3.

I'd rather see a Sinbad or Aladdin in the 40 thieves before Prince Of Persia.

I'd rather see a Sinbad or Aladdin in the 40 thieves before Prince Of Persia.

What if Bruckhiemer goes Pirates style on us, and ties Aladdin, Sinbad, and the 40 thieves into PoP? I think that would be badass

I cringed when I saw an ad for Cinderella III. :(

stop what?? they havent even made a sequel for it yet:huh:

David starsky, i'm calling you out! :woot:

Hey, I actually liked National Treasure after I saw it. I had this huge hatred for it beforehand and then went it and enjoyed the heck out of it, so I'm open to more sequels (or a franchise).

And Prince of Persia would be fantastic. Such a vivid and hugely fun series of games. Just imagine how great every element of Pirates of the Caribbean is, with it's production values and johnny depp, and then put all that into an egyptian sort of mythological time. Sounds freakin' awesome! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"