Guillermo Del Toro's "Disney Double Dare You"

I'm hoping this means more Rahl Dahl books can be adapted. Wasn't RDT planning a film based on "The Witches"? That would be tough, who could be a better villianess than Anjelica Huston?

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the upcoming new version of the Witches! I definately think that it will be a part of this DDDY thing. Awesome.

That name is horrible. I expect watered-down Del Toro-type projects from this.
Yeah I can't help but get the same feeling that I do whenever Robert Rodriguez decides to do a kids movie...

Yeah I can't help but get the same feeling that I do whenever Robert Rodriguez decides to do a kids movie...

Exactly.

Double Dare sounds more of a well, daring them to go into different territory in terms of tone and what they deal with. Supposed scary elements in Disney has never been done before. It's different and daring for a company that has relied on family value for so long.

First, what does "Double Dare You" have to do with horror? Not only is it an outdated phrase, but it has little to do with horror. Second, daring who, exactly? Why the hell would a movie studio have to dare themselves? They're clearly daring the audience then, which is even stupider in my opinion. Why they would need to dare an audience in a studio title instead of a film title, is beyond me.

"DISNEY DARES"? Maybe.

"DISNEY'S DOUBLE DARE YOU"?

Lame.

Last edited:
Del Toro's Trollhunters Land at DreamWorks Animation

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
September 27, 2010

Announced a year ago as being the first project of Walt Disney Studios and Guillermo del Toro's new production label Disney Double Dare You, Trollhunters has landed at DreamWorks Animation.

Del Toro will write and direct the adaptation of a young-adult book the filmmaker submitted to publisher Hyperion about two weeks ago.

An article at The Hollywood Reporter says that del Toro has decided to make DreamWorks Animation his animation home: "He will serve as a consultant and exec producer on several projects already in development, including 'Kung Fu Panda 2,' 'Puss in Boots' and one yet-to-be-revealed project. His fingerprints will even be on DWA's next feature, 'Megamind,' which hits theaters Nov. 5."

About the project, del Toro said: "I wanted very much to develop a story that could be written for kids but dealt with a genre that was scary. It essentially combines fairy tales with modern times and is about how difficult it is to be kid. Normally, kids are idealized in animated films. But the growing pains, married with the notion that there is a world right next to us that is completely plagued by creatures of ancient lore, it's thematically fitting with the rest of my stuff."

Del Toro has already started writing Trollhunters and plans on finishing it before he shoots At the Mountains of Madness.

According to the trade, del Toro is beginning his fourth week of design work with Lightstorm Entertainment on his directorial project At the Mountains of Madness. He is having a summit with Universal in three weeks at which he and his team will present a budget, art and maquettes to the studio's executives.

As I was just getting excited about this project,Here comes Dreamworks.

Yeah, Dreamworks Animation pretty much ensures that this will be mediocre at best.

Hopefully though this is a more a Nick Park/Aardman situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"