Disney's Haunted Mansion reboot (Justin Simien)

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yes you heard it right. Disney is doing a reboot to the haunted Mansion with Guillermo Del Toro Directing. This was just announced 5 min ago at Comic Con after the live Tron panel.

Better be better than the Eddie Murphy film (which I liked to be fair)

Last edited:
Guillermo del Toro made a surprise announcement at Disney's panel for Tron Legacy that he will next co-write and direct a 3D Haunted Mansion reboot. He may direct as well. A teaser was shown and he appeared on stage.

"We are not returning Eddie Murphy's calls... and we are not making it
a comedy," del Toro said. "We are making it scary and fun, but the scary will be scary."

The story will be built around the Hatbox Ghost and del Toro hopes that he'll be reintroduced to the ride as well.

A teaser was also shown for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. More soon!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68174

There's a part of me who is interested, but after The Hobbit fiasco, I was expecting something more on par. Not to say that this won't great, but I just feel like he's wasting his talents on a film like this.

Guillermo del Toro, I am very disappointed in you.

EDIT: Uh, I didn't notice the "may direct" part. I hope he won't.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not cause I reading the TRON live blog on G4tv.com, so who knows. They said they are not returning Eddi's phones which to me was funny.

Eh, I'll go see it. Though I wouldn't have minded Hellboy III.

While I'm sure this will be cool, I'm horribly disapointed. del Toro will do what he wants but seriously hes connected to so many different projects that so many would rather see. Hopefully this movie doesn't take him many years, after the years lost on the hobbit. I just really wish At the Mountains of Madness would get off the ground.

But hey, rather him than burton

Interesting, is all i gotta say.

will definately check it out! i think Memo Del Toro will do a great job

it sucks what happened with The Hobbit, but he worked and waited for 3+ years on that project and nothing came into fruitition. i don't blame him for wanting to move on

This could be awesome. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully this will do to this like Priates did what that ride. But I love ho this will be horror but fun. The fact that Del Toro is attached says this will be different. I have no problem with this.

I'm interested because of the del Toro involvement. :cool:

**** yeah, this sounds cool. I'm glad they're exploring some of the hidden lore of the Haunted Mansion ride.

The Haunted Mansion is still an awesome ride. And it's pretty twisted, even for a Disney ride. Someone like del Toro could have some good fun with it - especially things like the stretching room.

Of course he has a lot of projects to choose from but this feels a bit of a downgrade after The Hobbit, was hoping for The Frankenstein movie he was willing to do a while back ago.

I'm really excited about this!!! Finally they're giving The Haunted Mansion the treatment it deserved!

Personally I'm holding out for The Country Bears reboot. :awesome:

Nah, in all seriousness. This has a chance to finally be a decent adaption of a ride like Pirates was.

I'm expecting something that could hold its own next to the first Pirates film

del toro is always directing something.... then drop out...

lol i would count on him sticking to..

but if he did.. sounds awesome.

With his description of scary but funny, I'm hoping we get something like Monster Squad in a Haunted House.

Yep, and next will be a movie about the Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain. I know there are scripts somewhere out there. One has a search for gold interrupted by an earthquake caused by an Indian curse, the other, a search for some legendary healing plant in the Congo.

Last edited:
I'm down for Jungle Cruise, but I'm still waiting for the Matterhorn movie.

I'm down for this but why the dig at Eddie Murphy . If this looks anything like the ride it's not going to be scary. The ghosts would have to be the way they were in orphanage.

WTF? Why is he rebooting such a crappy franchise!? Whatever happened to his Cthulhu movie!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"