Disney Rumored to have lost confidence with Brie Larson and Captain Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what makes it hard to discuss anything divisive on a forum all too often. :shrug:

Did you read them? I made no assertions other than showing the sources of the articles and mentioning what (and I quote) "some of the juicier bits say". From there, I tried to look at it from a flipside perspective around what's being said (flipside being the suggestion that this is at her personal expense as seen on bolded and underlined part).

The 2nd post simply checking in seeing what she's been up to. No surprise she's focusing on her personal life as opposed to stressing over this stuff.
You posted a bunch of tabloid level coverage and then followed it up with your own tabloid level coverage. So I am going to ask again. Were your post serious?

Has any info been released on how the Captain Marvel merchandise is doing? Perhaps Perlmutter was right? The movie might have made a billion dollars but its meaningless if the merchandise is failing because it doesn't appeal to a wide audience.

You posted a bunch of tabloid level coverage and then followed it up with your own tabloid level coverage. So I am going to ask again. Were your post serious?

The posts were discussing the sources behind the "****************" link that this thread pertains to.

I make no assertions in these posts of Marvel running an SJW campaign or that these rumors are in fact true (So yeah, this sentence I think answers your question?).

That being said, there's no denying the internet can be fairly brutal and I think wondering what personal expense this role of Captain Marvel entails and how she's dealing with it are questions that arise reading through this thread.

Has any info been released on how the Captain Marvel merchandise is doing? Perhaps Perlmutter was right? The movie might have made a billion dollars but its meaningless if the merchandise is failing because it doesn't appeal to a wide audience.
Let's entertain this for a moment. A female character, whose movie made 400m domestically, had merch that did not appeal to the majority of Americans why? Also Perlmutter... are we just going to forget how wrong he was about pretty much everything and wanted to cheap out on Civil War? The guy who limited everyone to one drink at the premieres? You think he might have been... right? Why?

The posts were discussing the sources behind the "****************" link that this thread pertains to.

I make no assertions in these posts of Marvel running an SJW campaign or that these rumors are in fact true (So yeah, this sentence I think answers your question?).

That being said, there's no denying the internet can be fairly brutal and I think wondering what personal expense this role of Captain Marvel entails and how she's dealing with it are questions that arise reading through this thread.
You posted a photo of Brie Larson kissing a man, and hit us with the, "she might want to start a family". You do realize Larson was engaged for like 3 years, right? Did you run with that Daily Mail like story then as well?

You posted a photo of Brie Larson kissing a man, and hit us with the, "she might want to start a family". You do realize Larson was engaged for like 3 years, right? Did you run with that Daily Mail like story then as well?
Marvel would never hire parents or people with families as their superhero actors.

And bad place, wasn't ScarJo pregnant during the filming of one of those Avengers movies? Same with Zoe when she did GoTG. So the whole 'starting a family' thing is definitely not an excuse.

Marvel would never hire parents or people with families as their superhero actors.
How dare you? Are you suggesting that a woman could possibly star in a superhero franchise and have kids?!?!?!

3X6Wnqf.gif

0neV2wI.gif

Why are we still citing We Got This Covered in the year of our lord 2019? Why not pull out Weekly World News as a source, too? I'm sure Bat Boy is looking to make a comeback.

This past January her and Alex Greenwald called off their engagement. Elijah Allan-Blitz is the man in the photo. They'll maybe take their time for a number of years or breakup but "she might be willing to start a family" and is moving on with life regardless of the negative talk I think can be surmised from this.

This past January her and Alex Greenwald called off their engagement. Elijah Allan-Blitz is the man in the photo. They'll maybe take their time for a number of years or breakup but "she might be willing to start a family" and is moving on with life regardless of the negative talk I think can be surmised from this.
Oh My Zod...

kCNe4SL.gif

Apparently Captain Marvel isn't a profitable franchise after making 1.1 billion with it's first movie, it sold no merchandise, and Brie Larson is about to start a family of 8, after retiring from public life to take on her womanly duties as a mother. So, the franchise is pretty much dead.

Last edited:
Apparently Captain Marvel isn't a profitable franchise after making 1.1 billion with it's first movie, it sold no merchandise, and apparently Brie Larson is about to start a family of 8, after retiring from public life to take on her womanly duties as a mother. So, the franchise is pretty much dead.

Oh. I must admit to not seeing CM yet, but she didn't do much for me in Endgame. I also don't believe it would've gotten to a bill without that endgame door being right there after it, but that is the extra bread and confidence Marvel has earned, she ain't going anywhere. But tis' is just my assumption of course. bad place, just like some certain DC fan section on here who still believe they are recasting Momoa and Gal some time soon, it ain't happening chief.Again, I haven't seen the movie or read the comics, but is she into chicks? That was my immediate reaction after seeing her haircut in Endgame, oh she must have a gal love interest in her solo. Is that a cliche about the short hair or I'm just being a prick and looking way into it? I dont know.

Oh. I must admit to not seeing CM yet, but she didn't do much for me in Endgame. I also don't believe it would've gotten to a bill without that endgame door being right there after it, but that is the extra bread and confidence Marvel has earned, she ain't going anywhere. But tis' is just my assumption of course. bad place, just like some certain DC fan section on here who still believe they are recasting Momoa and Gal some time soon, it ain't happening chief.Again, I haven't seen the movie or read the comics, but is she into chicks? That was my immediate reaction after seeing her haircut in Endgame, oh she must have a gal love interest in her solo. Is that a cliche about the short hair or I'm just being a prick and looking way into it? I dont know.
Only in my heart.

Tessa Thompson hopes so.

The abject failure of the CM boycott revealed that Brie's most vile detractors were just a handful of garbage humans. I wouldn't worry about Ms. Larson.

The starting a family excuse is a funny one tho! Kevin Feige and The Mouse would make her work while in labor. There is always going to be a candyland!!

I don't think it's doing well at all honestly. I don't think I've seen any girls wearing anything ever of her. EVER. And people make good points about **************** but they are not the only ones reporting that Disney is losing confidence in Captain Marvel. But time will tell though. Again, Sony getting Spiderman out of the MCU has changed the MCU more than anyone imagined because it has now fast tracked the F4, Silver Surfer, Doom, and the X-men. You don't do that when you were super confident in your characters unless something changed....................like losing Spiderman.

Apparently Captain Marvel isn't a profitable franchise after making 1.1 billion with it's first movie, it sold no merchandise, and apparently Brie Larson is about to start a family of 8, after retiring from public life to take on her womanly duties as a mother. So, the franchise is pretty much dead.

Word on the street is Brie is, indeed, planning on getting pregnant eight times. But she will be aborting the male fetuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"